[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 37: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/check_new_recommended_questions.php on line 41: Undefined array key "last_recommended_questions_epoch"
ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights : The B-School Applications
Last visit was: 20 Jul 2024, 03:24 It is currently 20 Jul 2024, 03:24
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
GRE Forum Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 36659 [0]
Given Kudos: 5830
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
MBA Admissions Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 1129 [0]
Given Kudos: 1770
GPA: 4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 104
Concentration: Leadership, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT Focus 1:
655 Q84 V81 DI82
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
I have about 6 years experience with nonprofits and government departments in India. Given my lack of experience in a traditional business setup, how do I prove my motivations for a business education?
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Re: ARINGO MBA Adm. Consulting Q&A Session: Unlock Top-Ranked MBA Insights [#permalink]
Expert Reply
Welcome Everyone! To the live chat

Question ....... What is the different between top 20 US BS and world top 20 in terms of ROI and career advancement.?
Send PM
Expert Reply
an1995 wrote:
I have about 6 years experience with nonprofits and government departments in India. Given my lack of experience in a traditional business setup, how do I prove my motivations for a business education?

Many successful candidates come from nonprofit/government sector - you will need to share what your short and long term goals are and how it relates to your past experience and highlight transferable skills.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
655 Q84 V81 DI82
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Many successful candidates come from nonprofit/government sector - you will need to share what your short and long term goals are and how it relates to your past experience and highlight transferable skills.

Will I have an edge if I target joint degree programs? MPP/MPA + MBA
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sajjad1994 wrote:
Question ....... What is the different between top 20 US BS and world top 20 in terms of ROI and career advancement.?

It’s not exactly the difference in the list - its the difference in each specific program.
US schools are typically 2 years, with internship and salary 175-200K USD; UK/EU/Asian schools are typical 1-1.5 years and salary closer to 125EUR - time out of work force and internship can/should be a factor in calculating ROI and career advancement

an1995 wrote:
Will I have an edge if I target joint degree programs? MPP/MPA + MBA

Yes, if that is the direction you want to go with your career - don’t apply to those programs if it isn’t your goal, as you can get in without the dual degree option ---- hope this makes sense
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I don’t have an accademic background with elite universities and currently I am working as Supply Chain Consultant for a major international enterprise. My question is: Would be realistic to targert top MBA such as Stanford GSB or Harvard?
Send PM
Expert Reply
HipsterZilla wrote:
I don’t have an accademic background with elite universities and currently I am working as Supply Chain Consultant for a major international enterprise. My question is: Would be realistic to targert top MBA such as Stanford GSB or Harvard?

If it is a good fit with your career goals and your profile is similar/aligned with the typical class profile, you should go for it.
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
655 Q84 V81 DI82
Send PM
what are the top B schools with a focus on social impact, both in EU and US?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 6
Send PM
Wharton is one among them
Send PM
Expert Reply
an1995 wrote:
what are the top B schools with a focus on social impact, both in EU and US?

Yale, Stanford, Haas, Duke, CBS, HBS, Booth, IESE, ESMT, Oxford, Cornell, Warwick

Almost all programs have some sort of specialization related to Social Impact, but these are the ones ranked by Financial Times and US News

Did anyone attend the MBA Spotlight Event - get to speak with any adcoms on your list?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Schools: HEC IIMA
GMAT Focus 1:
615 Q82 V79 DI86
GPA: 6.9/10
Send PM
can you suggest which is a better fit for MBA among england(imd) france (escp,essec),spain(esade), switzerland(IMD),germany in terms of post study value , roi and stay options /easy relocation , considering finance as post mba sector
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 20 minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Intern
Intern
GMAT Focus 1:
655 Q84 V81 DI82
Send PM
ARINGO wrote:
Yale, Stanford, Haas, Duke, CBS, HBS, Booth, IESE, ESMT, Oxford, Cornell, Warwick

thank you. i did speak the ad com at Yale and Stanford. have subscribed to their mailing lists and started attending their events
Send PM
Expert Reply
Sachdeep wrote:
can you suggest which is a better fit for MBA among england(imd) france (escp,essec),spain(esade), switzerland(IMD),germany in terms of post study value , roi and stay options /easy relocation , considering finance as post mba sector

There are a lot of other details that can go into this, but on a surface level, LBS/Oxford/UK schools are better for finance as London is financial hub and post alum are employed there. Visa information is changing, but still can be favorable. Depending on where you want to live/work post-grad, picking a school in that country is typically the best ROI.
GRE Forum Moderator
Send PM
Expert Reply
Everyone, we have around 10 minutes left in this chat session. Ask your questions quickly
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
I have tot of 4 years experience with 2 years out of the 4 from Deloitte. I am currently a CFA level 3 candidate. With experience in Investment banking, and Financial advisory. Is it advisable I apply to the top schools like Havard, Stanford and wharton?
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2