It is currently 21 Aug 2017, 10:45

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Booth 2017 intake essays help

new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 7 [0], given: 7

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)
Booth 2017 intake essays help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Aug 2016, 01:11
Hi all,
I am planning to apply to Booth in R1. Have been working on the essays.
Can anyone share their experience with Booth essays? Or any advice that you can offer?

Thanks a lot!! :)

1 KUDOS received
MBA Blogger

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Re: Booth 2017 intake essays help [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Aug 2016, 12:26
This post received
KUDOS
Hi! I am working on this essay too and my consultant says it is looking pretty good, so I believe him :)

What I did was:
-First, I made a list of every characteristic, program, activity or class that interest me from Booth.
-Then, I tried to find a common topic, for example: social development, entrepreneurship, international experience, etc, so that I could relate my interests to one of the photos. Based on the theme, I chose the picture.
-Then, I wrote the essay, relating everything to the topic of the picture I chose. There were some important facts I could not relate to the topic, so I am writing about some of them in the optional essay.
-Finally, what I am doing right now is trying to convert my essay to a power point, making a more visual version of it but maintaining the essence I want to transmit.

Are you planning on doing a power point too? I wanted to just go with the classic essay, but everyone I know who is applying is making a power point, so I was not sure.

Kudos [?]: 10 [1] , given: 0

Intern
Intern

Concentration: Finance, Technology
GMAT 1: 770 Q51 V42
WE: Analyst (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 13 Aug 2016, 23:04
Karol404 wrote:
Hi! I am working on this essay too and my consultant says it is looking pretty good, so I believe him :)

What I did was:
-First, I made a list of every characteristic, program, activity or class that interest me from Booth.
-Then, I tried to find a common topic, for example: social development, entrepreneurship, international experience, etc, so that I could relate my interests to one of the photos. Based on the theme, I chose the picture.
-Then, I wrote the essay, relating everything to the topic of the picture I chose. There were some important facts I could not relate to the topic, so I am writing about some of them in the optional essay.
-Finally, what I am doing right now is trying to convert my essay to a power point, making a more visual version of it but maintaining the essence I want to transmit.

Are you planning on doing a power point too? I wanted to just go with the classic essay, but everyone I know who is applying is making a power point, so I was not sure.

Hey thanks for the reply!
I too wanted to go with a traditional essay however my consultant suggested to do a PowerPoint! The problem i am facing is what question to answer with one of the images. Are you answering 'why MBA' or 'how will you contribute to Booth' ?

MBA Blogger

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40

Show Tags

New post 20 Aug 2016, 17:06
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:

I too wanted to go with a traditional essay however my consultant suggested to do a PowerPoint! The problem i am facing is what question to answer with one of the images. Are you answering 'why MBA' or 'how will you contribute to Booth' ?

I am focusing more on my contributions to Booth but also giving some background, which I think could work as a 'why an MBA'.

Kudos [?]: 10 [0], given: 0

Expert Post
Stratus Admissions Consultant
G

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Concentration: Marketing, Organizational Behavior
Schools: Kellogg
GPA: 3.67
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2016, 07:04
WhereIsMyTowel wrote:
Karol404 wrote:
Hi Karol404, Yes this essay can be a doozy... complex in its simplicity! We have counselors at StratusPrep with deep expertise about Booth and also strong experience coaching people on responding to this prompt. Here's an article by one of our Booth Counselors that may also help:
https://stratusprep.com/how-to-respond- ... y-prompts/

And if someone else needs a counselor- and many people for Booth applications are using a counselor... you may want to give us a call to find out how we can help. Free consult link is here:
https://stratusprep.com/free-consult/

Good luck to all of you!

What I did was:

Donna | StratusMBACounselor | Stratus Admissions Counseling

Kudos [?]: 69 [0], given: 32

Intern
Intern

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 26 Aug 2016, 14:20
A consultant recommended a PowerPoint as well. Think about it, would you rather review hundreds of essays or presentations? :P I was advised to lean very heavily on the visuals within the slides, showcasing a story mostly about me but tying into Booth's values.

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 9

Re: Booth 2017 intake essays help   [#permalink] 26 Aug 2016, 14:20