It is currently 18 Oct 2017, 04:56

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Official Business School Representative

Kudos [?]: 40 [0], given: 0

Re: Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Jul 2014, 01:55
@jay466

Yes, you can apply but if we were to interview you and subsequently make you an offer, you will be required to undertake a language assessment with our language centre based on your current IELTS score

Conrad

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2014, 10:13
Hi Conrad,

I am Nguyen, a Vietnamese native, and I intend to apply to the MBA programme at Cambridge in either Round 1 or 2 for September 15 intake. I got my Bachelor of Business Administration degree (3-year course without honors) from a top university in Singapore. However my overall CAP (3.9/5.0) is pretty low compared to your minimum requirement because I did not perform well in my initial major (computer science) in my first year. My current GMAT is 690 and I plan to retake it this month. I also plan to travel to one of the admission events of Cambridge MBA to talk to you more about my case.

My question is: with a better GMAT, would my application be considered ? I have 3 years of work experience with many good projects that I would like to convey through the essays.

Thank you very much for your kind advice.
Nguyen

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 2

Show Tags

New post 03 Aug 2014, 19:40
Hi Conrad ,

I am a re-applicant to Cambridge MBA program this year(Sept 2015). So do i have to fill in the essays that i filled last year, because the essays are the same this year as well.? Also do i have to reapply through my email id which i used last year, because on the application site, it is showing my previous decision on my application for 2014, which was a ding!!. Please help..

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2014, 02:45
@Wouldbecrazy2014 You will have to use a new email address to obtain a new email ID. Sorry about this but we have limited wiggle room on application system issues as we use a third-party provider.

For your info, we have removed one of the essays from last year.

Conrad

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2014, 02:48
@boysq3x

Given your low GPA, you will need a GMAT score that is significantly higher than our average of 680 to have a strong application. For your info, we have 1-1 sessions in Singapore in September in case you are unable to attend any of our on-campus events.

You can register for our events here
http://www.jbs.cam.ac.uk/programmes/mba/apply/meet-us/

Conrad

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2014, 03:04
CambridgeMBA wrote:
@boysq3x

Given your low GPA, you will need a GMAT score that is significantly higher than our average of 680 to have a strong application. For your info, we have 1-1 sessions in Singapore in September in case you are unable to attend any of our on-campus events.

Conrad

Hi Conrad,

Thanks so much for your reply. Would 720 - 730 a good range for me to aim for?

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2014, 03:06
@boysq3x

We don't have a set formula for what level of GMAT score would balance out a low GPA but a score in the region that you indicated would allay most concerns that we would have about academic ability.

Conrad

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Schools: Cambridge'16
Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Aug 2014, 14:53
Hi JBS

I am applying to JBS full-time MBA'2015. I've done enough research on the programme and I believe this is the right one for me. My only question is: Is there any minute chance that an enrolled student can continue working in their present job (one day a week) or take up limited part-time work to support himself financially for at least some months?

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

GPA: 3.94

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2014, 05:10
Hello conrad

For a required reference from supervisor, I'm wondering if he could be my mentor. I work as a consultant in multi teams and it's hard to find a specific supervisor who can say about my performance in all aspects and all projects. Although I never have a chance to work with him, he knows me very well since he needs to summarise all feedbacks I receive from various supervisors and present it in the round table.

Thanks a million

Kudos [?]: 5 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2014, 01:36
@jay466

Yes, in your situation, your mentor is fine.

Conrad

Intern
Intern

Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2014, 06:34
CambridgeMBA wrote:
@Wouldbecrazy2014 You will have to use a new email address to obtain a new email ID. Sorry about this but we have limited wiggle room on application system issues as we use a third-party provider.

For your info, we have removed one of the essays from last year.

Conrad

Thanks Conrad for the updates. I had one more question. Do i have to fill in all the essays for this year admission cycle. Reason I'm asking is , in U.S schools, usually there is only the re-applicant essay one needs to fill. Would it affect my application if this year i fill in the answers for the essays that i submitted last year? I assume Cambridge will have my previous application stored in the database, so i hope i won't diminish the possibility of getting into Cambridge MBA, just because my response to essays would be same this year as well. Please provide clarity if possible.Also what about the recommendations? Does the recommenders have to be different or only one recommendation this year. Sorry for asking so many questions..

Show Tags

New post 12 Aug 2014, 06:48
@Wouldbecrazy2014

You should redo the essays to show what progress you have made in the time between applications. It doesn't matter if you ask the same reference but again, he or she should emphasise some of your more recent work.

Conrad.

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 19 Sep 2014, 21:11
CambridgeMBA wrote:
@boysq3x

We don't have a set formula for what level of GMAT score would balance out a low GPA but a score in the region that you indicated would allay most concerns that we would have about academic ability.

Conrad

Hi Conrad,
It's a real pity that I missed the opportunity to get in touch with you in Singapore. Yet, I managed to increase my GMAT score to 730. I think I am ready to apply. Would you mind sharing with me how I could contact MBA students or alumni from Cambridge to get more information about the program? Have you admitted any students from Vietnam before?
Thank you,
Nguyen

1 KUDOS received

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 20 Sep 2014, 06:15
This post received
KUDOS
Yes we have had students from Vietnam before. At the moment, we don't facilitate connections between prospective candidates and alums/students because of the volume of such requests that we receive. However, we won't stop you if you try to connect with alums through Linkedin. If you use twitter, you can also tweet using the #CambridgeMBA hashtag to ask for views. Some of our students or alums on twitter will respond.

Kind regards

Conrad

Kudos [?]: 40 [1], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 2

GPA: 3.92
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 17 Oct 2014, 06:08
Dear Conrad,
I was wondering if you could share a more detailed list of companies (or more companies than currently listed on the website) that have taken Judge MBA students for summer internships. I'm especially interested in management/operations consulting firms that took on students for their summer internship program.

Kudos [?]: 20 [0], given: 2

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 07 Nov 2014, 09:18
Hi, I am from a European university and I am applying for the MPhil in Finance. The website states "Applicants are encouraged to take the GRE. Although this is not a formal requirement, for applicants from universities which may not be well known to members of the admissions committee, a strong GRE test result may well make a difference.". Additionally it states that "When a GRE score is submitted, a minimum score of 780 in the quantitative section is expected.".

Would it be helpful for an applicant from a school in Europe to submit a GRE, and what would be score that would be expected on the new GRE (so in the new score format)?. ETS has a table that shows that a score of 780 used to correspond to the 86th percentile, does this mean that any score in the 86th percentile or above would make the application stronger(compared to not submitting a score at all)?

Thank you in advance.

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 3 [0], given: 7

Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 11:50
Hello Conrad,

Thank you for your time on this forum. This has become a very useful resource.

I read over at the Cambridge 2016 thread that R2 interview invites were sent out today. Have you sent out all invitations? Or will there be further invites over the next few days?

In case you someone isn't shortlisted for interviews, do you inform them around the same time?

I ask because I've crossed my fingers for a long time now!

Regards

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 11:59
vypr999

We still have some more applications to read and hope to send out all decisions by the end of this week.

Conrad

Intern
Intern

Concentration: General Management, Organizational Behavior
GMAT 1: 640 Q44 V34
GMAT 2: 660 Q49 V31
WE: Project Management (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 11 Nov 2014, 12:02
Conrad,

Thank you for replying within 9 minutes of me putting forth my question :)

I will continue to watch my inbox closely all week then.

I think Judge's social media presence / approach is very different as compared to most other schools, and refreshingly so.

Regards

Show Tags

New post 13 Nov 2014, 18:21
banking01

sorry for the delay in replying. I don't handle the MPHil admissions so I had to ask around for the answer. This is what I have found out.

A GRE/GMAT score is not required for the MPhil in Finance, but is strongly recommended for students from outside Europe or the US, or from lesser known universities in Europe and the US. As it is not a requirement, it would not be a condition of offer - the test is used as a tool for comparison only. We do not ask for any specific score.
If you have further queries, please email mphil-phd-admissions@jbs.cam.ac.uk

Conrad

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 245 posts ] 

Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, BrushMyQuant, aerien

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap