GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 16 Jul 2018, 18:57

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

B-Schools in Canada

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.42
WE: Other (Computer Software)
B-Schools in Canada [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 05:00
I'm 28 years old. Graduated from Pune University, Pune, India with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engg. and Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, US with Masters Degree in Computer Science. More than 4 years full-time work experience (2 years on OPT and 2+ years on H1B Work Visa) combination of both full-time software developer as well as consultant.

My references from my former employers and transcripts from universities are ready.
GMAT due: third week of Jan'18.

I'm findin it difficult in deciding which full-time MBA graduate program in Canada to go with as my tuition budget is constrained to CAD 50K.

Waterloo
Lazaridis
Telfer
Alberta
DeGroote
Haskayne
Beedie
John Molson
Edwards

Are these options good for me?
Thank you for your valuable inputs and suggestions, in advance.

Best,
Sv
1 KUDOS received
BSchool Forum Moderator
V
GPA: 3.12
Premium Member
Re: B-Schools in Canada [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 07:20
Svaanand wrote:
I'm 28 years old. Graduated from Pune University, Pune, India with Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engg. and Wayne State University, Detroit, Michigan, US with Masters Degree in Computer Science. More than 4 years full-time work experience (2 years on OPT and 2+ years on H1B Work Visa) combination of both full-time software developer as well as consultant.

My references from my former employers and transcripts from universities are ready.
GMAT due: third week of Jan'18.

I'm findin it difficult in deciding which full-time MBA graduate program in Canada to go with as my tuition budget is constrained to CAD 50K.

Waterloo
Lazaridis
Telfer
Alberta
DeGroote
Haskayne
Beedie
John Molson
Edwards

Are these options good for me?
Thank you for your valuable inputs and suggestions, in advance.

Best,
Sv

Hi Svaanand

From the choices that you have mentioned, I would recommend Alberta.
You could check the prospects for other schools by talking to the students
who have passed out from those schools. You could reach out to those
students on LinkedIN or contact the student ambassadors to these schools
to understand which of these schools are a better fit for you.

Hope this helps you!

P.S Moving the topic to the appropriate forum.

You've got what it takes, but it will take everything you've got

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Dec 2017, 10:16
Thank you so much, pushpitkc! Really appreciate your help.

Best,
Sv
1 KUDOS received
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
S
Affiliations: 99colleges.com
Schools: Wharton

Show Tags

New post 24 Dec 2017, 20:10
Hi SV,

I don’t think tuition budget should be the starting point or driving force behind selection of schools. You should also include one or more reputed Canadian programs such as Rotman, McGill, and Schulich, even if some of them are stretch. The RoI of a reputed program in the medium to long term will be higher.

Anil, MBA (Wharton)| Admissions Consultant

Contact at anil@99colleges.com for your queries on MBA Admissions

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Dec 2017, 05:59
99Colleges wrote:
Hi SV,

I don’t think tuition budget should be the starting point or driving force behind selection of schools. You should also include one or more reputed Canadian programs such as Rotman, McGill, and Schulich, even if some of them are stretch. The RoI of a reputed program in the medium to long term will be higher.

Hi 99Colleges,
Thank you for pointing this out. I was skeptic about the RoI from Ivy League Universities in Canada based on some of "not-so-great" experiences of my friends in the US who graduated from their respective Ivy Leagues.
But, I'll definitely rethink on updating my list by adding programs like Rotman, McGill and Schulich (since my GMAT score will also be a crucial factor which will change the course of my application, I see my IETLS/TOEFL shall be exempted as I have a Masters Degree from one of the universities in the United States).
Such suggestions really encourage applicants like me to aim higher and I heartily thank you for that.

Best,
Sv
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 07:58
Hi there,
I don't know these schools well, but if rankings matter to you, you should probably be looking at programs like Rotman, Ivey, Schulich, Sauder etc. Obviously rankings are not the only criteria, you should do you research and select the best fit for you.
Re: B-Schools in Canada   [#permalink] 27 Dec 2017, 07:58

B-Schools in Canada

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap