GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 25 Sep 2018, 10:35

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 05 Oct 2017, 02:05
Hi guys!

I am interested in two full time MBA programs and I am wondering whether my profile is strong enough to get admitted.

Here is my profile:

-European citizen, 26
-Work experience: 32 months for one of the biggest insurance companies worldwide. I am going to apply next year so 42 months of full time work experience when school would start.
-I work in a special strategic department at the headquarter and report directly to the board of directors. Furthermore, I work closely with upper management, like Senior Managers and Head of departments. I specialized in strategic projects for the whole group and sometimes work closely with MBB. I would say that my role in the projects is an equivalent role as of a strategic consultant... a lot of project management, organizing, talking to representatives, presenting the findings etc. I would say that this department is the most competitive in the whole group.
-Got the fastest promotion in history of the department (will be stated in the recommendation letter). After a few negotiations I will probably get two decent recommendation letter from upper management :)
-I also have a leading role in the family business of my parents (nothing special), but I got a lot of responsibility in early years
-GMAT: 730
-Undergrad: 3.6, International Business - exchange semester at one of the ,plan B schools' below
-Once a week I work for a few hours at a orphanage. I used to be the captain and organizing member of the local soccer club and a board member of the youth advisory board in my hometown.

So, would you say I am good enough for Yale SOM (I could imagine to start a NPO) and Wharton (they have great insurance classes)
Those two are my dream schools.

My plan B schools: UT Austin, Kellog, Ross, Fuqua, Stern... yep an HBS

I am aware that all of the stated universities are super competitive. But why not reaching for the stars ;)

Cheers and thanks in advance!

Originally posted by gmatrookie24 on 03 Oct 2017, 08:58.
Last edited by gmatrookie24 on 05 Oct 2017, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G
Re: Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Oct 2017, 18:01
Thanks for sharing your profile. I think you have the right kind of profile for your dream schools so I would say you are competitive given your good GPA and GMAT and strong work experience. Seems you might be a little light in the ECs department but that's the only obvious problem area I see

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

VP
VP
P
Affiliations: MBA Prep Coach
Farrell D Hehn: MBA
Re: Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 16 Oct 2017, 05:44
I like your profile a lot, very competitive for both schools. However over the coming year focus on finding a community leadership position were you could get promoted to the board. If the orphanage, great, of not, somewhere else.

Would be idea for it to appear organic ie connect to other data points from your past. Why did you quit the board and the football captain thing? I just feel that if you show leadership impact and progression in a nonprofit setting it will be good for Wharton, where all clubs are student led, and Yale, given their passion for nonprofits in general.

Encourage you to get in touch with me at the beginning of the year!
Best,
Farrell

Farrell Dyan
http://MBAPrepCoach.com
"You don't often come across people so perceptive and empathetic." - EM, NYC

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton? &nbs [#permalink] 16 Oct 2017, 05:44

Am I good enough for Yale and Wharton?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap