GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 09:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Bschool Intake Season

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Bschool Intake Season [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2017, 20:57
Hello,

It might sound a little stupid, but I'll still go ahead. Can some one please help me with below set of questions.?

--> Which is the other season than Fall for B-schools to be accepting admissions.
-->Which top B schools accept admission for the season other than Fall.?
--> What are the deadlines for those.
--> Does it make sense for an Indian student to apply for the third round for Fall Admissions. I have three years of experience. Have done an MBA before from one of the prestigious institutes of the country with GPA of 3.43/4.33; Have been working in an apparel company from three years, first in sales and now as product manager.

Thanks.
1 KUDOS received
Intern
Intern
Re: Bschool Intake Season [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Dec 2017, 08:08
Hello,
I'll try to help with some of your questions:

-->Which is the other season than Fall for B-schools to be accepting admissions? some schools has a winter intake around January.

-->Which top B schools accept admission for the season other than Fall.? Columbia has a January intake, and several programs in Europe.

--> What are the deadlines for those? you can find these on the schools' websites

--> Does it make sense for an Indian student to apply for the third round for Fall Admission? if you apply in the 3rd round, your admission chances will probably be lower than round 1 and 2. If the school you are applying to has a winter intake, consider waiting a while and applying in round 1 or 2 for that intake.
Expert Post
MBA Admissions Consultant
G
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Dec 2017, 03:39
jagriti25 wrote:
Hello,

It might sound a little stupid, but I'll still go ahead. Can some one please help me with below set of questions.?

--> Which is the other season than Fall for B-schools to be accepting admissions.
--> Does it make sense for an Indian student to apply for the third round for Fall Admissions. I have three years of experience. Have done an MBA before from one of the prestigious institutes of the country with GPA of 3.43/4.33; Have been working in an apparel company from three years, first in sales and now as product manager.
Thanks.

You can find a list of MBA programs with January intake here: https://aringo.com/mba-january-programs/

https://ARINGO.com/ – MBA Admissions Consulting

Specializing in candidates with GMATs under 720 or low GPAs

Try our free Admissions Chances Calculator - https://aringo.com/mba-admission-chances-calculator/

All statistics verified by Ernst & Young - https://aringo.com/aringo-mba-admission-statistics/

Expert Post
Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant
G

Show Tags

New post 05 Jan 2018, 18:04
One addition is R3 is traditionally considered the spring deadline so generally most scholars will have R1 - Fall, R2 - Winter, R3 - Spring. Generally you want to get your application in one of the first two rounds especially as an international applicant from an overrepresented group

Sent from my iPhone using GMAT Club Forum

Veritas Prep | Veritas Prep Admissions Consultant

Find the expert who’s right for you. Meet our team!
Veritas Prep Reviews

Expert Post
Admissionado
G
Schools: Brown University, Harvard Business School

Show Tags

New post 06 Jan 2018, 02:55
Some schools have spring/winter intakes. These schools are for the most part in Europe and Canada. Schools like HEC, INSEAD, IE Ivey, Schulich, Smith...

See above

Usually around March, but it varies

It makes no sense at all, and is in fact a bad idea. Most places have been filled. You likely won't have enough time to get your visa sorted. And you would have less chances than int he other rounds.

Hope this helps!!!!!

Jon Frank
Founder, Admissionado

Admissionado | Packages | Success Stories | Team

If you like the post, give it a KUDOS!

Re: Bschool Intake Season   [#permalink] 06 Jan 2018, 02:55

Bschool Intake Season

new topic post reply Update application status  

Events & Promotions

PREV
NEXT

GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions and Privacy Policy| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap