Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 07:03 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 07:03

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing, International Business
Schools:Kellogg
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]
wincew wrote:
Submitted my deposit today.

Very excited to be attending Kellogg. Hope to meet y'all soon.

Cheers :wink:

Congrats! Looking forward to meeting you this fall.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
wincew wrote:
Submitted my deposit today.

Very excited to be attending Kellogg. Hope to meet y'all soon.

Cheers :wink:

Congrats wincew, looking forward to meeting you this fall.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
How does Kellogg notify applicants of their status? (acceptance or rejection)
I've heard that Kellogg notifies acceptances through phone, email, & mail - but what about rejections?

I applied to Kellogg in R3, and I just got an email from Kellogg verifying my address (because my old temporary address is about to expire in May).
I know I'm reading too much into this - since they probably ask everyone with an address thats about to expire, but... I'm too anxious!

Originally posted by MBAinNYC2009 on 06 Apr 2009, 16:57.
Last edited by MBAinNYC2009 on 06 Apr 2009, 17:20, edited 2 times in total.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
MBAinNYC2009 wrote:
I've heard that Kellogg notifies acceptances through phone, email, & mail - but what about rejections?

I applied to Kellogg in R3, and I just got an email from Kellogg verifying my address (because my old temporary address is about to expire in May).
I know I'm reading too much into this - since they probably ask everyone with an address thats about to expire, but... I'm too anxious!

The "Calling all Kellogg Applicants" thread has a good history of how various people were notified of decisions. Generally, admits will receive a phone call (or sometimes an email for internationals) from admissions telling them of their acceptance. I believe rejections get an email telling them to check their status online.

I wouldn't read too much into the request to verify your address - as you said it's most likely them following up since your temporary address expires next month.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
MBAinNYC2009 wrote:

The "Calling all Kellogg Applicants" thread has a good history of how various people were notified of decisions. Generally, admits will receive a phone call (or sometimes an email for internationals) from admissions telling them of their acceptance. I believe rejections get an email telling them to check their status online.

I wouldn't read too much into the request to verify your address - as you said it's most likely them following up since your temporary address expires next month.

Thanks, I'll check out that thread as well :) - maybe it also has info on my other question (about official transcripts - see below)
Quote:
I just noticed that my online status shows that my 'official transcripts' are missing and that my application is currently incomplete. I submitted an unofficial copy of my transcript when I completed my Part II (in R3) so that may be the cause.

There is a * by it that says 'Please Note: Applicants can submit scanned or un-official copies of transcripts to fulfill the transcript requirement of the application. If a particular transcript is missing, this will be noted in the field next to the requirement list. Hard copy official or attested transcripts are required only upon enrollment.'

I'm going to call the admissions office tomorrow to make sure my application is complete as is - but wanted to see if anyone here knows if this is normal or not to see in the online status.
Current Student
Send PM
So just trying to get a feel for how housing works at Kellogg. Seems like the main on-campus option is McManus - assuming you can get a spot in this building, is there any downside to living here? It seems to be in a good price range, location...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
isa wrote:
So just trying to get a feel for how housing works at Kellogg. Seems like the main on-campus option is McManus - assuming you can get a spot in this building, is there any downside to living here? It seems to be in a good price range, location...

Its all preference. Only thing that keeps you out is if you have pets...no cats or dogs. Its probably the best option in the price range. Location is hard to beat, its decent especially by student housing standards. I would say a drawback might be you might go into Kellogg overload there. I think more than 50% of folks in the building are internationals, still plenty of americans there though. Like all student housing its not the greatest place but they do a good job with upkeep and in my opinion its nicer than most things in that price range, especially when you realize its in an area of town where everything else costs 40-50%+ more.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
 Q51  V44
Send PM
everyones been asking me.."do you get a free bowl of cereal for life ?"

i'm curious.. what is the relationship between the cereal and the school ? is there a connection ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q49  V44
Send PM
isa wrote:

What is the McManus price range? I've been looking for information about the price, but haven't been able to find anything yet.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
yellowjacket wrote:
isa wrote:

What is the McManus price range? I've been looking for information about the price, but haven't been able to find anything yet.

The prices are only available on the regular Northwestern site. It took me forever to find them...

https://www.northwestern.edu/gradhousing/rates.html
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
ashaker wrote:
everyones been asking me.."do you get a free bowl of cereal for life ?"

i'm curious.. what is the relationship between the cereal and the school ? is there a connection ?

No and no. But Tony the Tiger has been known to show up when Kellogg's comes to campus to recruit...

The name Kellogg comes from J.L. Kellogg, who donated $10M 30 years ago for the naming rights on behalf of the Kellogg Foundation.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
From the website: "With a name like Kellogg, questions about a connection with the Kellogg Company of Battle Creek, Mich., are inevitable. John L. Kellogg was the son of the Kellogg Company's founder and worked for the family firm for many years, ultimately becoming its president. He subsequently left the firm and settled in Chicago, where he became a successful entrepreneur in the food industry. He died in 1950 at the age of 67. In 1979, the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation gave $10 million to Northwestern, and the school was named the Kellogg Graduate School of Management."

They are related but he made his fortune outside the Kellogg Company.
Current Student
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
isa wrote:

Its all preference. Only thing that keeps you out is if you have pets...no cats or dogs. Its probably the best option in the price range. Location is hard to beat, its decent especially by student housing standards. I would say a drawback might be you might go into Kellogg overload there. I think more than 50% of folks in the building are internationals, still plenty of americans there though. Like all student housing its not the greatest place but they do a good job with upkeep and in my opinion its nicer than most things in that price range, especially when you realize its in an area of town where everything else costs 40-50%+ more.

Thanks riverripper! +1 imaginary kudos.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Schools:HBS Stanford Kellogg Wharton Tuck MIT Sloan
 Q51  V44
Send PM
riverripper wrote:
From the website: "With a name like Kellogg, questions about a connection with the Kellogg Company of Battle Creek, Mich., are inevitable. John L. Kellogg was the son of the Kellogg Company's founder and worked for the family firm for many years, ultimately becoming its president. He subsequently left the firm and settled in Chicago, where he became a successful entrepreneur in the food industry. He died in 1950 at the age of 67. In 1979, the John L. and Helen Kellogg Foundation gave $10 million to Northwestern, and the school was named the Kellogg Graduate School of Management."

They are related but he made his fortune outside the Kellogg Company.

interesting..wonder what he made his money in ?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing, International Business
Schools:Kellogg
 Q49  V38
Send PM
Thanks!

So I have a question......

What do people think about waiving certain subjects in the core curriculum?

I have an undergrad commerce degree (not from US) and am considering waiving certain subjects but I asked around and some of my friends currently studying MBA mentioned that the way they each at grad school is more advanced and also more interesting so would be nice to refresh and build upon my previous knowledge.

At the same time, I kind of want to take more advanced classes during school to take advantage of the research developed and the professors and the challenging and interesting topics etc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!
Current Student
Send PM
wincew wrote:
Thanks!

So I have a question......

What do people think about waiving certain subjects in the core curriculum?

I have an undergrad commerce degree (not from US) and am considering waiving certain subjects but I asked around and some of my friends currently studying MBA mentioned that the way they each at grad school is more advanced and also more interesting so would be nice to refresh and build upon my previous knowledge.

At the same time, I kind of want to take more advanced classes during school to take advantage of the research developed and the professors and the challenging and interesting topics etc.

What do you guys think?

Thanks!

I would seriously consider waiving out of whatever you can. I'm going to waive as many courses as possible so I can get to the good stuff more quickly. Kellogg even encourages students to do this. Here's a direct quote from their website: "The school encourages students to consider waiving core courses when eligible. Waivers enable the student to enrich their Kellogg experience with a greater number of advanced electives." See https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/we ... aiver.aspx. I've talked to several current students about this, and without exception, they all suggested waiving courses.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
 Q49  V41
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
I would seriously consider waiving out of whatever you can. I'm going to waive as many courses as possible so I can get to the good stuff more quickly. Kellogg even encourages students to do this. Here's a direct quote from their website: "The school encourages students to consider waiving core courses when eligible. Waivers enable the student to enrich their Kellogg experience with a greater number of advanced electives." See https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/we ... aiver.aspx. I've talked to several current students about this, and without exception, they all suggested waiving courses.

I'm all for waiving courses. I waived both DECS class and MECN, and happy I did. It freed me to take M-Lab in the fall, a higher level competitive strategy course in the winter, and new products and services (which I might be starting a business out of).

As for waiving Accounting, Finance, and Marketing, it depends on whether your think you need a refresher. I took Finance again because my Finance class undergrad (in Econ) was bad and I hadn't retained anything. I know plenty of people who waived one or two of the above because of their business undergrad education. I also know a few who repeated. Generally the people waiving were happier for it, but it depends on what you want to get out of the course.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26   27   28  ...  59