GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 12 Jul 2020, 21:48

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 May 2020, 23:45
rosarosa wrote:
slimmz2004 wrote:
On a separate note, just got an email from the global director of recruitment for a one-on-one chat with an alum. Anyone else got that?

I do not receive such email. Does it mean anything? Can anyone chip in?

Do not worry rosarosa I did not get it neither, only two forum members reported they got it but seemed unrelated to the application process (like for example the 121 meetings with Marketing & Recruiting Directors they have, etc).

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 00:06
pabpinor wrote:
rosarosa wrote:
slimmz2004 wrote:
On a separate note, just got an email from the global director of recruitment for a one-on-one chat with an alum. Anyone else got that?

I do not receive such email. Does it mean anything? Can anyone chip in?

Do not worry rosarosa I did not get it neither, only two forum members reported they got it but seemed unrelated to the application process (like for example the 121 meetings with Marketing & Recruiting Directors they have, etc).

Regards,
Pablo

I believe you had to sign up for it. I received an email around 2 weeks ago asking about my interest to connect with an alum from my country. I expressed my interest and was connected with an alumni but I don't believe it has got anything to do with the admissions process.
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 12:05
I believe you can show your interest in those alumni chats from the event list when they pop up, check the list of events to see if you find any of your interest, on Wednesday there is a Masterclass on Long-term economic trends.

https://www.insead.edu/master-programme ... ist-events

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q165 V151

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 20:20
Thanks to pabpinor and IAMUTD20

I submitted on Apr 27 for R2, and INSEAD has been really quite silent
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 20:36
I'm already getting quite anxious for an interview offer! But most likely we won't start to hear until a week before the deadline, is that right?

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 22:52
rosarosa wrote:

I believe that another important factor on the dates would be the pool of candidates you are among (if you are American, maybe 50-100 apply each round, if you are Canadian maybe only 20, so it might take less time to send the first invites if most Canadians submit early). I'm speaking completely without knowledge, those are just my assumptions. I would say that you should not worry about it because you cannot change it now.

Another point would be when you submitted your video essays and when your recommenders provided their letters, the deadline was up to May 22nd and without them the application would not be complete.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
B
GRE 1: Q165 V151

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 23:17
pabpinor wrote:
rosarosa wrote:

I believe that another important factor on the dates would be the pool of candidates you are among (if you are American, maybe 50-100 apply each round, if you are Canadian maybe only 20, so it might take less time to send the first invites if most Canadians submit early). I'm speaking completely without knowledge, those are just my assumptions. I would say that you should not worry about it because you cannot change it now.

Another point would be when you submitted your video essays and when your recommenders provided their letters, the deadline was up to May 22nd and without them the application would not be complete.

Regards,
Pablo

I agree that I shouldn't worry as it is out of my control now, but the nerve kept crawling in. Btw I'm an Asian candidate who submitted everything on Apr 27
Intern
Intern
B
GPA: 4

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2020, 23:25
rosarosa wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
rosarosa wrote:

Regards,
Pablo

I agree that I shouldn't worry as it is out of my control now, but the nerve kept crawling in. Btw I'm an Asian candidate who submitted everything on Apr 27

Hi,

Even I submitted everything few days before the deadline but have not received any email stating that my file is ready for review. My guess is that a significant number of increase in applications + limited working hours + deferrals have kept the Adcom super busy! - They probably are working very hard to accommodate high applicants and deferral requests of Sept intake!
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: CBS

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 00:33
Hello everyone,

Got a quick question on the application and hope to hear some advice.

I submitted my application for R2, and I did not indicate "contact my employer" part as one of referee is my supervisor, so not sure whether it would be sufficient?

Also, I did not indicate "sponsorship" part, as I assumed that of course I will provide the funding myself. Is it a necessary information required for application?
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 00:50
Yes, I think it might be too soon to speculate as to whether there's been a real shift in the volume of applications (and therefore competition) versus what's normal. What I've heard more often though is that there's certainly been a yield problem that INSEAD is preparing for, with people declining offers given the likelihood that their MBA will be online. Has anyone heard similar? Or otherwise?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 02:38
Blissfullll wrote:
I'm already getting quite anxious for an interview offer! But most likely we won't start to hear until a week before the deadline, is that right?

I'm not sure if it'll be a week before the deadline. They usually contact you earlier than that.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 04:23
I've just got an email from INSEAD saying:

"In case you have not already received this information, we would like to inform you that due to a high volume of applications, we have extended the Round 2 interview decision deadline by one week. So, if your file is currently under review, 26 June is the latest date by which you should hear from us."

So it's said, the volume of applications has indeed increased.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 04:30
Does anyone know if INSEAD maintain a quota for each nationality?
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 04:33
[quote="tujnguyen"]Does anyone know if INSEAD maintain a quota for each nationality?[/quote]

I don't think there's a specific quota per se. However, what I've heard from current students and alums is that no one nationality represents more than 10 percent of the class.

[size=80][b][i]Posted from my mobile device[/i][/b][/size]
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 04:54
tujnguyen wrote:

Yes, they do. What's yours? From your name, it looks like you're not from an over represented pool.
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 05:00
AAspirations wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

Yes, they do. What's yours? From your name, it looks like you're not from an over represented pool.

Im a Vietnamese by birth and converted to Singaporean.

Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 05:02
tujnguyen wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

Im a Vietnamese by birth and converted to Singaporean.

It depends on your passport.
INSEAD School Moderator
G
Reviews Badge CAT Tests

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 05:11
AAspirations wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

I am with @doesgrwymatter here, what they say is that there is no specific quota, but they want a diverse class, so they won't have too many people from a certain nationality.

tujnguyen I do believe that being a Singaporean of Vietnamese origin, you can be fitted in any of those, you may have more options than others.

AAspirations, you can have multiple passports (not if you are Indian, Chinese or Singaporean) so it cannot be 100% related to your passports.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 02 Jun 2020, 05:14
tujnguyen wrote:

INSEAD have said that they do not have a fixed quota for each nationality. That said, I think they make a conscious effort to ensure that the student population is diverse.

From INSEAD's sustainability report in 2017 - 2018: "INSEAD has the most international and multicultural business school student body in the world, without fixed quotas; no single nationality accounts for more than 12% of our MBA student intake."
Manager
Manager
B

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 02 Jun 2020, 05:25
pabpinor wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

I am with @doesgrwymatter here, what they say is that there is no specific quota, but they want a diverse class, so they won't have too many people from a certain nationality.

tujnguyen I do believe that being a Singaporean of Vietnamese origin, you can be fitted in any of those, you may have more options than others.

AAspirations, you can have multiple passports (not if you are Indian, Chinese or Singaporean) so it cannot be 100% related to your passports.

Regards,
Pablo

If you're a citizen of multiple countries and hold multiple passports, then I don't know how they will see that. But having a percentage for each nationality is very similar to having a maximum quota.

Originally posted by AAspirations on 02 Jun 2020, 05:23.
Last edited by AAspirations on 02 Jun 2020, 05:25, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !   [#permalink] 02 Jun 2020, 05:23

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  20   21   22   23   24   25   26  ...  58    Next  [ 1145 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: uc26, pabpinor, MBAPrepCoach