Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 18:07 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 18:07

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [9]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 392 [0]
Given Kudos: 69
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Send PM
Re: 740(Q-41,Q-49) in 3 month- Sheer Hardwork, nothing else! [#permalink]
Gian wrote:
Thumbs up Dude! I believe the split is V-41/Q-49, and the subject line has a small typo.

Between, I'm thinking whether to purchase SC Grail, did it helped you in the exam? If you've not sold the book yet,then I'll purchase the pdf version of SC Grail.

Thank you for pointing out the typo. Have corrected it. Yes, SC Grail did help a lot as I found Manhattan SC to be a bit complicated to read.
I don't have the pdf version as I had purchased the 3rd edition which is in the paperback format.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
Re: 740(V-41,Q-49) in 3 months- Sheer Hardwork, nothing else! [#permalink]
3 months is the perfect amount of time I think to apply to schools. I have been doing it for the last 2 months and have my GMAT in another week.I hope I'm able to scale it now.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Gaurav,
Thank you for writing the debrief. Can you let me know what should be verbal strategy in the last 1 month of my prep?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
gauravdahl wrote:
I am ecstatic that finally I am done with my GMAT and did pretty well on it. Now I should be competitive for most of the programs that I am targeting. These forums here have been very helpful and I thought that i'd share here a bit about my GMAT experience so that future test-takers can benefit.

My background and why an MBA
A very typical profile. A guy bored with my IT job, working as a TL and wondering what the hell am I doing with my life. I have always envisioned myself doing something larger than myself and not being a slave to the next paycheque but somehow I feel I am stuck in a rut here where my life has only two destinations- my home and my nonsensical work at office.
I don’t know whether an MBA will help me figure out my calling in life but what I definitely know is that it will open up those opportunities for me that are not available right now. In fact ,right now the only opportunity that I see is switching my job which is like a dead end in itself.

I can very much relate to what you are saying. I am also in the same boat :( Thanks for the detailed post but. Was really very helpful
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.38
Send PM
Congrats for the performance!
It's interesting that I had the same split (Q49 V41) and I got 730, lol
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 24
Schools: IIM-L '15 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V37
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Hi Gaurav, congratulations for a nice score!
Could you please suggest how MGMAT scores relate to the actual GMAT score. How much were you getting on average in MGMATs?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
asingh203 wrote:
Could you please suggest how MGMAT scores relate to the actual GMAT score. How much were you getting on average in MGMATs?

From what i have read on the forum, MGMAT quant is much tougher than the GMAT quant..So if you are getting 47 on MGMAT Quant, you should be hitting around 49 in the actual GMAT. Not very sure about verbal, but i think MGMAT verbal is a tad easier than the actual GMAT
Intern
Intern
Send PM
congrads, man. i plan to take it within a month
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
abhinavarya wrote:
asingh203 wrote:

From what i have read on the forum, MGMAT quant is much tougher than the GMAT quant..So if you are getting 47 on MGMAT Quant, you should be hitting around 49 in the actual GMAT. Not very sure about verbal, but i think MGMAT verbal is a tad easier than the actual GMAT[/quot]
I'd recommend anyone to use the 2 new GMATPREP CATs that are paid and have been released by the GMAC recently. I haven't used them personally but I think that the more you practice from official tests, the better it is.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
russianaspirant wrote:
I'd recommend anyone to use the 2 new GMATPREP CATs that are paid and have been released by the GMAC recently. I haven't used them personally but I think that the more you practice from official tests, the better it is.

Thanks dude. Your debrief and other posts made total sense to me.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V46
Send PM
russianaspirant wrote:
abhinavarya wrote:
asingh203 wrote:

From what i have read on the forum, MGMAT quant is much tougher than the GMAT quant..So if you are getting 47 on MGMAT Quant, you should be hitting around 49 in the actual GMAT. Not very sure about verbal, but i think MGMAT verbal is a tad easier than the actual GMAT[/quot]

I didn't take the new tests myself as they had not released by then but one of my friends who took the tests recently had great things to say about the tests. Would recommend anyone to go for them
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Other)
Send PM
Congrats Gaurav. You got the same score split as I did :). Except that I got a 730!

beelonzz wrote:

Yep, same here beelonzz - got a 730 too.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ZoSoKM wrote:
Congrats Gaurav. You got the same score split as I did :). Except that I got a 730!

beelonzz wrote:

Yep, same here beelonzz - got a 730 too.

Seems like too many 730ers here on the club! Congrats all and all the best for the steps ahead.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 76 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Concentration: Marketing, Entreprenurship
Schools:Tepper, McCombs, Kelley, Darden, Andersen
 Q50  V28 GMAT 2: 730  Q51  V40
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
gauravdahl wrote:

Key learnings:
•A lot of people directly start practicing questions which I think is a bad strategy.Firstly build a strong foundations by working on your concepts and once your concepts are strong enough, then you can focus on practicing questions.
•Keep on visiting the online forums to stay motivated. Believe me motivation is the key.
•Spend a good amount of time in analyzing questions that you practice. Practicing more questions doesn’t help; analysis does!
•Take at least 8 full length CATs. It will help you on time management
•Don’t take the GMAT if you are not ready for it. I postponed my GMAT once because I knew that I will not hit my target score and I certainly didn’t want to get demotivated by taking the GMAT once and screwing it up!

Your last point is so bang on target. I met a dude the other day who was saying that he is taking the GMAT although he is not yet prepared. Why would anyone want to waste their hard earned $$$ like this. I think a bad score is a confidence breaker
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
shovitdhar wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:

Key learnings:
•A lot of people directly start practicing questions which I think is a bad strategy.Firstly build a strong foundations by working on your concepts and once your concepts are strong enough, then you can focus on practicing questions.
•Keep on visiting the online forums to stay motivated. Believe me motivation is the key.
•Spend a good amount of time in analyzing questions that you practice. Practicing more questions doesn’t help; analysis does!
•Don’t take the GMAT if you are not ready for it. I postponed my GMAT once because I knew that I will not hit my target score and I certainly didn’t want to get demotivated by taking the GMAT once and screwing it up!

Your last point is so bang on target. I met a dude the other day who was saying that he is taking the GMAT although he is not yet prepared. Why would anyone want to waste their hard earned $$$ like this. I think a bad score is a confidence breaker

But sometimes delaying the exam can get you nowhere. It's better if you take the exam and learn from it otherwise it just keeps on getting delayed. But that's just my opninion
Manager
Manager
Send PM
abhinavarya wrote:
shovitdhar wrote:
gauravdahl wrote:

Key learnings:

But sometimes delaying the exam can get you nowhere. It's better if you take the exam and learn from it otherwise it just keeps on getting delayed. But that's just my opninion

Agreed. Although the official number of gmat test takers annually is close to 300k, I'm sure that more than 1 million people start their gmat prep but drop it in between. It's difficult to maintain that momentum
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Ajax1 wrote:

Key learnings:

[/quote]
Great insights..Do you think that 8 full length tests are enough ? I'm planning to take around 12
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   
Moderator:
Founder
37301 posts