It is currently 22 Aug 2017, 15:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Best Admission Consultants for Insead & LBS?

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 700 Q49 V36
GMAT 2: 730 Q48 V41
GPA: 4
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Best Admission Consultants for Insead & LBS? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 19 Jun 2014, 07:02
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Dear All,

can anyone suggest most suited admission consultants for Insead and LBS? Or more in general, for European schools (IE, Oxford...)?

It seems to me that most of the Admission consulting firms are US-based and focused, which as a European planning to apply to Insead and LBS do not seem as the most logical choice?

Thanks in advance for any advice/tip

Kudos [?]: 11 [0], given: 17

Expert Post
Admissionado
S

Kudos [?]: 934 [0], given: 48

Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School
Re: Best Admission Consultants for Insead & LBS? [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Jun 2014, 04:38
Joe00 wrote:
Dear All,

can anyone suggest most suited admission consultants for Insead and LBS? Or more in general, for European schools (IE, Oxford...)?

It seems to me that most of the Admission consulting firms are US-based and focused, which as a European planning to apply to Insead and LBS do not seem as the most logical choice?

Thanks in advance for any advice/tip

Hello hello,
We have a few Euro-experts working for us (as well as graduates from INSEAD). Drop a line!
http://admissionado.com/mba/free-consultation/

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Kudos [?]: 934 [0], given: 48

Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
S

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 2

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 02 Jul 2014, 08:12
Dear Joe00,
Aringo consultants team includes several grads from top European MBA programs. They are here for you to help you get accepted!
Feel free to read our clients reviews in order to see how many of them were admitted to INSEAD & LBS: http://gmatclub.com/reviews/aringo-345345501

I'd also like to note our success rate at INSEAD:
Aringo's INSEAD's acceptance rate: 68% (141 clients applied, 97 accepted).
INSEAD acceptance rate: 33% (estimated).

Contact us today to start working on your MBA application: http://www.aringo.com/MBA_Process_Registration.htm

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young

Kudos [?]: 302 [0], given: 2

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

GMAT 1: 770 Q49 V50

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2015, 06:58
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hello folks -

I'm a current INSEAD student and I just wanted to put in a good word for Laura Freedman and Access Education (www.AccessEducation.com.sg). It was an absolute pleasure working with her during my application to the INSEAD MBA program, and I would very highly recommend her to anyone looking to hire an MBA admissions consultant.

There were three main things that stood out for me.

First, her working style. She does a wonderful job of helping you get to know yourself better so that you can craft your personal story into the most effective narrative possible, whilst maintaining your unique voice. At the same time, she is very honest and straightforward, which really helped me get a deep and realistic understanding of my profile.

Second, her knowledge about business schools (especially non-US schools, and most of all INSEAD!), their admissions processes and what they are expecting from candidates is unparalleled.

And finally, her commitment to her clients is phenomenal. At one point during the admissions process, Laura was motorcycling in Spain on holiday, but ensured that we would continue to have regular calls at times that were convenient to me, without regard to the personal inconvenience to her. It was also very clear how much she cared about my application, and her enthusiasm also served as a source of encouragement and hope during the anxious wait for responses.

Laura would be a wonderful choice for applicants to any MBA program - and if you are considering INSEAD then choosing her is a no-brainer! Please feel free to PM me with any questions.

Kudos [?]: 9 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Leadership
GMAT 1: 660 Q43 V38

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2015, 03:23
Even though I've never actually worked with Adam Markus, I'd like to recommend him for LBS and Insead - I only had one initial phone call with him, but think that his methodics are the best for European schools and his success rate is amazing. Also, I've read everything from Adam's blog - it's an awesome source of information: http://www.adammarkus.com/blog/.

Now I'm doing the application process myself, but if I get dinged, I will definitely work with him for the next season.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2015, 07:20
Choosing Fortuna Admissions was one of the best choices I made during the applications process. From my very first consultation with Matt, it was clear that Fortuna was different. While most consultants I had spoken to were offering the conventional wisdom you can find online, the team at Fortuna was giving me personalized, unique advice. They were not just trying to guess what business schools were looking for. They simply knew what that was. Working with Caroline and Brittany was a pleasure and made the application process smooth, stress-free and fun. There was a clear roadmap and fast and effective feedback throughout the entire process. The team at Fortuna will spend as much time with you as you want. They will be there to answer any questions or concerns you may have. But they will not make you redraft an essay 20 times when it is not necessary. They will not make you work endless hours on stuff that does not matter or is already effectively written. They will not try to change who you are. Instead, they will focus on what is truly important and will help you turn a good application into a great one, making sure that your key strengths, experiences, accomplishments and goals are communicated to the admissions committee effectively. Especially if you are applying to INSEAD, choose Fortuna, relax and enjoy the process. And who knows, you may even get to know yourself a little bit better.

