Last visit was: 04 May 2024, 03:43 It is currently 04 May 2024, 03:43

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [3]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
Send PM
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 148 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Personal MBA Coach Founder
Status:Boutique MBA Admissions Consulting from a Wharton graduate - Helping applicants get into top global business schools since 2008
Affiliations: Wharton, MIT
Own Kudos [?]: 359 [0]
Given Kudos: 11
Overall Client Admit Rate: 96%
Send PM
Re: Building profile for top 20 B-Schools [#permalink]
Expert Reply
aditya247821 wrote:
Hi,

I am an average Indian IT candidate. I am want to get selected in the top 20 B-Schools in the world. I will be applying to B-Schools in 2-3 years. Can someone please suggest how to build an exceptionally strong profile in the next few years. Please find my few details below.

B.Tech - KIIT University - 8.08/10 CGPA.
Current Employer - Accenture
Total years of experience - 3
Industry - IT
Technology - SAP ABAP
Some achievements - Started a social welfare society in college, played CBSE zonal level hockey in school, recognition at work from the client and within the team as well.

Thanks in Advance for your precious suggestion.

Hey Aditya,

I'll keep it short and sweet!

1. GMAT: As an Indian candidate, there is more pressure to do well on the GMAT than your global counterparts, especially for someone from IT. I'd be shooting for a 740+. If you haven't already, pick up a few Official GMAT books and begin doing questions and familiarizing yourself with the test.

2. Career Progression: The most important things admissions officers look for in your work experience are promotions (in relation to peers), responsibilty, and leadership. Take time to reflect on these three things and if you are falling short in one, sit down with your manager and find out how you can be a more effective employee and move up in the company. Schools want to see people with motivation and lofty career aspirations.

3. Passion: Someone else in the thread mentioned this and it's a very good topic. Business schools want interesting, well-rounded people who bring different interests to the table. Outside the office, remain dedicated to the things that make you happy and take up a new hobby or two if you feel you haven't explored new things in a long time. In an MBA interview, every interviewer is going to ask you what you enjoy doing in your free time and how you like to give back to the community, so really focus on your impact, both internal and external, over the next couple of years!

Regards,
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Building profile for top 20 B-Schools [#permalink]