Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 15:29 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 15:29

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q49  V41
Send PM
VP
VP
Own Kudos [?]: 254 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
Concentration: Health Enterprise Management, Marketing, Strategy, Finance, Analytical Consulting, Economics
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2011
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 222 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy, MC
Schools:Kellogg '11
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Venture Capital
Send PM
Re: Admitted to Kellogg Class of 2011 Thread [#permalink]
Just got an email saying:

We have released all KWEST trip assignments. If you registered but did not receive an email with your assignment please contact us at kwest@kellogg.northwestern.edu.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
Thanks guys. They had sent it to the other email account and not the new one. I'm pumped, got my first choice!!
Current Student
Send PM
Anybody going to be around Evanston/Chicago for the 4th of July weekend? I'll be there and am hoping to get together w/ some other Kelloggers.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi Guys,

At Kellogg Welcome page it states for the Core Course Selection and Waiver Requests
"Information on courses and waivers will be provided later" (deadline 7/1/2009) Does anybody have any info&idea about the process? Almost 2 weeks left for this and only information I could find was course specific waiver explanations at department specific pages.(I could find explanations for five core courses only)

My second question is for waitlisted folks at McManus: Did you hear anything from the school about the process or your waitlist situation? Deadline for deposit payment was 8th of June and I am wondering if they e-mailed any waitlisted candidates about his/her chance for the McManus.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 155 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: Finance
 Q48  V39
Send PM
cateye wrote:
Hi Guys,

At Kellogg Welcome page it states for the Core Course Selection and Waiver Requests
"Information on courses and waivers will be provided later" (deadline 7/1/2009) Does anybody have any info&idea about the process? Almost 2 weeks left for this and only information I could find was course specific waiver explanations at department specific pages.(I could find explanations for five core courses only)

My second question is for waitlisted folks at McManus: Did you hear anything from the school about the process or your waitlist situation? Deadline for deposit payment was 8th of June and I am wondering if they e-mailed any waitlisted candidates about his/her chance for the McManus.

Thanks in advance for your time and responses.

There was a post on the admitted student discussion board that the deadline was going to be pushed back because the information was not up yet. That's all I've heard.
Current Student
Send PM
FYI for folks moving to McManus: apparently they're trying to find a way to allow folks going on KWEST to move in a few days earlier than currently planned. They aren't sure yet when that will be or when they'll know, but they're trying :)
Current Student
Send PM
I was literally picking up the phone to call Kellogg about the status of core course selection & waiver requests when I noticed that the deadline has been pushed back from July 1 to July 13 on the to do list. They must have just done this, and hopefully they'll release details soon.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
Internationals who come to the optional preterm orientation for them get to move into McManus early...I know people who did it last year and had a great time. Learn about american culture, slang, and stuff like that.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Marketing, Strategy, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Ross, Chicago Booth
Send PM
OhThatMBA wrote:
I was literally picking up the phone to call Kellogg about the status of core course selection & waiver requests when I noticed that the deadline has been pushed back from July 1 to July 13 on the to do list. They must have just done this, and hopefully they'll release details soon.

Is the course registration for the first term open to us already? If so how do we register? I remember someone telling me that we don't need to do any bidding or use any points for courses in the first quarter. Also if we don't send in a waiver for a core class are we automatically registered for that class?
Current Student
Send PM
CIM details are now online. https://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/si ... e/CIM.aspx

Whoever did the graphic for "CIM City in The Second City 2009" is awesome.

The schedule looks fun & action packed. Is Second City (the improv group) really performing at Kellogg during orientation? Whoa, cool.
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
shayne wrote:
OhThatMBA wrote:

Is the course registration for the first term open to us already? If so how do we register? I remember someone telling me that we don't need to do any bidding or use any points for courses in the first quarter. Also if we don't send in a waiver for a core class are we automatically registered for that class?

You can go online and check out the course information for the year if you really want. Its on the serial (current student website) under academics.

You don't bid for classes the first quarter. If you waive out of core classes, you'll be able to add classes during the add/drop period.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Steel wrote:
You don't bid for classes the first quarter. If you waive out of core classes, you'll be able to add classes during the add/drop period.

And the add/drop period will be during CIM?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 54 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
 Q49  V44
Send PM
Why is the CIM schedule only for a week. Don't we have CIM for 3 weeks or am I missing something? :?
Current Student
 Q49  V41
Send PM
yellowjacket wrote:
Why is the CIM schedule only for a week. Don't we have CIM for 3 weeks or am I missing something? :?

The main part of CIM is 1 week (Most of the activities). MORS takes over during the 2nd week, with a few orientation activities sprinkled in. The last week is pretty much only MORS.
Current Student
Send PM
Steel wrote:
yellowjacket wrote:

The main part of CIM is 1 week (Most of the activities). MORS takes over during the 2nd week, with a few orientation activities sprinkled in. The last week is pretty much only MORS.

Are weeks 2 and 3 as busy as week 1?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
What are you guys doing for health insurance (as in, those with significant others)? I did some independent research and found Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois to be the best value. The Blue Select plan with a $500 deductible and a drug plan is about $325/month for me and my wife. Compared to about $540/month on the NU plan for both of us.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
hd54321 wrote:
What are you guys doing for health insurance (as in, those with significant others)? I did some independent research and found Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Illinois to be the best value. The Blue Select plan with a $500 deductible and a drug plan is about $325/month for me and my wife. Compared to about $540/month on the NU plan for both of us.

Ideally your wife will work and you get covered under her policy. You can get insurance for your wife through the school too but I dont know how expensive it is and how good it is. My wife works so I am on her health insurance and its definitely a big saver. We were actually without insurance between the ending of coverage from our jobs and start of hers. With cobra you can retroactively sign up and pay in full...basically if you get a serious illness or accident otherwise its probably cheaper to pay out of pocket for a Dr. visit and a few Rx's.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  45   46   47   48   49   50   51  ...  59