GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 23 Oct 2018, 13:28

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd?

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 00:48
Dear Experts,

I am facing an uncommon situation here and need your suggestions on how to go about it. First, a quick highlight of my profile. I am an Indian (26yrs) with following professional and academic credentials:

GMAT: Q49 (77%), V35(76%), IR5(55%)
WE: ~6 years (entirely in Risk & Management Consulting primarily for global Telecom and E-commerce clients)
Employers: KPMG India (current, 4 yrs), KPMG China and Protiviti India (2 yrs)
International experience: South Africa (currently based out of Joburg since a year), China, HK, Nigeria, Gabon, India and Bangladesh
Undergrad: B.Tech (80.69% - top 5%)
Others: Rating - 1 (Exceptional) all through my career

I have already applied to INSEAD in its R1 for Jan'19 intake. Given my multifaceted experience, my essays have come out well. However, the IR score of 5 is making me uncomfortable about my chances of making to an interview stage.

Can somebody suggest me whether a GMAT retake (solely to up the IR score or perhaps, overall GMAT) is recommended at this juncture?

Even if I decide re-take GMAT, it will still happen in next 10-15 days.

A quick suggestion from experts will be highly appreciated!!

Best,
Jasdeep
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
GPA: 3.87
Re: Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 01:33
jasd2804 wrote:
Dear Experts,

I am facing an uncommon situation here and need your suggestions on how to go about it. First, a quick highlight of my profile. I am an Indian (26yrs) with following professional and academic credentials:

WE: ~6 years (entirely in Risk & Management Consulting primarily for global Telecom and E-commerce clients)
International experience: South Africa (currently based out of Joburg since a year), China, HK, Nigeria, Gabon, India and Bangladesh

I have already applied to INSEAD in its R1 for Jan'19 intake. Given my multifaceted experience, my essays have come out well. However, the IR score of 5 is making me uncomfortable about my chances of making to an interview stage.

Can somebody suggest me whether a GMAT retake (solely to up the IR score or perhaps, overall GMAT) is recommended at this juncture?

Best,
Jasdeep

Hi Jasdeep

This is a tricky one. If you had more time then I would have recommended you giving the GMAT again especially since nowadays you can always cancel the score after checking how much you got (this wasn't the case before). But given that the interview results are poised to come out in the week of Apr 20th and 15 days from now means you are already in the 2nd week of April when you will give your GMAT, its anyone's guess if your GMAT update will reach them in time. You can still give it a shot though given that there's nothing to lose (well, except for the money) and email your AO once you're done with the exam.

I just graduated from INSEAD (in Dec 2017) and I certainly do know other Indians from my batch who had a similar GMAT score as yours. So the situation is not entirely impossible even with the current score. But if I were you I would jsut give it another shot anyways just because there's nothing to lose and especially if you've been scoring higher on your practice tests.

If you do need any other help check out the Admissions Consulting company I started as a part time gig to pay it forward to future MBA aspirants like you - Easy MBA Admit.

You will consult with recent alums from your target school (like INSEAD) without paying a bomb that you will otherwise pay for other MBA Admission Consultants (all our services are around $100) because we started this service out of goodwill and a desire of paying it forward rather than making profits. Also proud to say that we have a 100% success record so far :)

Do reach out if you have any further questions

Cheers
Abhinay

easymbaadmit@gmail.com
https://www.easymbaadmit.com

-
- Abhinay (INSEAD MBA Class of 2017 Dec)

I was in your shoes a couple of years ago when I needed MBA Admissions Consulting services and guidance from current students and alumni but always faced the problem of either the admissions consultants being too expensive to afford or not knowing the right student/alumnus from my target school who can guide me. I graduated recently in Dec 2017 from INSEAD and realized that this needs to change and democratizing the consulting process makes much more sense. This is why I have started Easy MBA Admit - An Admissions Consulting service for the people, by the people. Why should you be interested? Here's why:

1. The most affordable admissions consulting service with services starting at $100 (mostly to cover operational expenses) - because we believe more in paying it forward and helping future MBA aspirants rather than making huge profits.

2. All services offered by recent alumni/current students from top B Schools like INSEAD, LBS, CBS, Kellogg, Stern, IESE, Wharton, etc. motivated by goodwill and who were in your shoes not too long ago and hence know how best to position your application.

3. Proud to say that so far we have had a 100% success record at placing aspirants in their target schools. Examples include INSEAD, LBS, IESE, HEC Paris, CBS, Wharton, Kellogg, Stern, NUS, NTU and more

4. Get your Free Intro Call (https://www.easymbaadmit.com/services-1/free-intro-call) with no obligations attached. If you do book any of our services we have a money back guarantee in case you don't like the service.

Website - https://www.easymbaadmit.com
Email - easymbaadmit@gmail.com

Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V35
GPA: 3.4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd?  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Mar 2018, 12:29
EasyMBAAdmit wrote:
jasd2804 wrote:
Dear Experts,

Best,
Jasdeep

Hi Jasdeep

This is a tricky one. If you had more time then I would have recommended you giving the GMAT again especially since nowadays you can always cancel the score after checking how much you got (this wasn't the case before). But given that the interview results are poised to come out in the week of Apr 20th and 15 days from now means you are already in the 2nd week of April when you will give your GMAT, its anyone's guess if your GMAT update will reach them in time. You can still give it a shot though given that there's nothing to lose (well, except for the money) and email your AO once you're done with the exam.

I just graduated from INSEAD (in Dec 2017) and I certainly do know other Indians from my batch who had a similar GMAT score as yours. So the situation is not entirely impossible even with the current score. But if I were you I would jsut give it another shot anyways just because there's nothing to lose and especially if you've been scoring higher on your practice tests.

If you do need any other help check out the Admissions Consulting company I started as a part time gig to pay it forward to future MBA aspirants like you - Easy MBA Admit.

You will consult with recent alums from your target school (like INSEAD) without paying a bomb that you will otherwise pay for other MBA Admission Consultants (all our services are around $100) because we started this service out of goodwill and a desire of paying it forward rather than making profits. Also proud to say that we have a 100% success record so far :)

Do reach out if you have any further questions

Cheers
Abhinay

easymbaadmit@gmail.com
https://www.easymbaadmit.com

Thanks a lot Abhinav for the quick response. I am absolutely with you on this that there's nothing to lose, should I decide to give a re-take. Also, wish you all the best for your new endeavor and will definitely get in touch in case i need any further assistance.

Best,
Jasdeep
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd? &nbs [#permalink] 22 Mar 2018, 12:29

Applied to INSEAD R1 Jan19 Intake | GMAT 700, IR:5 |GMAT retake reqd?

new topic post reply Update application status  

Copyright

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap