It is currently 22 Feb 2018, 14:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge
Re: Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Mar 2015, 05:54
CambridgeMBA wrote:
Maxirosario2012

Yes, you can use it to write about something you have done that you feel especially proud about and that you want to share with the admissions committee. Best of luck.

Conrad

Dear Conrad,
thank you very much.
Kind regards,
Maximiliano

Encourage cooperation! If this post was very useful, kudos are welcome ;)
"It is our attitude at the beginning of a difficult task which, more than anything else, will affect It's successful outcome" William James

Current Student

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2015, 18:01
Hi Conrad,

I have a question with the recommendation letter. Because we are a small office . If I ask my supervisor (direct or indirect) to write the letter for me, they will know my plan to leave the firm for MBA, and it will hurt my job responsibilities with the company. So, can I have a client or a senior professional from another firm who I had worked on the same project with to write the letter for me?

Thank you!
Official Business School Representative

Show Tags

New post 25 Aug 2015, 18:03
txxmary

Yes that is totally fine. Just specify in the optional section where we ask for any other information that you have not asked your current supervisor for precisely those reasons.
Current Student

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2015, 07:53
CambridgeMBA wrote:
txxmary

Yes that is totally fine. Just specify in the optional section where we ask for any other information that you have not asked your current supervisor for precisely those reasons.

Thank you Conrad! Your answer is really helpful!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 28 Aug 2015, 00:01
Hi Conrad

I have read on your website that a total score above 630 is competitive. Would a score of 670(Q43,V39) supplement my 3.2 GPA?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, General Management
GMAT 1: 680 Q48 V34
WE: General Management (Transportation)

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 00:04
Hi,
Do you have any restriction with respect to max age for admitting students? I was working as a Captain on Merchant Ships, and now I'm planning to do a MBA for shifting to a different profession. I'll be 39 years old in the year 2017 when I am planning to start my MBA.

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 00:13
MKSINGH124 We don't have a maximum age for applicants. In the past, we have had students who were older than you when they started the course. The key thing is for you to articulate what you hope to achieve with an MBA, given that you have already accumulated considerable work experience.

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 13 Apr 2016, 13:52
Hi Conrad,

Are campus interviews with major consulting firms exclusive (invite only)? Does that mean GMAT plays a huge part in who gets the interview or who doesn't?

Regards

Muhammad

Show Tags

New post 14 Apr 2016, 23:25
mjt

Admission to consulting firms is competitive. some firms will look at your GMAT but a high GMAT by itself would not guarantee an offer. The quality of your work experience, you critical thinking, personal impact and your personal/professional accomplishments would matter more.

Conrad
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 18 Apr 2016, 19:36
CambridgeMBA wrote:
mjt

Admission to consulting firms is competitive. some firms will look at your GMAT but a high GMAT by itself would not guarantee an offer. The quality of your work experience, you critical thinking, personal impact and your personal/professional accomplishments would matter more.

Conrad

Hi Conrad, Many thanks for your reply. I have read at quite a few threads on this forums that it is incredibly to get an interview invite with a score of less than 700 (or may be 730 in some cases) at top consulting firms such as Bain, Mckinsey and BCG.

Is that the case in your experience at Judge?

Regards
M

Show Tags

New post 20 Apr 2016, 01:47
mjt

I don't know if the firms you mentioned explicitly state their minimum GMATs but it is true that the vast majority of people they eventually recruit have GMATs higher than 700. This is not to say that a 700 plus GMAT is sufficient but it is the case that they are looking for people with strong analytical skills who can work under time pressure and this type of profile would be expected to flourish in GMAT. Moreover, this type of profile loves the challenge of solving tough mental problems under time pressure, which again explains why they do well on the GMAT. If you are not that type of profile, you would find the GMAT a chore, and the consulting environment would not be right for you.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 21 Apr 2016, 01:50
CambridgeMBA wrote:
mjt

I don't know if the firms you mentioned explicitly state their minimum GMATs but it is true that the vast majority of people they eventually recruit have GMATs higher than 700. This is not to say that a 700 plus GMAT is sufficient but it is the case that they are looking for people with strong analytical skills who can work under time pressure and this type of profile would be expected to flourish in GMAT. Moreover, this type of profile loves the challenge of solving tough mental problems under time pressure, which again explains why they do well on the GMAT. If you are not that type of profile, you would find the GMAT a chore, and the consulting environment would not be right for you.

Thanks for your help Conrad.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General Management, International Business
GPA: 3.65
Premium Member

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2016, 03:46
Hello Conrad,

Is it too early to ask about the effect of "Brexit" on admission/placements of Judge Business School ?

It "seems" that lot of companies might plan to move out of London if UK doesn't get access to single market and UK doesn't agree to freedom of movement within EU .

Are you people bracing yourself for some change in the number of applicants and post MBA placements situations etc ?

Regards,
A

Show Tags

New post 04 Jul 2016, 06:50
thapliya

Thanks for the question. It is too early to say what the impact, whether positive or negative, is for the applications/placements for the Cambridge MBA. At this point, we are seeing a much higher number of candidates who have accepted MBA 2016 offers and paid their reservation fees than at the same time in previous years. We have also seen a higher percentage of MBA2015s who have accepted job offers than at the same time in previous years.

While it is difficult to say what the impact will be, the Cambridge MBA prepares our students for global careers and we are confident that by building on that foundation, the Cambridge MBA will continue to attract top candidates who can, with lots of hard work, secure top careers.

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Schools: Judge"18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2016, 21:45
Hi

The admission portals "Work Experience" page says "Please indicate the total number of years of full-time post-graduation work experience you will have completed by the Programme start date" Please clarify whether work experience after graduation (Bachelors degree) or after post-graduation (Masters degree) is to be entered....

Regards
1 KUDOS received

Show Tags

New post 31 Aug 2016, 02:19
This post received
KUDOS
Corporate. The number of years of work experience is measured from your time of Bachelors graduation till the time you would start the MBA

Conrad
Intern
Intern
Schools: Judge"18 (S)

Show Tags

New post 01 Sep 2016, 07:40
The number of years of work experience is measured from your time of Bachelors graduation till the time you would start the MBA

Conrad

Thank You Conrad
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 700 Q45 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V38
GPA: 3
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2016, 08:31
Hi Conrad,

I have a few professional qualifications and over 7 years of work experience in senior management, but I have no undergraduate degree. My GMAT is 700, but that was with a week's preparation and I'm trying again in mid-December (this time with more focused studying). Given my lack of a degree, will the strengths of the other components of my application be able to render my candidacy as competitive as any other?

Thanks and best,
Karan
Intern
Intern
Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2016, 06:19
Hi Conrad,

I'm mulling an application to the Judge program, and like to ask if the program has its 3.3 gpa as a hard benchmark. I've got a 2.98/4.0 from an American-style university, but have a 710 GMAT, as well as 3y work experience in the public accounting/investment banking industry . Does my low gpa severely disadvantage me? Should I refrain from applying?

Show Tags

New post 15 Dec 2016, 05:06
flakeychua

You can still apply but you should make some mention in your application about the reasons behind the low GPA. If you are invited for interview, you will have to perform above avareage at the interview stage as well.

Hope that helps.

Conrad

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13    Next  [ 245 posts ] 

Ask Cambridge (Judge) Admissions

new topic post reply Update application status  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap