Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 01:19 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 01:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Technology, General Management
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 700 Q46 V40
GPA: 3.76
WE:Research (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Alum
Own Kudos [?]: 51449 [1]
Given Kudos: 2326
Concentration: Leadership, General Management
Schools: Ross '20 (M)
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V42 (Online)
GMAT 3: 760 Q50 V42 (Online)
GPA: 3.8
WE:Marketing (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Alum
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 44
Send PM
Re: AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition! [#permalink]
Hi Souvik!

Background :
Indian Female, 31 years old
GMAT : 740

Work experience:
1.(4 years) Inspector- Executive Officer in Ministry of Finance, Govt of India- GST & Central Excise. - I implement government tax policy. I have multiple quantifiable achievements here. Around 1200 companies fall under my jurisdiction.I supervise these companies, manage tax collection to meet tax targets.

2.(2 years) Reserve Bank of India - Dept of Banking Supervision Assistant - was involved in regulatory supervision of a Public sector bank.

3.(2 years) Tata Consultancy Services - Asst Systems Engineer. - involved in delivering information services to BFS client.

Education :
BE from non-IIT college with 82%
HSE - 96.8%

Volunteering :
1. Swacch bharat abhiyan - I have taken swacchta pledge and I implement the drive in and around my office locality
2.TCS maitree- sustainable development initiatives
3.Desire society - ngo for HIV affected children. I teach and share joy.
4.Financial literacy drive - RBI 5. Multiple tax outreach programs at district level

Extra curriculars - classical singer

Post MBA goal :
Short term - Consulting in MBB
Long team - want to start my own consultancy firm.

Target schools : Booth, Mit (sloan) ,Wharton,LBS, haas, Ross, tuck, darden, ISB, Insead.

My questions :
1.Are my target schools realistic and within my reach?
2.My Age, WE and transition to corporate sector...are my post mba goals suitable for my profile?
3.Should I retake Gmat?
4. I was thinking of exploring opportunities in Big 4 firms. Will the shift to Corporate taxation have any positive effect on my application?

I request your advise.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
Concentration: Social Entrepreneurship, Healthcare
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 720 Q50 V37
GRE 1: Q167 V159
GPA: 2.59
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Hi Souvik! Huge Fan!

I would love to have feedback about my profile!
I will be applying for R1 this September, 2020.

Background: Indian Male

Education: B. Pharmacy (Hons.) from BITS Pilani (Top 10 institutes in India)
CGPA: 6.49/10

GMAT: 680 (Q49, V33) in my first attempt. Will be giving it again in the next 30 days. Aiming for a 740+

WE: 3 years (At the time of Matriculation)

Current field of work: Public Health; Public Policy

First 19 months:

- Worked at Tata Trusts in the National Nutrition Mission in Rural Andhra Pradesh (a south state in India) converging the district Health, Women & Child, Education, Water & Sanitation Departments to help reduce Malnutrition in 0-6 yr old Children, Pregnant & Lactating women.
- My work required me to lead and drive the nutrition mission in the district, do field visits, build capacity of field functionaries (~4000 Anganwadi teachers) and advocacy for the District Magistrate.
- Two of my initiatives were featured in the Tata Trusts quarterly magazine on National Nutrition Mission.
- My immediate boss was a Harvard Grad (Law) (- now into philanthropy) and is ready to write my LoR.

Second 17 months:

- My work in rural Andhra was recognised and I was offered a role (as a Program Officer) in an organisation that is working on micronutrient fortification of staple food in India under the same National Nutrition Mission.
- This organisation is a Canadian NGO and works closely with the other International Development partners for Fortification of Foods in India. That means I get to work with Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF), Global Allianz for Improved Nutrition (GAIN), UNICEF, World Food Program (WFP),World Bank, Tata Trusts, Nutrition International (NI), PATH etc
- The South East Asia office (the one I work at) has only ~4 employees - means I get more exposure in multiple projects.
- I'm currently heading a project which is running in 4 salt producing states. I'm very young for the role, but my boss likes young folk around (Big plus for me!)
- My boss is the South East Asia co-ordinator and was previously Head of Department, Department of Community Medicine at All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS). He’s also the recipient of multiple awards including ‘Public Health Champion’ by WHO - and is ready to write my LoR.

Extra Curricular:

- Was the Head of Department, Department of Sponsorship & Marketing in BITS Pilani. Raised a sponsorship of 80L (~100,000 $) with a team of 30 for the National Annual Cultural Festival of BITS Pilani - Pearl’17
- Was a cadet at National Cadet Corps
- Was a part of Multiple departments and clubs in BITS Pilani.
- Volunteered for the Indian General Elections (2019) while working for the District Magistrate in Rural Andhra Pradesh.
[I believe I’ll get to organise a few workshops and events while at the current job - idk if such events count though]

MBA:

- I would like to do my MBA related to healthcare.
- I believe the biggest issue in the public health in developing countries currently is the delivery & operations of even the most basic healthcare. I would like to work in this healthcare delivery structure post-MBA.
- Would also like to have the consulting option open.
- Schools I’m specifically looking at: Duke & Ross and the rest of the top-20 schools in order of their healthcare curriculum (and their STEM MBA certifications)

I believe the biggest Cons in my profile would be low CGPA & the fact that I have only 3 years WE.

Questions:

What are my chances given that I WANT to apply for R1 Sept’20?
Can I do anything in the next 7 months to improve my chances?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
Send PM
Hi Souvik!

First of all thank you for all the valuable insight you provide through your posts and videos. I have read almost all of your debriefs.
I am a pre-final year Mechanical engineering student at a top NIT with a CGPA of 9.23/10. I recently took the GMAT on the 16th of March,2020 and scored a 730 (Q50 V40 IR7 AWA 4.5). When i was at question 34 in verbal, the centre UPS failed and i missed the last three questions :| . I believe i can score at least 20-30 points more since i consistently scored about 750 in GMAT Prep Tests.

Here is a very brief profile description:

Academic Record: Consistently high scores (~95%) throughout school
Leadership: Former Captain of the State Chess Team, Current College Chess Team captain, Internship and Placement Coordinator
Internship Experience: 1 decent internship at an influencer marketing automation based start up and 1 at a MNC (put on hold due to the Covid-19 outbreak)
Social Volunteering: Decent, will build it more
Academic Merit and Sports Scholarships: Multiple sports and merit based scholarships.

My objective: To apply for deferred MBA programs or MIM programs
Career goals: Role in the finance sector or my own business venture (Socio-Tech)

My Questions:
1. Should i consider retaking the GMAT given my profile since i have some time before i start my applications?
2. Which schools do you recommend with the current score and profile?

Would absolutely love to have your feedback on my profile.
Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 125
Schools: ISB'22 (A)
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V39
Send PM
Hi Souvik

Thanks for taking this initiative.
It would be great if you can provide your inputs on my profile detailed below.

Background: I am an Indian female (24 years old) with a finance and accounting background. I am planning to apply to B-schools fall of 2020 this year .

Undergrad Information: B.com Honours at Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, Delhi University

Target GMAT Score: 730 (looking to understand what it should be to maximise chances of admission)

GPA: 76% aggregate, passed first division (we do not have a GPA/ percentile system at Delhi University, so not sure what the best way to convert the same would be)

Work experience and leadership: I will have 3 years of total work experience by September 2020 which will include:
- ~2.5 years as a Senior Analyst at PwC India in front-end Investment Banking with a focus on the retail and consumer sector. I was promoted last year and received a rating of 1 (scale of 1-5, with 1 being the highest) and was due for promotion this year as well which unfortunately got deferred to next year in the light of the current pandemic situation. I have worked on several buy-side and sell-side M&A/PE transactions in the past two years and have also co-authored few thought leaderships and newsletters published by PwC India in the consumer sector. My responsibilities have included deal origination (development of pitch books), financial modeling, preparation of information memos and assisting in due-diligence. I have also significantly contributed to pitches for two large marquee companies for which we got the mandate and are currently working on deal execution.

- 5 months at EY Global in the Assurance team

Extra Curriculars: I was the President of the Finance Cell in my college where we conducted multiple events and fests like strategy games, mock stocks, Bplans etc., I was also a member of the entrepreneurship cell in my college.

Post MBA goals: I think my primary purpose for doing an MBA is to get positions at leading management consulting and investment banking firms. My limited experience in financial consulting has allowed me to develop a preliminary understanding of the industry and the skills required. While I enjoy what I currently do, I believe that an MBA from a top business school would allow me to grow faster, enhance my - technical, business and management skills further as well as build my network (which I have come to learn is very important in consulting and IB) to advance to the next level in my career. As for my long term goal, I am quite intrigued by Venture Capital because of the thrill and rigour that comes with exploring, understanding and analysing new companies and industries.
So I am attracted towards the prospect of working in that field after gaining relevant experience. However, this is more early stage and may change as my career advances.

I would also like to seek suggestions on what I can do to build my profile further and what my ideal GMAT score should be to put me in a safe space in terms of getting admits from Ross and other Top 20 US business schools. Additionally, it would also be helpful to understand if applying next year with 4 years of work-ex by Sep'2021 (total of 5 years at the time of joining), a possible promotion at my current org/or switch to hopefully a better role would make my profile more compelling than applying this year with 3 years of work-ex by Sep'2020 this year (total work ex of 4 years by the time I will join).
Alum
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Vineeths wrote:
Hi Souvik!

Background :
Indian Female, 31 years old
GMAT : 740

Work experience:
1.(4 years) Inspector- Executive Officer in Ministry of Finance, Govt of India- GST & Central Excise. - I implement government tax policy. I have multiple quantifiable achievements here. Around 1200 companies fall under my jurisdiction.I supervise these companies, manage tax collection to meet tax targets.

2.(2 years) Reserve Bank of India - Dept of Banking Supervision Assistant - was involved in regulatory supervision of a Public sector bank.

3.(2 years) Tata Consultancy Services - Asst Systems Engineer. - involved in delivering information services to BFS client.

Education :
BE from non-IIT college with 82%
HSE - 96.8%

Volunteering :
1. Swacch bharat abhiyan - I have taken swacchta pledge and I implement the drive in and around my office locality
2.TCS maitree- sustainable development initiatives
3.Desire society - ngo for HIV affected children. I teach and share joy.
4.Financial literacy drive - RBI 5. Multiple tax outreach programs at district level

Extra curriculars - classical singer

Post MBA goal :
Short term - Consulting in MBB
Long team - want to start my own consultancy firm.

Target schools : Booth, Mit (sloan) ,Wharton,LBS, haas, Ross, tuck, darden, ISB, Insead.

My questions :
1.Are my target schools realistic and within my reach?
2.My Age, WE and transition to corporate sector...are my post mba goals suitable for my profile?
3.Should I retake Gmat?
4. I was thinking of exploring opportunities in Big 4 firms. Will the shift to Corporate taxation have any positive effect on my application?

I request your advise.

Hello,

First off I am sorry I missed this message. A lot of pandemic-related move came in the way and I lost track of this thread. Thank you again for posting this and feel free to bump your post in the future if I have missed it.

I think you have done some great work to stand out from the typical Indian IT female crowd and your GMAT score is VERY good. I would not worry about retaking it at all. You are in great shape for R1 for next year but I am very curious to know how your goals may have changed thanks to COVID 19. In terms of your questions:

1. Yeah absolutely. You have a solid profile with a great GMAT. I think you are choosing well.

2. You are just a touch on the older side, but I am sure if you work hard and network well, you will have no problems recruiting for consulting. Consultants love diverse background such as yours. If you network well and land an interview, then it is upto your casing and behavioral interview skills.

3. Nope. ignore anyone who says you should.

4. I don't think so apart from getting a big name brand. You should make the move ONLY if you think you will enjoy it and learn new stuff. Also don't forget that you will leave the company soon (if you apply for schools and matriculate in a year) and your boss may have to write your recommendation letters.
Alum
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
theRock99 wrote:
Hi Souvik!

First of all thank you for all the valuable insight you provide through your posts and videos. I have read almost all of your debriefs.
I am a pre-final year Mechanical engineering student at a top NIT with a CGPA of 9.23/10. I recently took the GMAT on the 16th of March,2020 and scored a 730 (Q50 V40 IR7 AWA 4.5). When i was at question 34 in verbal, the centre UPS failed and i missed the last three questions :| . I believe i can score at least 20-30 points more since i consistently scored about 750 in GMAT Prep Tests.

Here is a very brief profile description:

Academic Record: Consistently high scores (~95%) throughout school
Leadership: Former Captain of the State Chess Team, Current College Chess Team captain, Internship and Placement Coordinator
Internship Experience: 1 decent internship at an influencer marketing automation based start up and 1 at a MNC (put on hold due to the Covid-19 outbreak)
Social Volunteering: Decent, will build it more
Academic Merit and Sports Scholarships: Multiple sports and merit based scholarships.

My objective: To apply for deferred MBA programs or MIM programs
Career goals: Role in the finance sector or my own business venture (Socio-Tech)

My Questions:
1. Should i consider retaking the GMAT given my profile since i have some time before i start my applications?
2. Which schools do you recommend with the current score and profile?

Would absolutely love to have your feedback on my profile.
Thanks!

Thanks for the question. Here you go:

1. I would say yes. Considering you had that unfortunate incident with power at the test center and if you are confident you can score 20-30 points higher it would absolutely be helfpful. Being an Indian male engineeer, it is a tough road for below 740 folks so it might help.

2. You have not gathered any work experience, so it is really hard to say. I would recommend finding challenging work and building strong experiences and leadership skills. Some brand names on your resume will also be helpful. If you can get those, and a 750+ GMAT score, the sky is the limit really. With some solid goals and essays, top 10 schools can be totally achievable.
BSchool Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 372 [0]
Given Kudos: 618
GRE 1: Q165 V163

GRE 2: Q165 V163

GRE 3: Q170 V163
WE:Engineering (Computer Software)
Send PM
AskSouvik: Which B School to Apply | AMA| - 2019 edition! [#permalink]
Hello souvik101990,
I hope my message finds you in good health. I am looking to apply to MBA programs in the upcoming application cycle and would be extremely grateful if you could help me with a profile eval to assess my chances in schools like ISB, Ross, Stern, Foster, UT Austin, Tepper, NUS and Saïd

Background: Male, Indian, 27(at matriculation)
Undergrad : MIT Manipal; Class of 2016
GRE: 325, Intend to retake and hopefully score higher
Work Experience:

3 years 8 months as of August 2020
1. Big Data Engineer at Tesco (Aug'16 - May'19)

A. Designed Pipelines on Hadoop and cloud for the company's supply chain
B. Part of team that developed an analytics platform to analyse over xxM customer profiles and strengthen customer loyalty
C. Worked with the company's Thailand business to ideate and develop solutions which went on to save over xxx,xxx$ in a year by minimising unsold volumes of items and also by rating supplier performance for contract renewals(I have subsequently left the organization. So I don't have a clear picture on how much it is saving now)
D. Worked with the company's Thailand and Central European business to developed taxonomy for over x million products and facilitate better reporting.

2. Big Data Engineer at Groupon(Sep'19 - Present):

A. Part of a newly formed team to build the data infrastructure on the cloud
B. Designed mechanisms to improve efficiency of traffic attribution and thereby funding for marketing
C. Helped generate customer subscription metrics for NYSE reporting.

Target Industries
1.Product management in the big data space at organisations like Walmart, Tesco, Amazon

Extra Curriculars:
1. Headed the infodesk and finance categories of the college events for a year. Played key roles in developing an online system to handle payments, cash prizes and registrations. This helped boost participation, revenue and efficiently streamlined crowds
2. Work in the community with my parents and a few friends to arrange health camps, school and medical supplies for domestic helps, watchmen, drivers and municipality workers.

I have the following queries,

1. Having worked as a data engineer, is my work experience too technical for top MBA programs?
2. While I have striven to understand the functioning of business and the impact of my work in the larger scheme of things, I don't have a client facing role ( mainly because of having worked at product based organisations) Would this be a drawback?
3. What would be a safe GRE/GMAT score for these universities for my profile?
4. How does one gauge ballpark GRE scores for profiles such as mine at top bschools? (Since average GRE scores and the number of successful applicants with the GRE are not widely reported)

Thank You!

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 56
Concentration: Finance, Technology
WE:Operations (Telecommunications)
Send PM
Hi Souvik,

Please review,

Demographics (nationality, gender): Indian, male, will be 30 years old, this July.
· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed): Visvesvaraya Technological University, (India), Bachelor's in Electrical and Electronics engineering, GPA : 3
· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown): 730 (Q49, VA 45 )
.Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Started with IBM as an IT analyst and moved to Deloitte as an IT consultant. Was an individual contributor, and received a 'stellar performer of the year' award. Planned three
different platforms to address client issues. Worked with the development teams to outline a ticketing tool, curated for my team needs.
- Joined British Telecommunications as a network engineer, and later got promoted as a manager - workforce management consulting ( Individual contributor) . Designed a sharepoint
site for global clients to analyse their project data. Brainstormed different versions to come up with something closer to their operational goals. Received 4 quarterly awards for
process improvement, and 5 (senior) client recommendations. Massively improved operational performances for 3 different projects which was performing pathetically poor, leveraging
the benefits of the dashboard I designed. I have also been involved with several business transformational projects.

- Have a brief ( failed) entrepreneurship journey after bachelor's. I brought together a team from few of the best IITs to build a product, however, failed to gain clients. Learnt a lot from the experience.

IBM : January 2014 – August 2015
Deloitte : September 2015 – December 2016
British Telecom : December 2016 – Present.

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- School :
- Was the cultural captain : Was responsible to host cultural events and collaborate with other schools on cultural fests. Received 4 gold medals in school level athletics.
-Was the captain of the school's cricket team, for two years. (captaincy rotated every two years.

- Undergraduate:

o Founded the college's first heavy metal band
o Started the college's first Music club with a separate brick and mortar house.
o Received several gold/silver medals for different inter-college sports/game/music competitions.
o Founded a poetry club.

- Post college : Won a state level powerlifitng championship and ranked in a national level powerlifting championship

. Post-MBA goals: I want to get into management consulting or finance.

Target : Darden, Fuqua, Stern, Tepper, McCombs, Emory, KElley, Anderson

Regards,
theleopride
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 84
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Souvik,

Thank you for looking at my profile.

· Demographics (nationality, gender):
- Indian
- Male (turned 27 in January '20)

· Education (undergraduate institution, GPA, major - high school/entrance exams not needed):
- B.Tech from Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (popularly known as IIT Delhi - Among Top 2 Engineering schools in India)
- Graduated in May 2016
- CGPA - 8.1/10 (Major - Textile Engineering)

· GMAT or GRE (include section breakdown):
- Aiming for 780+ but expecting atleast 750+, not sure about the breakdown but will do well in quant
- Haven't taken any mocks recently (preparation is still underway) but took one in my undergrad (had 710), can go for GRE as well (not sure which one is preferred)

. Work experience (highlight amount of work experience, industries, roles, promotions, special accomplishments, international exposure):
- Designation: Senior Manager at analytics consulting firm based out of Gurgaon, India (have been pretty unlucky with H1B lottery for last 3 times)
- Current Employer: EXL Analytics, multinational company headquartered in NYC (wouldn't consider as recognized as BCG, Bain, etc. but probably Tier 2)
- Work Experience: have been working with the same company for about 4 years now right after my undergrad
- Promotions: Total 3 promotions in ~4 years (2 fast track promotions in first 2 years of working with the company)
- Special Accomplishments - not sure if this carries much weight here (Best Innovator Award and Best Employee award)
- International Exposure - No long time international work experience but have client meetings exposure (been on business trips to US few times)
- Industry - Analytics/Data Science consulting in Banking and Finance
- Actual Work - currently leading a team of 5 consultants all graduated from top schools in India, worked on numerous data science/analytics projects for top US banks (Credit Card Risk & Fraud Mitigation)

. Potential Recommendations -
- VP at EXL (IIM - top B school in India) - strong
- SAVP at EXL (The Mays Business School at Texas A&M University) - strong
- Director at top US Bank (past client) (George Washington University School of Business) - strong
- SVP at top US Bank (past client) (MS from Carnegie Mellon University) - strong

· Extracurricular activities (highlight notable undergraduate and post-undergraduate ones):
- During school time, I founded a tech forum/community with about 1Lakh members and had Alexa traffic rank of ~70,000 in 2008. Had to shut down due later due to higher studies
- Did a lot of freelancing work (Web apps/coding) right during 5th - 10th grade while in School
- I enjoy working on mobile app development, worked on a startup idea recently but later decided to drop it
- I had decent extracurrics at my undergrad - part of organizing committee (very competitive in college) of one of India's biggest college festival, affiliations with extracurricular clubs (Music) during undergrad
- Never tried for any certification but I am a decent Guitar and Piano player

. Post-MBA goals: want to start with a product role in a tech company (Google/FB/Amazon/etc.), however in long term would want to get in a leadership role in either a tech company or in a bank (leading analytics efforts)

· Target schools:
- Harvard, Wharton, Stanford, Columbia, Yale, Sloan, Chicago Booth
- Thinking of giving GMAT by July '20 if covid situation is stable and applying in R1, however could wait an extra year if my profile has better chance at top B Schools

· Other information relevant to your profile: I have always been very passionate about things especially during my school days and had decent source of income back then from my freelancing work for international people. I would rate my college time a little dull in terms of big accomplishments but have learned a lot emotionally during undergrad. I have also learnt a lot of people skills over the years.
Even though I have some idea that my profile isn't upto mark with what's required to make it to Top 5 US B Schools, I would want your opinions as to how I can improve. I have seen people from my undergrad making to Harvard/Wharton but those always have had either better GPA or/and more recognized work experience. Anyway, thank you for looking at my profile and for your suggestions :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Hi, I am A doctor, percentage- 62%. work ex- 4 years, I want to do Mba in healthcare managment. Please suggest some schools from Asia and USA.
Alum
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
elPatron434 - thanks for posting! I used your profile for our video today. I hope you enjoyed it :)

Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Hi Souvik,
Thanks in advance for my profile evaluation.
Male, Indian, 34years,
B.E. (Mechanical Engineering) Osmania University, 3.9GPA
GMAT(710)
Expected profile post MBA :tech/strategy/product based roles
Looking for pointers towards colleges in Europe, canada, India
WORK EXPERIENCE(10+ years) :
2 Year 9 Months at Infosys Limited as a system engineer(Banking and capital markets division) for development and maintenance of Banking firm program.
8 years 2 months at BHEL(PSU) as a Field Engineer (Executive Grade-2)
Projec execution incharge for more than 30 projects across India including overseas experience at Oman, Muscat.
Certified vibration analyst from Mobius institute (Australia)
Completed north east Greenfield socioeconomic project BCPL, reviewed directly by Ministry.
Best executive award,
customer appreciation letters for site execution from BPCL-kochi refinery, ORPIC refinery-oman, etc.

Originally posted by shahidsuhaeyeeb on 19 Apr 2020, 09:46.
Last edited by shahidsuhaeyeeb on 19 Apr 2020, 09:50, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hey Souvik,

Looking forward to apply in the upcoming admissions cycle. Below is my profile, would love to hear your thoughts on choice of schools and areas that I can work on.

Demographics:
Indian, Male, 27 years

Undergrad + Post Grad - 5 year integrated MiM from IIM Indore. GPA - 3.16/4.3 (Top 10%)
Undergrad - Liberal Arts, Post Grad - Management
GMAT - 730
Work-ex - 4.5 years - Supply Chain/Logistics
Part of AP Moller Maersk’s global leadership program in collaboration with UC Berkeley, Haas . Youngest in the program with quickest promotion to Sr. Manager
Three years in India - 1 leadership role, lead a team of 12. Global commercial hero award among +30k employees
International Experience:
4 learning modules in Shanghai, Berkeley, Kenya and Copenhagen (3 months in total)
1.5 years in Cambodia as Logistics Product Head managing a P&L of $100M
Extra Curriculars - Quizzing (National finalist Tata Crucible)
Volunteering - Ashoka, Innovators for the public, built a new program "Change maker Schools"
Sports - National Level athlete and badminton player
2 entrepreneurial ventures - 1 during college, 2nd I still work on in collaboration with Amazon as an outside advisor (Revenue ~ $6m)
Post MBA career - Short term - strategy consulting, Long Term - Supply chain strategy
Target Schools - INSEAD, Kellogg, Wharton, Booth

Originally posted by doesgreymatter on 19 Apr 2020, 09:47.
Last edited by doesgreymatter on 01 May 2020, 01:08, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
Send PM
Hi Souvik,
Thanks in advance for my profile evaluation.
Male, Indian
Pre-Final Year in IIT Kharagpur, Biotechnology (CGPA 6.50)
Previous Internship at Deloitte
Own a profitable start-up
Big on extracurricular activities
GMAT: 750
Highly skeptical due to low CGPA and No Work Experience
Your help will be appreciated for possible schools.
(Want to get into strategy consult)

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Hi Souvik

I am a hospitality professional with 9 years of management expereince.
Graduated from India's top Hospitality Institute - IHM Pusa, New Delhi -2011 (74%)

Worked with ITC Hotels for 7 years managing roles from launch of a culinary brand of ITC Hotels in Mumbai, leading a small team of 8 people to opening two Food & Beverage facilities of ITC Hotels, setting up processes and product standards and leading a team of 150 including 7 assistant managers and 30 supervisors in the capacity of a Food & Beverage head.

Moving further I have moved to IT services to establish Customer Experience in a 30 year old IT company with an annual revenue of $200M.

During this course, I have also set up my own experience consulting firm giving with main focus towards selling experience as a service to growing corporates in Bangalore.
With a current revenue of $30,000 annual I intend to grow my company into a larger organisation and establish experience consulting as a business domain post my MBA.

In the extra curricular activities I also am a professional EMCEE and work independently towards teaching elementary mathematics to the children from underprivileged families in my locality.

A music and Indian Mythology enthusiast who loves to relate the examples from mythology to common human life.
Love cooking and have my own channel with over 500 followers.

Towards my GMAT i have a below average GMAT - 620 (Q42/V34)
Please suggest what kind of schools should I target in order to get good return. Although my focus would be ISB/HEC Paris, Wouldn't mind schools in Europe/Canada/Australia
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 81 [0]
Given Kudos: 25
Send PM
Hi Souvik,
Please help me evaluate my profile, and let me know what all school I shall/can apply to, for 2021 admit, in and out US.

Indian, Male, Mechanical Engineer'16 (VIT University)
GPA: 3.3/4 or 8.2/10
GMAT : 720

PROFILE SUMMARY
• Experienced associate in Product / Brand Management, skilled in Business Intelligence and Strategy planning.
• Experienced in driving new launches in FMCG/FMCD industries
• Possess ability to develop, plan, coordinate and contribute in diverse marketing activities and providing insights to improve the product offering

WORK EXPERIENCE

1. 1.5 Year, Product Manager, Godrej (Present)
• Led pan India new launches for Godrej Electronic locks, Door accessories, Furniture fittings & Glass hardware.
• Led end to end new product development (including market study, ideation, price progression, packaging, test market launch and scaled launch) for Godrej’s newly launched Towerbolts, in door accessories.
• Conceptualized & standardised NPI launch process, leading to incremental distribution expansion of new products by ~25%, pan India and achieving YTD ABP sales by 124% for Electronic locks.
• Extracted and analysed market insights by frequent market visits (all regions) and incorporated learning for expansion of glass hardware portfolio.
• Benchmarked competition activities for all 4 categories on monthly basis and taken corrective actions - including trade schemes, price progression, product gap.

2. 2.5 Year, Marketing Coordinator (Brand Management), SC Johnson Products Pvt Ltd. (US Based MNC)
• Managed end-to-end product life cycle management for 3 globally renowned brands – Kiwi, Glade and Mr Muscle
• Drove business metrics and built pricing strategies
• Extensively examined and analysed data to publish monthly reports including heat maps/ deep dives, basis AC Nielsen, providing business insights and identifying growth opportunities across brands.
• Worked closely with customer marketing for GTM planning and BTL assets development and execution
• Executed innovative campaigns to build/grow category, in collaboration with cross-functions
• Vendor management - managed 15 vendors (Global and Local)
• Managed and led (India execution) the launch of Glade HIF, Kiwi Shoe Shampoo and Mr Muscle Kitchen Cleaner - key growth driver for FY19

Achievements:
Recognized and awarded for speedy execution of GST price drop project with 150%+ efficiency
• Recognized by Finance and Marketing Director, SCJ India, for on-time delivery of launch of Glade HIF project
• Top performance rating for 2 consecutive years

EXTRA CURICULLAR
1. Head of Media and Marketing | Rowing Canyon
Managed the media and marketing department of Rowing Canyon, a registered NGO, which focused on teaching and grooming underprivileged kids, using Info-Graphics.
2.Event Manager | graVITas’15 (VIT University)
Head of Sponsorship division of GraVITas’15, VIT University’s national tech-fest., and led a team of 8 members. With collective team effort, we managed to achieve a sponsorship sum of INR 20M.
3. Freelance Photographer
Worked at Gointhecity, a historical tour agency, in association with Bookmyshow, to host city tours. Taught basic & intermediate photography techniques to participants, in the most interactive way possible
Also, won photography content at Saarang’14, IIT Chennai, under top 10 category (among 7000 participants)

Please help me out with the suitable b-schools for Marketing profile Post MBA, expecting FMCG/CPG/E-Commerce.

Thanks For your Help! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 71 [0]
Given Kudos: 191
Concentration: Finance, International Business
GPA: 4
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Hello Souvik,

My expected GMAT Score: 720
B.tech (Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering): 8.3/10 CGPA
12th: 74.5%
10th: 84.5%

Work exp:
2014-2018 (4 years) : IT Analyst ( Test Analyst)
Aug 2018- Aug 2019 : Developer
August 2019- till day of application for MBA: Business ( Proprietorship)

Extracurricular Activities:
Soccer, Badminton, Newspaper, Chess,Content Analysis, part of an NGO

Won Prizes in:
Best Developer, Soccer, Acting, Chess(3 times), Badminton, High Jump.

Please advise me on the below points:
1) Which MBA is preferred if I want to continue with Business or change stream to Finance.
2) I am basically aiming India as I want to continue with Business as well as Job. Which colleges should I apply in India?
3) Which colleges should I apply in US/ Canada and have a fair/best shot at them.
4) Can I have a fair shot at Insead or ISB.

I know there are many questions but I will really be grateful to you.
Thanks a lot..

Originally posted by Krishh9119 on 19 Apr 2020, 10:01.
Last edited by Krishh9119 on 19 Apr 2020, 10:12, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7