It is currently 23 Nov 2017, 10:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

730 in GMAT - Request help in evaluation of profile

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern
B

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 5

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
730 in GMAT - Request help in evaluation of profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 15:15
Hello,

I am furnishing the details below. Could you please evaluate my profile and share your thoughts on which schools should I apply for?

GMAT Score: 730 (Q49 V41)

Work Experience Summary:

Accomplished Test Lead/Project Lead, with a total of 10+ years of experience (4 years in India and 6 years in the US), possessing well developed skills and experience for a well-known Indian software consultancy. Worked on several complex conversion projects in agile scrum and waterfall leading a team of 25+ members. Currently working as a project leader in a $1 billion transformation project in Insurance domain. Also possess management experience in preparing reports and billing data.
Also, won the Top 10 Project Manager Competition held organization wide among over 4000 managers in 2016.

International Exposure:

Worked as a consultant for an Indian software firm in a renowned Insurance Company (client) in the US for 6 years. Received numerous customer appreciations for my work.

Education:

B-Tech in Electrical Engineering from West Bengal University of Technology with a DGPA of 8.23
Achieved 91% in 10+ and 80% in 12+ exam

Extra-curricular Activities:

• Corporate Social Responsibility coordinator for my project account. Organized several CSR events and participated in volunteering activities.
• HR coordinator of my project account. Organized, hosted and participated in HR events.
• Project Resource management coordinator
• Knowledge Management POC in my project account

Geography:

• United States (No Executive or Part-time MBA)
• India (No Executive or Part-time MBA)

Will be looking for scholarship in any case.

Areas of Interest:

• Operations Management
• Sales & Marketing
• International Business
• General Management

Please provide your honest feedback and recommendations on the schools to apply.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 246 [0], given: 0

Re: 730 in GMAT - Request help in evaluation of profile [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 11 Sep 2017, 19:51
Thanks for sharing your profile. i would look at Ross, Kelley, Kellogg, and UNC as potential options for your profile as they all have a cross section of strengths in the categories you listed and are in range with your profile

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Intern
Intern
B

Concentration: General Management, Marketing
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7

Show Tags

New post 12 Sep 2017, 07:18
VeritasPrepDozie wrote:
Thanks for sharing your profile. i would look at Ross, Kelley, Kellogg, and UNC as potential options for your profile as they all have a cross section of strengths in the categories you listed and are in range with your profile

Thank you for your response. Do you think I have a shot at HSB, Columbia or Stern? I am inclined to the top 10-15 colleges located in the east coast since my wife is working in and around that area.

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 13 Sep 2017, 19:58
I would say HBS will be tough, but Stern is a possibility and maybe CBS as well. I would also take a look at Yale SOM as well, it is in the same region and can afford many of the same career opportunities as the schools on your list

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

730 in GMAT - Request help in evaluation of profile

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap