I'm an absolute newbie to this forum and am amazed at the depth of information provided throughout this website - a big pat on the back to everyone!
Like everyone else...I wonder if you can help me out. I'm an Australian Indian (born in India, brought up in Sydney
), 22 female. I am a little concerned about my age as an applicant but here is my background nonetheless.
- BSc Information Systems (most courses in Australia are 3 years) from University of New South Wales (UNSW). I was offered scholarships for computer engineering at both UNSW and UTS (another great university), however turned it down due to my focus on pursuing my career in an integration of Business with Technology.
- Worked 2 part-time jobs throughout the first two years of my degree (worked in retail as well as in admin for an Indian publicly listed company). In final year of uni (2003) I was offered a full-time job at Toshiba Australia in Business Process Re-engineering. I juggled full time uni with full time work and graduated on time in Nov 2003.
- After 14months in Toshiba, I moved onto Accenture as I felt my career progress in Toshiba was rather limited. At Accenture, I have worked on business proposals, lead the System Integration Test team, and assigned Change Management roles where I deal face to face with clients.
- Extra Activities: Part of a non-profit organisation where we raise funds for not only sick children in Australia, however donate 50% to a charity in India. Other charities: Cancer Council, Heart Foundation and Clean Up Australia. I've been involed in cricket and softball competitively till 2 years ago, due to work commitments and focusing more on charity work. I participate in Dance and Singing performances.
- I speak, read and write in Hindi fluently and have completed Stage I of Mandarin. I learnt Indonesian for 4 years during senior highschool and early university years.
I have yet to take my GMAT however my university score (we dont have GPAs here) is High Credit (71%). My letters of recommendation are being written my a Senior Manager and a Partner from my projects.
My numero uno choice for B-Schools is Kellogg, followed by Duke, NYU, Wharton and CBS.
How do you think my chances are?!??!! How many schools do you recommend that one should apply to?
Your feedback is greatly appreciated and sorry about the essay!!!