Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:49 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:49

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [0]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 17
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Re: Ask Me Anything chat session with MBAGuide, INSEAD alum and ISB admit [#permalink]
Expert Reply
ephemeral wrote:
Can we post our questions now or it’s better to wait till the session starts?

It better to post once the session starts :) Otherwise we may miss some questions :)

Just about 10 mins more though

for the start of the session
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Re: Ask Me Anything chat session with MBAGuide, INSEAD alum and ISB admit [#permalink]
cool, thanks :)
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 614 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
Concentration: Operations, Marketing
Send PM
Hi all! Hope all of you are in good spirits :)
I am an INSEAD alumna of 2019 batch ( with INSEAD diversity scholarship and also had ISB admit) About 4 years ago I was also in the same boat as most of you folks here on GMATclub - trying to figure out what I wanted to do next in life career wise, and thinking that MBA would help me expedite my journey towards my career goals.
Very happy to answer any of your questions on the application process, interviews and essays..or MBA life in general.

A bit about myself: Started my career in core design and manufacturing in automotive sector 9 years ago. Have worked in manufacturing facilities across the world as well as did stakeholder management in a very diverse environment with more than 5 nationalities at a time. Wanted to switch gears to e commerce and retail post MBA. currently working in an e commerce startup in network & category design and planning.
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi MBAGuide, Thanks for joining us today :)

ephemeral, Since MBAGuide, is here, you can start us by asking your question :)

anyone else please feel fre to send in your questions as well

Originally posted by Nikhil on 23 Jul 2021, 07:56.
Last edited by Nikhil on 23 Jul 2021, 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi MBAGuide, How easy or difficult has been to switch your domain after MBA?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI, The moderation mode is switched ON. Your questions will be queued and released to maintain proper flow. Keep sending in your questions.

MBAGuide, Feel free to respond to the questions by mentioning their username. It will help in understanding to whom the reply is to :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Does INSEAD admit 38 + year candidate ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hi MBAGuide.. I’m Mechanical engineer by education and working in Army since last 10 years. I want to pursue MBA to switch career. If you can please guide on the prospects for me to join ISB and other international B school. Will my present profile give me any advantage?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
I will be honest here.. it has not been very easy.. i would say for a one year MBA program your pre MBA career path does impact the ease of networking for your targeted industry. For example it was easy for me to get shortlisted for interviews at manufacturing and industrial companies/conglomerates, but difficult to move forward in tech roles as I didn’t have prior experience

ephemeral wrote:
Hi @MBAGuide, How easy or difficult has been to switch your domain after MBA?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
Akshayshlr, I am not sure if an alumnus can comment on the profile but I will leave it to MBAGuide, :)
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Yes why not! As long as you have a convincing story to support your case. I had several friends at INSEAD who were 35+. Although I have heard that you have to support your story with equally strong acads and GMAT score if you are on the older side of the spectrum

Jithesh wrote:
Does INSEAD admit 38 + year candidate ?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Thanks Nikhil
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI, MBAGuide is also sharing their application materials with the interested applicants for a fee as part of the "Success Insights" project. More details are at the following link get-access-to-successful-business-school-applications-364282.html#p2822282

You can signup and get access to MBAGuide, ’s application materials :)
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Thank you
Intern
Intern
Send PM
How did you do it? What steps did you take to be able to move to your desired field? And with all that in hindsight, do you still feel that the MBA was worth it?

MBAGuide wrote:
I will be honest here.. it has not been very easy.. i would say for a one year MBA program your pre MBA career path does impact the ease of networking for your targeted industry. For example it was easy for me to get shortlisted for interviews at manufacturing and industrial companies/conglomerates, but difficult to move forward in tech roles as I didn’t have prior experience

SVP
SVP
Send PM
Diversity profiles are always welcome at global schools. We had quite a few ex-servicemen at INSEAD. I would definitely encourage you to apply. You can send me a DM in case you want to discuss your prospects further. But definitely highlight your leadership characteristics in your MBA application stories.

Akshayshlr wrote:
Hi MBAGuide.. I’m Mechanical engineer by education and working in Army since last 10 years. I want to pursue MBA to switch career. If you can please guide on the prospects for me to join ISB and other international B school. Will my present profile give me any advantage?
MBA Section Director
Send PM
Expert Reply
FYI, The moderation mode is switched ON. Your questions will be queued and released to maintain proper flow. Keep sending in your questions.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3