Last visit was: 29 Apr 2024, 02:24 It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 02:24

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2013
GPA: 3.95
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Schools:Booth, Columbia, NYU
GPA: 3.36
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: General Management; Finance
Schools:Wharton (int); Booth (int)
 Q49  V42
GPA: 4.0
Send PM
Re: Calling All 2011 Booth Applicants!! [#permalink]
Kudos
stormbringer wrote:
Eilig wrote:
I got my interview invite a few days ago. Does any of you know, or can give a qualified guess, how high percentage of all interview invitees actually get an offer?

Booth gets, on average 5500 applicants. They have a class of 550. They interview 50% of the applicant pool so that's 2750 interviewed candidate of which 550 are eventually selected. That means you have a 20% chance of making it to the class if you are called for an interview. So from pre-interview to post-interview, your chances change from 10% to 20%. No biggie.

Above analysis does not include yield, which for Booth is significantly lower than 100%. The overall acceptance rate published in US News is around 25%...so you can probably make some basic assumptions to get to the interviewed acceptance rate.

debmalyadutta wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I applied in round 2. My application still reads 'submitted". Realistically, by when do interview invitations get sent out? Not sure if I should be hopeful till the Feb 16th deadline or whether its already the end of the road?

Can you please share your insights and experiences

Regards

Refer to the past 20ish pages of this forum...each day wait no further than 9:05 central time.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:Wharton - Class of 2013
WE 1: Investment banking
Send PM
longhorn07 wrote:
stormbringer wrote:
Eilig wrote:
I got my interview invite a few days ago. Does any of you know, or can give a qualified guess, how high percentage of all interview invitees actually get an offer?

Booth gets, on average 5500 applicants. They have a class of 550. They interview 50% of the applicant pool so that's 2750 interviewed candidate of which 550 are eventually selected. That means you have a 20% chance of making it to the class if you are called for an interview. So from pre-interview to post-interview, your chances change from 10% to 20%. No biggie.

Above analysis does not include yield, which for Booth is significantly lower than 100%. The overall acceptance rate published in US News is around 25%...so you can probably make some basic assumptions to get to the interviewed acceptance rate.

debmalyadutta wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I applied in round 2. My application still reads 'submitted". Realistically, by when do interview invitations get sent out? Not sure if I should be hopeful till the Feb 16th deadline or whether its already the end of the road?

Can you please share your insights and experiences

Regards

Refer to the past 20ish pages of this forum...each day wait no further than 9:05 central time.

From what I've seen I think Booth gets around 4,000 applications, not 5,500. If someone can point me to a site that shows 5,500 I'd be curious to see that.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Diddle wrote:
Had my off-campus interview on Friday at an alum's office in downtown Manhattan. I think it went pretty well, although you never really know with these things!

Do any acceptances go out on the mid-decision date or is this just the deadline for interviews and a decision point for waitlist candidates?

Hey Diddle,

I'm meeting someone in downtown Manhattan too. Do you remember who you met with and how it went?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
debmalyadutta wrote:
Hi Everyone,
I applied in round 2. My application still reads 'submitted".
Regards

Do you not mean "Complete"? I would be very concerned if my application still reads "Submitted"
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Randomwalk,

Sorry I meant 'complete' . It has been in that status since 22nd of Jan. Do you think it's a lost cause?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
I got an invite yesterday..submitted my app an hour before the deadline...
So they are still going out...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
debmalyadutta wrote:
Hi Randomwalk,

Sorry I meant 'complete' . It has been in that status since 22nd of Jan. Do you think it's a lost cause?

We are in the same boat. I wouldn't loose hope till Feb 16th. I also hear that, based on Round 1 invites, a lot of us receive invites on the last day. So lets keep the hopes up.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 139 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
Schools: Chicago (Booth) - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
WE:Project Management (Computer Software)
Send PM
Any invites today for anyone??

My heart is sinking further n further as 16th approaches... :(
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ghunar wrote:
longhorn07 wrote:

Booth gets about 4400 applicants (according to businessweek) If this number is correct and they interview 50% of applicants then they accept about 850 - 900 or so. Which means about 35 - 40% of applicants who are interviewed are admitted. I heard the yield is between 60 - 70% which explains the ~550 class size.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 58
Send PM
Kudos
dc3828102 wrote:
w103psp wrote:
anytimeuneed wrote:
any thoughts on what percentage of applicants are invited for interview and what percentage are admitted?

https://blogs.chicagobooth.edu/boothinsider

We invite approximately half of our applicant pool to interview each year.

I couldn't find the admit rate: https://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/community/stats.aspx

3,900~ applicants. 50~% interviewed. 1950 interviews.

22~% admitted => 858 admits.

Thus if you are invited for an interview, then chance of admission is 44%.

The target class size 590, yield => 69~%.

These figures make sense.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Concentration: Other
Send PM
scorpionz wrote:
Any invites today for anyone??

My heart is sinking further n further as 16th approaches... :(

I'm also waiting. Fingers crossed! We still have a chance!
Intern
Intern
Schools:wharton (R2-int), booth (R2-WL), sloan (R2-int), kellogg (R2-admit), columbia (R2-ding)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
I've been perusing this site for some time. Got an invite yesterday!

Submitted: 1/5
Complete: 1/22
Invite:1/9

Intern
Intern
GPA: 3.64
WE 1: 72 Months
Send PM
To all applicants who have had an on campus visit,

Do you know if the admissions office in the Harper center has a locker/closet. I would very much like to stow my luggage and do my visit here, rather than carry it around . I have a flight to West Coast the same day, so was hoping to go to the airport directly from Booth.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Schools:Johnson
GPA: 3.6
WE 1: IB-4 years
Send PM
esoteric22 wrote:
To all applicants who have had an on campus visit,

Do you know if the admissions office in the Harper center has a locker/closet. I would very much like to stow my luggage and do my visit here, rather than carry it around . I have a flight to West Coast the same day, so was hoping to go to the airport directly from Booth.

They have a closet. That won't be an issue.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 104 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 690 Q47 V38
Send PM
Nothing today?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
mba2011applier wrote:
stormbringer wrote:
Eilig wrote:

Actually I think of the 2750 interviewed, more like 1000 are accepted, since about 50% of them turn booth down, resulting in 500 enrolling. So chances are more like 35-40% after an interview

That's right! My mistake. :) Though historical yield for Booth is more like 65%; not 50%.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
ghunar wrote:

From what I've seen I think Booth gets around 4,000 applications, not 5,500. If someone can point me to a site that shows 5,500 I'd be curious to see that.

Well, a current student told me the average is about 5000 (last year's BW figure is 4400). I made it 5500 for ease in calculation. :P But I did not consider yield. My mistakes. That certainly ups chances to about 30-35%.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  109   110   111   112   113  ...  185   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts