It is currently 19 Oct 2017, 15:41

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Events & Promotions

Events & Promotions in June
Open Detailed Calendar

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  
Author Message
TAGS:

Hide Tags

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Sep 2007
Posts: 264

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2008, 08:04
No wife! No kids - Ann Arbor nightlife here I come!
My to do list:
:musband
:woohoo
:punk
:drinking
:panel
:read --> :help2
...and finally...
:love
:marriage

They'll make a Hindi movie based on my life! OOOH Yeah!

Kudos [?]: 4 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
avatar
Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 515

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2008, 08:59
clobo wrote:
No wife! No kids - Ann Arbor nightlife here I come!
My to do list:
:musband
:woohoo
:punk
:drinking
:panel
:read --> :help2
...and finally...
:love
:marriage

They'll make a Hindi movie based on my life! OOOH Yeah!

Clobo - I LOVE it. It's a great plan!
_________________

...there ain't no such thing as a free lunch...

Kudos [?]: 39 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 290

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2008, 10:56
about 30% on admissions411 reported interview invites and almost 40% on here reported the invite which is in line with the %age Michigan is rumored to invite. I believe no Indian applicants have been invited yet. or have they ? this is surely making me anxious. i haven't even got the application complete email yet. Any Indian applicants in a different boat ?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 07 Aug 2007
Posts: 1062

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2008, 11:04
What was the interview percentage for R1 at admissions 411?? I am petty sure it was about 70%. Around here it was pretty high as well- we had a 70% admit rate! so dont let the data get to you :)


A
pandeyrav wrote:
about 30% on admissions411 reported interview invites and almost 40% on here reported the invite which is in line with the %age Michigan is rumored to invite. I believe no Indian applicants have been invited yet. or have they ? this is surely making me anxious. i haven't even got the application complete email yet. Any Indian applicants in a different boat ?

Kudos [?]: 31 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 439

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2008, 19:39
pandey,
My application is complete but no interview invite yet.
I don't think you should worry at this point. Most of the R1 internationals got their invites pretty late and managed to get admits. NC submitted his app around 2 weeks before deadline and got his interview invite towards the end.
pandeyrav wrote:
about 30% on admissions411 reported interview invites and almost 40% on here reported the invite which is in line with the %age Michigan is rumored to invite. I believe no Indian applicants have been invited yet. or have they ? this is surely making me anxious. i haven't even got the application complete email yet. Any Indian applicants in a different boat ?

_________________

http://mba2010dreams.blogspot.com

Kudos [?]: 79 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 09:17
sperinko wrote:
pandey,
My application is complete but no interview invite yet.
I don't think you should worry at this point. Most of the R1 internationals got their invites pretty late and managed to get admits. NC submitted his app around 2 weeks before deadline and got his interview invite towards the end.
pandeyrav wrote:
about 30% on admissions411 reported interview invites and almost 40% on here reported the invite which is in line with the %age Michigan is rumored to invite. I believe no Indian applicants have been invited yet. or have they ? this is surely making me anxious. i haven't even got the application complete email yet. Any Indian applicants in a different boat ?


I think there will be more interview invites next week.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 09:50
dosa_don wrote:
ncp- I dont have children (yet) :) But my wife is definitely coming along.

You might want to ask Helg- I think he has kid(s).



ncprasad wrote:
Reposted from the admitted students forum

Children and GBR ?

Folks with spouse and children, are you bringing your children to the
GBR. I saw on the GBR web site that most of the events planned for the
weekend are not kid-friendly. So, what are you planning to do? Are you
planning to leave your kids at home with someone. I personally dont
have that option. Any ideas?

dosa, what are you planning to do?


A daughter. But I am sorry to say, we will not be able to make it to the GBR :(

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
User avatar
Joined: 30 Mar 2007
Posts: 496

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Schools: Darden '15
GMAT Date: 12-07-2011
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 11:35
helg wrote:
A daughter. But I am sorry to say, we will not be able to make it to the GBR :(


what do you mean? you are not going to Ross? what happened? did you get in a better school?
_________________

GO BLUE !!!

Kudos [?]: 22 [0], given: 0

Director
Director
User avatar
Joined: 24 Apr 2007
Posts: 589

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 12:53
I think he just means that he won't be at Go Blue Rendezvous.

Kudos [?]: 17 [0], given: 0

VP
VP
User avatar
Joined: 15 Jun 2006
Posts: 1124

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Schools: Chicago Booth
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2008, 12:54
Darden2010 wrote:
helg wrote:
A daughter. But I am sorry to say, we will not be able to make it to the GBR :(


what do you mean? you are not going to Ross? what happened? did you get in a better school?


LOL! I it is not so dramatic :-D I am just not going to the Go Blue Randevous

Kudos [?]: 45 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 09:25
Best in corporate strategy**

1 University of Michigan: Ross :punk :punk :punk
2 Harvard Business School
3 Ipade
4 Northwestern University: Kellogg
5 Yale School of Management
6 HEC Paris
7 Georgetown University: McDonough
8 City University: Cass
9 IE Business School
10 Washington University: Olin

Source: from FT 2008 ranking

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Current Student
User avatar
Joined: 10 Dec 2007
Posts: 327

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 09:28
uphillclimb wrote:
clobo wrote:
No wife! No kids - Ann Arbor nightlife here I come!
My to do list:
:musband
:woohoo
:punk
:drinking
:panel
:read --> :help2
...and finally...
:love
:marriage

They'll make a Hindi movie based on my life! OOOH Yeah!

Clobo - I LOVE it. It's a great plan!


Count me in! :lol:

Kudos [?]: 23 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 290

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:01
my GMAIL preview shows an email from Ross with the subject line "Ross Update: highlights from round 1 and 2". Any one else get that email ? anything interesting in it ?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:10
Got it as well...Nothing too groundbreaking, just goes over that Round Two Decisions will be out by 3/15.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 290

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:17
johnrt2001 wrote:
Got it as well...Nothing too groundbreaking, just goes over that Round Two Decisions will be out by 3/15.


oh ok .. that being the case i would think that they would want all interviews to be done by feb 15-20. which makes me think that they would probably send couple more waves of interview invites. Lets hope we get one this week.

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Intern
Intern
User avatar
Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 36

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:19
Actually it says that interviews can be scheduled up to the day before the decisions are announced...I already interviewed on 1/23...Best of luck to you though.

Kudos [?]: 2 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:43
Just mass e-mail. But there are some interesting points. The Ross admissions office is very satisfied with the results of Round 1. GMAT average is gone up to 709 and 5y average WE. I am afraid that R2 will be more competitive.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
avatar
Joined: 24 Jul 2007
Posts: 290

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 12:56
Shared Folders wrote:
Just mass e-mail. But there are some interesting points. The Ross admissions office is very satisfied with the results of Round 1. GMAT average is gone up to 709 and 5y average WE. I am afraid that R2 will be more competitive.



do they mention anything about increasing the class size given that the new building will probably be ready this year ?

Kudos [?]: 15 [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 26 Feb 2007
Posts: 114

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 13:19
pandeyrav wrote:
Shared Folders wrote:
Just mass e-mail. But there are some interesting points. The Ross admissions office is very satisfied with the results of Round 1. GMAT average is gone up to 709 and 5y average WE. I am afraid that R2 will be more competitive.



do they mention anything about increasing the class size given that the new building will probably be ready this year ?


I dont think that they are going to increase the class size. Another news is that Ross is only 27th in new FT 2008 ranking.

Kudos [?]: [0], given: 0

Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 19 Sep 2007
Posts: 185

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Schools: University of Michigan - Ross 2010
Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants... [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2008, 13:27
It's just one of those mass-mails with nothing significant to the applicant. Makes your heart skip a beat when you see it in your inbox though....

Waiting sucks! :drunk

Kudos [?]: 6 [0], given: 0

Re: Calling all Michigan 2008 applicants...   [#permalink] 28 Jan 2008, 13:27

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  56   57   58   59   60  ...  104    Next  [ 2061 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all [[Michigan (Ross)]] 2008 applicants...

  new topic post reply Question banks Downloads My Bookmarks Reviews Important topics  

Moderators: OasisGC, aeropower, bb10



GMAT Club MBA Forum Home| About| Terms and Conditions| GMAT Club Rules| Contact| Sitemap

Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne

Kindly note that the GMAT® test is a registered trademark of the Graduate Management Admission Council®, and this site has neither been reviewed nor endorsed by GMAC®.