GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 08 Jul 2020, 06:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
B
AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 25 May 2020, 08:51
Hi shahid,
You can pursue one year MBA from top IIMs/ISB and switch to tech. consulting/strategy roles post MBA. IT companies have lots of clients in the manufacturing/ oil & gas industry and value hands-on experience in those areas.

For more information regarding MBA and career switch from PSU to Private sector check the free resources at http://psutoprivate.com/.
All the best!

Team PSUtoPrivate
(Exclusive career counselling platform for Govt/PSU professionals )

http://psutoprivate.com | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate | https://www.facebook.com/Psutoprivate-104553174573802/

shahidsuhaeyeeb wrote:
Hi Souvik,
Thanks in advance for my profile evaluation.
Male, Indian, 34years,
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering) Osmania University, 3.9GPA
GMAT(710)
Expected profile post MBA :tech/strategy/product based roles
Looking for pointers towards colleges in Europe, canada, India
WORK EXPERIENCE(10+ years) :
2 Year 9 Months at Infosys Limited as a system engineer(Banking and capital markets division) for development and maintenance of Banking firm program.
8 years 2 months at BHEL(PSU) as a Field Engineer (Executive Grade-2)
Projec execution incharge for more than 30 projects across India including overseas experience at Oman, Muscat.
Certified vibration analyst from Mobius institute (Australia)
Completed north east Greenfield socioeconomic project BCPL, reviewed directly by Ministry.
Best executive award,
customer appreciation letters for site execution from BPCL-kochi refinery, ORPIC refinery-oman, etc.

Posted from my mobile device

Email: support@psutoprivate.com | +91 9470357620 |Website | https://www.linkedin.com/company/psutoprivate
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Economics
WE: Other (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User CAT Tests
Re: AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 21:38
Indian Male

Btech:- 70% ( Top 20% percentile of my class)
OFFICIAL GMAT PREP MOCK 1:- 770 Q51 V44
Giving GMAT in JULY 2020

target colleges:-
1) TEPPER

2) McCOMBS

3) KENAN FLAGLER

4) EMORY

5) KELLEY
Professional details and achievements

It will be rusty for sure but will try to keep to the point:-

1) worked as systems engineer for 1 year in Infosys on a project of AT&T
2) right now working in a major Public sector bank in India for 4yrs as manager.
3) I handle my branches' foreign exchange department of over 500cr
4) this last FY 19-20 I with my team was able to increase the forex turnover by 50cr. Only branch in mumbai to have increased the turnover
5) I with my team steered my branch in attaining first place in India for multicurrency travel cards. We issued cards with worth over 2lakh USD
6) I was head of my colleges national tech fest in which atleast 50 colleges participated
7) we won first prize in tech fest of many colleges in robot competition.
8) I have helped in furthering financial inclusion in my village. As people came to know that I am in bank they were more happy to keep in touch with me and open account in a bank.
9) in my village there are many vendors whom I have helped in doing their txn via digital banking. Which in turn have resulted in increasing their profit about 4-5 times
10) I have also taught students in my village for 4 months

I want to SWITCH to CONSULTING domain post my MBA

if anyone can help me if above colleges are possible seeing my profile and if I am able to replicate my GMAT mock performance (above 750). it will be really helpful.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 10 Jun 2020, 06:43
Hi Souvick,
I am currently in my second year of undergrad (just started my second year). I am planning to apply for ISB YLP (which i am sure many Indians like me will) I can apply for it when i am in my final or pre-final year of undergrad. my acads are

class 10th - 9.2/10 cgpa
class 12th - 91 percent
first year under grad results - 3.54/4 cgpa

To develop my skills in marketing i have done Google's online digital marketing course and have received a certificate. I have also done facebook's marketing and advertising course. (will this help in the admission process?)

I have also been active in extra-curricular activities related to theatre, western vocals and sports(football)

As far as internships are concerned - i interned at a startup and worked on a project of launching a new brand under it. What else can i do in the remaining time while preparing for GMAT to strengthen my cv.

Thank you!
Yale Moderator
S
Premium Member CAT Tests
AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 04 Jul 2020, 22:51
Hi Souvik,
Thanks for taking out time to review my profile.

Indian male, 28, GMAT 740, Computer Engineer - Top 25 Univ. (72/100 - 4.00 as per GMAC)
Experience: 6.5 yrs work-ex across Social Impact Consulting (3 years), Non - profit research and software development
Currently: leading and mentoring a 5 member team in one of India's largest Social Impact Consulting firm - Engagement Manager: managing a 30million P&L, 20million sales GTM strategy. 2 promotions in 2.5 years - advice CXOs of large corporations, NGOs and multilateral orgs. on social sector strategy and advisory using research and data (think the application of machine learning on primary datasets)

In the current role:
1. Enabled Google to understand the Impact of its AI-powered mobile app to improve reading fluency of 1million kids across India - designed implementation strategy to scale impact from 9+ countries to 189 countries impacting 20million+ kids:
2. Helping Microsoft design its long term CSR strategy in India: impacting >1million youth
3. Impacting >10million people across India through strategic advisory support to CXOs of some of the largest social Impact programs of the world

Previously:
Grassroot Research at one of the world’s premier education non-profit
1. Enabled education policy level changes across 2 Indian states impacting >10million school going kid - Researched across 23 Indian states: remote rural locations: liaison with Central and state govt. enabling policy level changes
2. Managed world’s largest citizen-led student assessment in two Indian states: managing > 3000 volunteers