Kudos [?]: 0 [0], given: 0

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 48 [1] , given: 3

GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GMAT 2: 750 Q48 V46
GPA: 2.7
WE: Consulting (Telecommunications)

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2015, 06:14
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Hi,

I also highly recommend Laura from Access Education. I worked with Fortuna and Laura and Access Education was by far way better and personalized. Not only I got into LBS, INSEAD and Oxford with scholarships but the prep I did with Laura also helped for job interviews during the MBA and I was able to secure offers at almost every job interview I had. We worked on essays but also on my CV and interview prep and that was the best value for money I got. If you've a good profile and are looking for a way in to an ivy school, Laura will take you in for sure and provide the better service for the money out there.

Just in case, this is Laura's website www.accesseducation.com

Good luck.

Last edited by tchantchouna on 17 Jul 2015, 06:16, edited 1 time in total.

Kudos [?]: 48 [1] , given: 3

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

Show Tags

New post 12 Jul 2015, 06:50
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
You really can't go wrong with Laura from Access Education. While I didn't apply for LBS or Insead, I can say that, with her help, I applied and got accepted to IESE and HEC in R1.

I signed up for the comprehensive package and Laura was with me every step of the way, from helping me revise my CV, to editing my essays, to preparing me for the interviews. We spent a considerable amount of time discussing my background so that she could help me better understand my story and tell it effectively.

She is also extremely dedicated. Like a previous poster said, Laura was on a holiday in Spain while I engaged her help and she still took the time to have a video conference with me.

Laura is a master at trimming the fat from essays such that every sentence I wrote was succinct and purposeful. Also, since she did most of her editing together with me, by the time I had finished my last essay, I felt that I had become much better at writing.

Her interview prep was extremely detailed, and we went through twenty to thirty questions. She also provided tips which made me feel much more confident. When the actual interviews happened, everything went smoothly since I was well prepared.

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 1

1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Show Tags

New post 13 Jul 2015, 21:50
This post received
KUDOS
This post was
BOOKMARKED
Would recommend Laura from Access Education as well. Am a current LBS MBA 2017 candidate.

Biggest difference between her and other consultants was that she was the most sincere and trustworthy consultant I interacted with. She definitely knows her stuff and was able to give me the right guidance and the necessary confidence in my MBA application process. Most importantly, the skills that you get to learn by working with her on your essays and CV are valuable throughout the professional life and has continuous ongoing benefits.

She's been in constant touch with me even after I got my MBA with timely and relevant advice/tips/referrals to opportunities related to my career interests and currently I view her as a professional mentor as well. It's not easy to build that sort of relationship with another run of the mill MBA admission consultant.

Highly recommended!

Kudos [?]: 1 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Schools: INSEAD - Class of 1992

Show Tags

New post 14 Jul 2015, 08:05
This post was
BOOKMARKED
tchantchouna wrote:
Hi,

I also highly recommend Laura from Access Education. I worked with Fortuna and Laura and Access Education was by far way better and personalized. Not only I got into LBS, INSEAD and Oxford with scholarships but the prep I did with Laura also helped for job interviews during the MBA and I was able to secure offers at almost every job interview I had. We worked on essays but also on my CV and interview prep and that was the best value for money I got. If you've a good profile and are looking for a way in to an ivy school, Laura will take you in for sure and provide the better service for the money out there.

Good luck.

These are incredibly kind comments - thank you! My clients are truly awesome people.

I do think my background gives me unusual insight into international programs and the challenges facing international applicants. An American from New York, Boston and Chicago, I've lived 12 years in Europe, Eastern Europe and Russia, 10+ in Asia, and travelled through much of India over many months. I have several degrees from the US and Europe (including Cornell and INSEAD), and have visited most of the top US, European and Asian schools (and studied on the campuses of six). I'm also an ICF-certified coach, and I counsel MBA's with the Career Development teams of INSEAD, National University of Singapore's (NUS) MBA and the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy. My profile is here: http://www.accesseducation.com/about.html.

That said - there are a lot of good (and unfortunately some not-so-good) admissions consultants out there. I believe Fortuna perhaps is among the good ones, though we have very different service delivery models. The best tend to be members of AIGAC (the Association of International Graduate Admissions Consultants - http://www.aigac.org), our industry association.

You're best off speaking with several and seeing who you're most comfortable with before you make a final decision, since you'll be spending a lot of time with your consultant. Remember - you're not buying soap. It's about your future.

Laura Freedman
Access Education
http://www.accesseducation.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/lfreedman

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 8

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Show Tags

New post 06 Jun 2016, 21:23
This post was
BOOKMARKED
I first spoke to Laura Freedman at Access Education (accesseducation dot com) in December 2015. I was applying to European business schools (Cambridge, Oxford and INSEAD), and had heard that Laura is the best MBA admissions consultant for top European schools. My background isn’t that unusual (Asian\female\Wall Street\dual cultural background), but my age is an issue (I’m 34).

After interviewing 4 different admissions consulting companies, I decided to choose Laura immediately after our first consultation. Right off the bat, I found Laura to be extremely insightful, candid and direct. She told me straight out that my age was a potential weakness and had ideas for ways to manage it. I was also impressed by how quickly she was able to encapsulate an accurate summary of me and my value proposition to the different programs I was looking at.

Having successfully gone through the process and been accepted by my dream schools, I can easily say that hiring Laura is one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. While she helped in many different ways, the following areas really stood out:

1) Life and career coach

Laura is so much more than a MBA admissions consultant; she’s a life and career coach. She helped me to dig deep and pushed me to a level of introspection I did not think I could ever reach. She helped me recall stories from my childhood which I did not realize were significant but actually helped me better understand my personal journey and how it has molded me into the person I am today. She was also a Career Counselor at INSEAD and NUS in Singapore, so she had lots extremely helpful insight into my career goals and likely range of options. With a better understanding of myself, I am now clearer than ever about my future goals in life, both personal and professional.

2) Expert in identifying meaningful personal stories.

Laura is an expert at identifying meaningful personal stories. She kept pushing me to explain my stories in detail until she understood the reasoning behind them. She also had deep insight into my cultural background, since she’s spent her entire life moving between Asia, Europe and the US. I was very pleased with how my essays turned out. They are authentic and personal, and truly captured the essence of me. My friends read my essays and said it feels like me speaking to them, so true and alive.

3) A business woman, not just a writer.

As a senior INSEAD alum with many years of experiences in banking and consulting, Laura clearly understands the business world across sectors, functions and geographies. She truly understood my job functions and the challenges I face, which really made our conversations efficient and productive.

Overall, Laura went way above and beyond my expectations. I not only accomplished my goal of getting into my dream business school, but also developed a keener sense of myself and became a much better writer (all her editing is face-to-face).

I recommend Laura to anyone who is interested in top European business schools. I will also be happy to answer any questions on this forum.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Current Student

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 3375

GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 07 Apr 2017, 14:03
Hi All,

I am writing this post to share my experience consulting with Laura Freedman at Access Education while preparing for my interview for the MBA application at INSEAD for the Class of July 2018. I would absolutely recommend her to all current or future MBA applicants, who are seeking help towards any step of their application process.

I would like to thank Laura for the sincere, precise, and prompt support that she provided me at the time when I most needed it. Although I reached out to her just a week before my INSEAD interview and despite we both being in completely opposite time zones, she was able to respond immediately and help me out by answering my open-ended queries. Her support really helped me feel confident about the prep and enabled me to put my best foot forward during the interviews.

Most importantly, her feedback helped me transition my perspective of the interview process from more of a formal process to a two-way discussion between me and the interviewer in which both of us are there to know about each other. I fortunately got accepted at INSEAD, and I am still in touch with my interviewers who are now mentors rather than just alums of my dream school. Laura’s support during the interview prep has played a major role in helping me get here.

Her support has been an invaluable asset, and I would continue to seek her guidance towards my time during and after the program.

Thanks!

Kudos [?]: 42 [0], given: 3375

Best Admission Consultants for Insead & LBS?   [#permalink] 07 Apr 2017, 14:03