Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 17:12 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 17:12

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 39 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:Kellogg MMM, Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]
sc6868 wrote:
Thank you ALL. She got the call and is very excited (so am I).

This is a great forum, very helpful.

Nice, congratulations and hope to meet you both this fall.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General Management, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Send PM
Ok guys I'm back from my 2 week vacation. What did I miss?

I'm assuming we are still on for the GClub Thursday nite dinner at the DAK II weekend - rite?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
shayne wrote:

I'm assuming we are still on for the GClub Thursday nite dinner at the DAK II weekend - rite?

Yup still on! Send me a pm with your email and I'll add you to the email chain :)
Current Student
Send PM
isa wrote:
shayne wrote:

Yup still on! Send me a pm with your email and I'll add you to the email chain :)

Cool! PM Sent!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
shayne wrote:

Aside from the 1-day-only offer on scholarships for GClubbers, nothing much.
Current Student
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
shayne wrote:

Aside from the 1-day-only offer on scholarships for GClubbers, nothing much.

WHAT!! me wants scholarhsip too :cry: :cry:
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Gil wrote:
So they are seriously telling us that less than 10,000 dollars for 9 months is what our rent should be? Amazing. (~15K minus 5K for food)

Here was the budget they sent me:
2Y MBA/MMM: 2009-2010 Standard Cost Of Attendance

Tuition: $49,074
Room/Board: 14,910
Books: 1,647
Travel: 1,266
Personal: 3,060
Health Insurance: 2,360
Computer: 1,800
Loan Fees 1,077
Total $75,194

Which, if you take Travel, Room and Board, Personal and your $1,500 tuition deposit divided by 9 months is $2,300 a month. Although not amazing, it certainly seems reasonable. If you live with a roommate, then $1,100 a month for rent is about average.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Remember they base their numbers on averages. Lot of students have roommates or live in McManus so they bring down the housing average. The travel expenses is based on two trips home a year, and what people spend on average for that. So someone from Houston which is a 200 dollar flight drags down the value of a ticket to Hong Kong at 1200 a ticket.

If you choose to live in on of the expensive places then the assumption is you will be pulling money out of your pocket. One thing to realize is that you can petition to get more loans if you need to. I would say its a safe bet that less than half the class takes 100% of the loan package, they dont want people taking out way more money than they should. In the past some people would take max loans and invest it, but imagine if people did that this year.

If you are married and/or have kids, if your spouse cant work then you can definitely get more aid. So if you are an international and your wife doesnt get a visa, you can definitely take out more money to cover that added expense. I think most schools are within a few thousand dollars, it is one of those things that happens. I definitely would suggest no one be foolish enough to be swayed by the amount of debt one school says it will cause you. If you want more you can usually get more if you have a reason, and if you dont want it all then dont take it.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 36 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Send PM
Just curious, how many people are there on the Facebook group for 2009 admitted students?
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
adcxaway wrote:
Just curious, how many people are there on the Facebook group for 2009 admitted students?

In total there's currently 241 people in the group, so a little less than half the class. If my memory serves, there's probably 7-8 people from gmatclub in the group.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Schools:Kellogg '10
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Is anyone else at all frustrated by how unhelpful the staff at Kellogg is? I have tried to contact about 4 different people with various questions, only 1 of whom has bothered to respond to my emails and phone calls. Some of these things relate to trying to figure out discrepancies in their own instructions on how to enroll! It's pretty annoying and hopefully not representative of the school's administrative functioning once matriculated.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 107 [1]
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Kudos
Addendum to previous post: so it seems I needed to grill a receptionist at student affairs to get my answer regarding due dates for the medical records form (as opposed to the head of student records and something-related, who ignored my calls/emails).

It turns out, once again, that Kellogg screwed up with the medical records form.

First they had the form for med school students on their website. I called to inquire if this is incorrect, but never heard back (surprise!). A few weeks later the form had been switched to the logical one.

Then, while working on the form, I notice that it has a due date of May 1 for summer entrants, while the Kellogg welcome website has June 1. Uh oh! News flash - Kellogg's website was wrong again! So the website will probably be fixed in a few weeks, meaning a week or so after the due date for 1Ys.

Lovely. :lol:
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Concentration: General Management; High Tech; Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg School of Management
 Q50  V41
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
Is anyone else at all frustrated by how unhelpful the staff at Kellogg is? I have tried to contact about 4 different people with various questions, only 1 of whom has bothered to respond to my emails and phone calls. Some of these things relate to trying to figure out discrepancies in their own instructions on how to enroll! It's pretty annoying and hopefully not representative of the school's administrative functioning once matriculated.

I have had a great experience with a girl named Amanda at financial aid. If you need help in that field, send me a PM and I will send you her e-mail. She is really great.

Gil
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Gil wrote:
rca215 wrote:

I have had a great experience with a girl named Amanda at financial aid. If you need help in that field, send me a PM and I will send you her e-mail. She is really great.

Gil

Yes, Amanda and Debbie Kraus (who does McManus-related stuff) have been very helpful. I think all the others are just fake names on the website. I'm not sure they really exist. :-D

Your note on Amanda reminds me that I'm actually 2 for 5 in getting people to respond to inquiries.

(okay, I'm done ranting :lol: )
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: General
Schools:Kellogg
Send PM
I have found Amanda from financial aid to be super-helpful as well. In general, the staff seem to be slow responding to emails and I have found calling them to be the best way to get my questions answered.
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Send PM
rca215 wrote:
Your note on Amanda reminds me that I'm actually 2 for 5 in getting people to respond to inquiries.

C'mon let's put things in perspective: If you're successful 2 out of every 5 times at bat in baseball and you're a hall of famer!

:wink:
Director
Director
 Q46  V47
Send PM
Jerz wrote:
rca215 wrote:

C'mon let's put things in perspective: If you're successful 2 out of every 5 times at bat in baseball and you're a hall of famer!

:wink:

:lol: :lol:

Your post led me to Wikipedia. Did you know Babe Ruth had a .324 batting average? That's nuts for a slugger type.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  27   28   29   30   31   32   33  ...  59