Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 21:36 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 21:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
GMAT 1: 700 Q47 V40
GMAT 2: 720 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.9
WE:Investment Banking (Investment Banking)
Send PM
Avanti Prep Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 69 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Send PM
720 (Q45, V44, IR7): Is this Unbalanced score an issue? [#permalink]
Expert Reply
The great GPA helps, so kudos to you on earning that! If you do not have the time to retake the exam, then it seems that the score is what it is. I wouldn't say that it's a dealbreaker, but it will create some drag in accordance with my previous note. Anecdotally, I would say that competitive deferred program applicants from "overrepresented pools" usually have above-average (for a given school) GMAT scores. (But no applicant is ideally situated across every profile category... you do your best with what you have!)

As far as positioning is concerned, considerations might include making sure resume and recommender(s) capture your quant / analytical chops -- though certainly not exclusively those -- and possibly doing some light explanation about the Quant score in your Optional Essays that highlights internships, project, and/or academic work that you believe better illustrate your quant / analytical acumen than the Q47.

You do not need to write a whole essay about -- a few specific sentences would suffice. The Q47 is really right on the border of whether I think addressing in the Optional is even necessary, but in context of everything, and given that you can likely point to some compelling proof elsewhere (at least academically, based on the information available to me in these posts), I would lean toward addressing it there so that you can acknowledge it and control some of the messaging / reinforce strong points around it.

If you are interested in potentially working with Avanti Prep (in any capacity, ranging from comprehensive services through discrete activities such as story and goal development, essay reviews, resume reviews, interview prep, etc.), please feel free to sign up for a Free Consultation via this link: https://www.avantiprep.com/free-consultation.html. (Please mention in the comment field that we first connected here.) We also invite you to review our Services here: https://www.avantiprep.com/services.html

Thanks!
Greg
GMAT Club Bot
720 (Q45, V44, IR7): Is this Unbalanced score an issue? [#permalink]