Strategic Advisory to a small non-profit
1. Designed, implemented and scaled a Design Thinking program to impact 10,000+ school students across 179 Indian schools - the program now scaling to over 600 schools across an Indian state - still using the strategy and models I developed for expansion
2. Enabling the migration of a unique teacher development program to a tech platform - acting as a product manager for the same

Software Developer for a year

Extracurricular
1. Developed a participatory policy-making software platform - selected as a semi-finalist at ASEM (ASEAN + Europe: 52 country-wide) stage
2. Two national finalist positions ( Top 20 in >100,000 participants)
3. Invited delegate- two global forums (among 250/5000 participants from 175 nationalities)
4. Youngest Invited speaker to India's largest Social Innovation Forum - presented a unique approach to social impact program implementation - whitepaper written on it by me will be out soon
5. Guest Faculty to 2 Top Indian MBA colleges - lecture Public sector leaders on strategic Social Impact
6. Mentor to 7 IIM students and CEO of a small NGO running innovative schools impacting 40,000+ students
7. Developed an emotion-based media player as a college major project - liquidated the same to a tech startup

Career motivation: traveled across the country for grassroots research and understood that the problem I want to solve is that of education and killing. Background in computer science and the emergence of data science provided the sweet spot to work at the intersection of technology being adaptive to a user's education and killing needs.

Short term goals: Want to enter the product management space as an AI product manager (already have developed and envisaged multiple tech products as mentioned above) to understand how tech products as envisaged - developed - marketed to impact at a global stage.

Long term: want to develop my own product that would work at an intersection of tech - education and killing to create impact in India and Africa.

Target schools: Stanford, Wharton, Yale, MIT in that order.

Could you please comment on my chances in these schools? What are the areas that I should focus on to improve my profile further? Any other schools you want me to add to the list?

Originally posted by neo92 on 27 Jun 2020, 02:33.
Last edited by neo92 on 04 Jul 2020, 22:51, edited 1 time in total.
Yale Moderator
S
Premium Member CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 27 Jun 2020, 05:53
neo92 wrote:
Hi Souvik,
Thanks for taking out time to review my profile.

Indian male, 28, GMAT 740, Computer Engineer - Top 25 Univ. (72/100 - 4.00 as per GMAC)
Experience: 6.5 yrs work-ex across Social Impact Consulting (3 years), Non - profit research and software development
Currently: leading and mentoring a 5 member team in one of India's largest Social Impact Consulting firm - Engagement Manager: managing a 30million P&L, 20million sales GTM strategy. 2 promotions in 2.5 years - advice CXOs of large corporations, NGOs and multilateral orgs. on social sector strategy and advisory using research and data (think the application of machine learning on primary datasets)

In the current role:
1. Enabled Google to understand the Impact of its AI-powered mobile app to improve reading fluency of 1million kids across India - designed implementation strategy to scale impact from 9+ countries to 189 countries impacting 20million+ kids:
2. Helping Microsoft design its long term CSR strategy in India: impacting >1million youth
3. Impacting >10million people across India through strategic advisory support to CXOs of some of the largest social Impact programs of the world

Previously:
Grassroot Research at one of the world’s premier education non-profit
1. Enabled education policy level changes across 2 Indian states impacting >10million school going kid - Researched across 23 Indian states: remote rural locations: liaison with Central and state govt. enabling policy level changes
2. Managed world’s largest citizen-led student assessment in two Indian states: managing > 3000 volunteers

Strategic Advisory to a small non-profit
1. Designed, implemented and scaled a Design Thinking program to impact 10,000+ school students across 179 Indian schools - the program now scaling to over 600 schools across an Indian state - still using the strategy and models I developed for expansion
2. Enabling the migration of a unique teacher development program to a tech platform - acting as a product manager for the same

Software Developer for a year

Extracurricular
1. Developed a participatory policy-making software platform - selected as a semi-finalist at ASEM (ASEAN + Europe: 52 country-wide) stage
2. Two national finalist positions ( Top 20 in >100,000 participants)
3. Invited delegate- two global forums (among 250/5000 participants from 175 nationalities)
4. Youngest Invited speaker to India's largest Social Innovation Forum - presented a unique approach to social impact program implementation - whitepaper written on it by me will be out soon
5. Guest Faculty to 2 Top Indian MBA colleges - lecture Public sector leaders on strategic Social Impact
6. Mentor to 7 IIM students and CEO of a small NGO running innovative schools impacting 40,000+ students
7. Developed an emotion-based media player as a college major project - liquidated the same to a tech startup

Career motivation: traveled across the country for grassroots research and understood that the problem I want to solve is that of education and killing. Background in computer science and the emergence of data science provided the sweet spot to work at the intersection of technology being adaptive to a user's education and killing needs.

Short term goals: Want to enter the product management space as an AI product manager (already have developed and envisaged multiple tech products as mentioned above) to understand how tech products as envisaged - developed - marketed to impact at a global stage.

Long term: want to develop my own product that would work at an intersection of tech - education and killing to create an impact in India and Africa.

Target schools: Stanford, Wharton, Yale, MIT in that order.

Could you please comment on my chances in these schools? What are the areas that I should focus on to improve my profile further? Any other schools you want me to add to the list?

Replace killing with skilling, everywhere. Autocorrect to be blamed !
GMAT Club Bot
Re: AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!   [#permalink] 27 Jun 2020, 05:53

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   [ 125 posts ] 

AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition!

new topic post reply Update application status