GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 01 Jun 2020, 09:01

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Ask ARINGO Consultants- INSEAD Profile Reviews

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Admissions Consultant
P
Reviews Badge
Ask ARINGO Consultants- INSEAD Profile Reviews  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 12:09
At ARINGO we believe that all GMATClub members should be entitled to profile evaluations by highly trained professionals. So go ahead, send us your profiles.

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V37
Re: Ask ARINGO Consultants- INSEAD Profile Reviews  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2020, 20:19
Hi, thanks for doing this, please have a look at my profile.

Indian
Gmat 700(q49, v37)
Engineering : 64%(bottom quartile) mba :61% (bottom quartile) but a top 5 b school in India.
Work ex : 8 years, 3 years in IT, 5 in Healthcare as a manager. Currently manage a business of about 12 mill usd with p and l responsibilities(fortune 150, top recruiter in insead)
My org will sponsor my MBA and take me back in EU region
Work : many awards and recognitions.
Extra curr : own a backpackers hostel, long distance running, work with under privileged children(education)
International exposure : I have travelled to more than 15 countries in eu Americas for work.cureently in Glasgow working on an international product launch.
I applied in R3 for Sept 2020 and got dinged without interview.

I believe my gmat wasn't strong. Should I reapply with a 740 plus? I have added responsibilities now and a major international project.

Please suggest, thanks for your time.

Posted from my mobile device
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 05:36
weightedaverage wrote:
Hi, thanks for doing this, please have a look at my profile.

Indian
Gmat 700(q49, v37)
Engineering : 64%(bottom quartile) mba :61% (bottom quartile) but a top 5 b school in India.
Work ex : 8 years, 3 years in IT, 5 in Healthcare as a manager. Currently manage a business of about 12 mill usd with p and l responsibilities(fortune 150, top recruiter in insead)
My org will sponsor my MBA and take me back in EU region
Work : many awards and recognitions.
Extra curr : own a backpackers hostel, long distance running, work with under privileged children(education)
International exposure : I have travelled to more than 15 countries in eu Americas for work.cureently in Glasgow working on an international product launch.
I applied in R3 for Sept 2020 and got dinged without interview.

I believe my gmat wasn't strong. Should I reapply with a 740 plus? I have added responsibilities now and a major international project.

Please suggest, thanks for your time.

Posted from my mobile device

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Which programs are you interested in applying to?

We have helped many of our clients receive admission to top business schools with GMAT scores lower than 700. You might be interested in trying out our free MBA chances estimation calculator or reaching out to us on our website for a free consultation.

Georgia

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 27 Feb 2020, 20:51
Hi Aringo Team!
First of all I’d like to thank you for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Jan-2021 intake, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Jan2021, I will have 41 months of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 8 months now (will be close to 15 months by the time of joining) - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 10 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivilideged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech (hence the Jan intake, so as to secure a summer internship).

Questions:
My work experience is on the lower side, is that going to be a big concern for me?
Is my GMAT score enough to get into INSEAD? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?
I have experience interacting with international nationalities, but not travelled to those places. Will that be a big issue?
P
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 10 Mar 2020, 11:01
rachitkansal wrote:
Hi Aringo Team!
First of all I’d like to thank you for taking the time to read through and respond to my profile.
I’m planning to apply for the Jan-2021 intake, and appreciate your insights for my profile.

Background:
Nationality: Indian, Male, 25 years old
GMAT: 730 (Q50, V38, IR7, AWA5.5)
TOEFL: 114 (R30, L30, S28, W26)

Education:
B.E in Computer Science from BITS Pilani (non IIT - top university in India), GPA: 9.55/10 (Top-5 of my batch of 650+)

Professional Experience:
1. By the time of Joining i.e Jan2021, I will have 41 months of experience in a US based cloud company (Nutanix).
2. Moved into a new role of Product Management - which contributes to half of my total experience.
3. Technology consulting for IRENA on the side for about 8 months now (will be close to 15 months by the time of joining) - on sustainable energy technologies

International Exposure:
1. Worked for Empa (Swiss Lab) - on a 3 month internship with 3 professors. [REMOTE]
2. Travelled to Bay Area (my company HQ) for projects.
3. Handle customer requests and discussions in the EMEA/Americas/India regions. [REMOTE]
4. Have been working for IRENA (international renewable energy agency) - collaborating with researchers, technologists, etc. from over 10 nationalities [REMOTE]

Achievements:
1. One of the few employees to get a quick promotion in 1 year.
2. youngest PM in the entire company of 5000+ people.
3. Undergraduate merit scholar (for all semesters of study).

Co-Curriculars:
1. Started an NGO chapter in Bangalore - formed and led a team of 5 - deals with financial education for the underprivilideged (> 1.5 year)
- conducted camps, collaborated with other NGOs to increase our reach to over 1000+ people, 1 case study of helping a group of people
2. Volunteered for another NPO remotely - creating a platform called “sing for needs” - product owner leading a team of 8 to deliver the solution (~ 1 year)
3. Worked as a mentor to a undergraduate startup (~ 1 year)
- helped scale their business to 50+ clients in 6 months (from 10)
- helped the team to get incubated at Atal Incubation Centre

Post MBA goals:
Goal-1: I would like to work in technology in a general management or a product management role for a tech company like Microsoft, Google, Amazon, Tesla, Apple, etc.
Goal-2 (Backup): I want to try management consulting for a while before moving to tech (hence the Jan intake, so as to secure a summer internship).

Questions:
My work experience is on the lower side, is that going to be a big concern for me?
Is my GMAT score enough to get into INSEAD? Since Indians generally tend to have higher scores?
I have experience interacting with international nationalities, but not travelled to those places. Will that be a big issue?

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, sorry for the belated response.

1. Short work experience can be overcome with stories about the extracurricular work, especially the NGO you founded and the startup you mentored. You can emphasize managerial experiences in these settings.
2. GMAT - there is no hard answer for this - they can be flexible on GMAT if you have an inspiring and believable career trajectory. Advancing in your career is, of course, an objective of all MBAs, but it's not compelling enough to be admitted to a top school. Focus on your future, leadership experiences thus far, and what you can bring to the table.
3. If the work was in real-time at some point (phone or video calls), then these are international experiences. It's also perfectly ok to want an MBA to gain more international experience!

Don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any additional help,

Georgia

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Ask ARINGO Consultants- INSEAD Profile Reviews   [#permalink] 10 Mar 2020, 11:01

Ask ARINGO Consultants- INSEAD Profile Reviews

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Hideto, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach