It is currently 20 Oct 2017, 22:13

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Avg days required for 1 school application

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Manager
Manager

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 253

WE: Information Technology (Computer Software)
Avg days required for 1 school application [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 14 Dec 2014, 13:57
Hi All,

I am currently preparing for GMAT and will be working on School Applications and essays once I am done with this so I just wanted some thoughts from the experienced guys that normally on Avg how many days does it take to put together a school Application including Essays and everything for 1 particular school(considering I will be having full whole day to work on Apps)
Will really appreciate if you can share your thoughts regd same.Thanks a lot

Thanks
AK

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 253

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 2

Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 660 Q49 V31
GPA: 3.45
WE: Project Management (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Avg days required for 1 school application [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2014, 05:29
Hi simplyanuj,

That really depends on how much time you have during the day (you said you could work the whole day) and how much information you still need to search for and brainstorm. This can easily vary the time you take from one application to another. For me, my first application (and my top choice) took about 3 months to brainstorm the ideas, write essays, and conduct a school visit. Later, I received the intvitation for interview which is what I was altimately hoping for. With my second application, I literally only had 8 days before the deadline and had to rush and do everything together. I also got an invitation for interview as well.

So this is to tell that there is no ideal period of time that you should always take to complete an application. However, the more time you can allot for one application, the better your chances that you will develop a sound and compelling one

Kudos [?]: 59 [0], given: 2

BSchool Forum Moderator

Kudos [?]: 230 [0], given: 158

Concentration: Strategy, Other
Schools: Johnson (Cornell) - Class of 2017
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V40
GPA: 2.48
WE: Engineering (Other)
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 17 Dec 2014, 12:26
Every school is different and so is every applicant. The process and time from person to person and from school to school will vary.

My best advice is to collect and consolidate all of your best attributes and stories (both professional and personal) and then research your target schools to find out what they look for and how you envision yourself fitting into their class and contributing to their communities.

Then start writing drafts based on the strategy you develop from that phase and just edit and rewrite until you're left with a product that you're at least 90% confident in (you'll never get to 100%).

For me, after spending about 2 months in the first phase. It took about 2 weeks per school to finish the rest. I would not suggest just "banging" them all out in a day because it's nice to let the essays sit for a while and revisit them with a renewed perspective. It'll help you see things you didn't see before.

Good Luck!

My GMAT Journey: A surprising 730!

My Application experience: Low GPA Success!

Kudos [?]: 230 [0], given: 158

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Show Tags

New post 26 Nov 2015, 04:48
I don't believe there is any one rule here that will tell you how long it will take to write the business school application. There are many variables. Is this your first application? How strong of a writer are you? How much research have you done on the school. I would think you would need at least a week of research (talking to students, alumni, etc.), two to three weeks for essay writing (brainstorming, editing, etc.) and another week on resume preparation. It's not something to be taken lightly!

Mike
Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 1

Re: Avg days required for 1 school application   [#permalink] 26 Nov 2015, 04:48

Avg days required for 1 school application

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap