GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 09 Jul 2020, 15:34

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 05 Mar 2020
Posts: 3
Location: Korea, Republic of
GMAT 1: 710 Q44 V42
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:47
Hello All - R1 admittee here, very excited to join INSEAD. However, I am concerned about COVID-19 and want to guarantee a stronger chance of attending a "normal" in-person MBA program. Has anyone already tried to apply for deferral? Any tips or advice on how to successfully get a deferral?
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Nov 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:51
1
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2017
Posts: 40
Location: India
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:53
AAspirations wrote:
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?


So far I have received only 1 email - With the subject - Receipt of your INSEAD MBA application.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 23 Feb 2020
Posts: 20
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:53
AAspirations wrote:
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?


Yeah, the ad com sent over a lovely email telling me that my file is ready for review.
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 30 Nov 2019
Posts: 41
Location: Lebanon
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:54
adiz1295 wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?


So far I have received only 1 email - With the subject - Receipt of your INSEAD MBA application.


Same here

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2019
Posts: 31
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 May 2020, 23:58
slimmz2004 wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?


Yeah, the ad com sent over a lovely email telling me that my file is ready for review.

Same for me.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 00:07
chanyb wrote:
adiz1295 wrote:
AAspirations wrote:
Did any of you get a mail stating that your application is complete and is ready for review?


So far I have received only 1 email - With the subject - Receipt of your INSEAD MBA application.


Same here

Posted from my mobile device


Just the receipt email for me too.
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 22 Nov 2019
Posts: 72
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 02:36
I'd say someone is going to post here once he/she gets an update. So we'll know when to expect things.
INSEAD School Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 05 Aug 2019
Posts: 275
Location: Spain
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 02:42
1
I got the first email and later a follow up asking if I had already my GMAT grade, I explained that I was taking it yesterday and that it could take up to 7 business days, they said not to worry and provide them whenever I get them.

So I assume that they will continue working on the other parts of the application review. Think that they only had a week to organize everything, most of the applications would be still in the essay-reading stage.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2017
Posts: 40
Location: India
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 03:49
pabpinor wrote:
I got the first email and later a follow up asking if I had already my GMAT grade, I explained that I was taking it yesterday and that it could take up to 7 business days, they said not to worry and provide them whenever I get them.

So I assume that they will continue working on the other parts of the application review. Think that they only had a week to organize everything, most of the applications would be still in the essay-reading stage.

Regards,
Pablo


Hi,

Just had a thought - Do we have to reply anything to the initial acknowledgment email?

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 05 Aug 2019
Posts: 275
Location: Spain
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:18
Hey, adiz1295 I do not think there is any need, I would suggest that best is to contact your AO only when needed (they should be quite busy so just FYI emails will mean extra useless work). Despite that, if you are missing something in your application, I think is better to ease their job by providing it before they have to request it from you.

That said I wanted to update you that I also received the email stating that my application is complete (despite not having provided yet the GMAT).
The interview notification deadline has been postponed a week to June 26th.

And another point even more IMPORTANT (I believe I already said that probably this was going to be the case), you SHOULD provide a GMAT/GRE before July 20th.

The tests are still a requirement, they claim the delay to the 26th due to the high volume of applications, so I guess this is going to be quite competitive and GMAT again is going to be a stronger differentiator.

Regards,
Pablo

adiz1295 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
I got the first email and later a follow up asking if I had already my GMAT grade, I explained that I was taking it yesterday and that it could take up to 7 business days, they said not to worry and provide them whenever I get them.

So I assume that they will continue working on the other parts of the application review. Think that they only had a week to organize everything, most of the applications would be still in the essay-reading stage.

Regards,
Pablo


Hi,

Just had a thought - Do we have to reply anything to the initial acknowledgment email?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2017
Posts: 40
Location: India
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:23
pabpinor wrote:
Hey, adiz1295 I do not think there is any need, I would suggest that best is to contact your AO only when needed (they should be quite busy so just FYI emails will mean extra useless work). Despite that, if you are missing something in your application, I think is better to ease their job by providing it before they have to request it from you.

That said I wanted to update you that I also received the email stating that my application is complete (despite not having provided yet the GMAT).
The interview notification deadline has been postponed a week to June 26th.

And another point even more IMPORTANT (I believe I already said that probably this was going to be the case), you SHOULD provide a GMAT/GRE before July 20th.

The tests are still a requirement, they claim the delay to the 26th due to the high volume of applications, so I guess this is going to be quite competitive and GMAT again is going to be a stronger differentiator.

Regards,
Pablo

adiz1295 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
I got the first email and later a follow up asking if I had already my GMAT grade, I explained that I was taking it yesterday and that it could take up to 7 business days, they said not to worry and provide them whenever I get them.

So I assume that they will continue working on the other parts of the application review. Think that they only had a week to organize everything, most of the applications would be still in the essay-reading stage.

Regards,
Pablo


Hi,

Just had a thought - Do we have to reply anything to the initial acknowledgment email?

Posted from my mobile device


Ahh, I didn't know that the interview and final decision dates are pushed.

Where have they mentioned that the extension is due to increased applicants? - I'd have assumed that its because of reduced capacity due to Work from home.

Thanks,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Aug 2019
Posts: 31
Location: Singapore
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:34
adiz1295 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
Hey, adiz1295 I do not think there is any need, I would suggest that best is to contact your AO only when needed (they should be quite busy so just FYI emails will mean extra useless work). Despite that, if you are missing something in your application, I think is better to ease their job by providing it before they have to request it from you.

That said I wanted to update you that I also received the email stating that my application is complete (despite not having provided yet the GMAT).
The interview notification deadline has been postponed a week to June 26th.

And another point even more IMPORTANT (I believe I already said that probably this was going to be the case), you SHOULD provide a GMAT/GRE before July 20th.

The tests are still a requirement, they claim the delay to the 26th due to the high volume of applications, so I guess this is going to be quite competitive and GMAT again is going to be a stronger differentiator.

Regards,
Pablo

adiz1295 wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
I got the first email and later a follow up asking if I had already my GMAT grade, I explained that I was taking it yesterday and that it could take up to 7 business days, they said not to worry and provide them whenever I get them.

So I assume that they will continue working on the other parts of the application review. Think that they only had a week to organize everything, most of the applications would be still in the essay-reading stage.

Regards,
Pablo


Hi,

Just had a thought - Do we have to reply anything to the initial acknowledgment email?

Posted from my mobile device


Ahh, I didn't know that the interview and final decision dates are pushed.

Where have they mentioned that the extension is due to increased applicants? - I'd have assumed that its because of reduced capacity due to Work from home.

Thanks,
Aditya


I would have the same thought with you too, as they have been mentioning partial activity measures and reduced working hours in the emails.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:43
I also got an email from my AO stating that application is ready for review. However no comment on the gmat
Where does it state that gmat score needs to be shared prior to 20th July. Can any one share the link. TIA :)

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2017
Posts: 40
Location: India
GPA: 4
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:45
aanchalxxxx wrote:
I also got an email from my AO stating that application is ready for review. However no comment on the gmat
Where does it state that gmat score needs to be shared prior to 20th July. Can any one share the link. TIA :)

Posted from my mobile device


Hi,

Who is your AO?

They mention that they'd need a score before making a decision on the application. So 20th July is inferred based on that I guess.

Thanks,
Aditya
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 13 Mar 2018
Posts: 6
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:53
Actually just received another email from the AO stating to take the gmat before 20th July and application is complete for review.
Has anyone else received the same email?

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:55
aanchalxxxx wrote:
Actually just received another email from the AO stating to take the gmat before 20th July and application is complete for review.
Has anyone else received the same email?

Posted from my mobile device


Yep! Just received the mail as well.
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 11 May 2020
Posts: 5
Location: Myanmar
GPA: 3.27
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 04:56
Just received an email from my AO Estelle that my file is ready to be reviewed! It also says that the deadline for an interview decision has been moved to 26th of June and that I should submit my GRE/GMAT score no later than July 20.

Best,
Su Myat

Posted from my mobile device
INSEAD School Moderator
avatar
G
Joined: 05 Aug 2019
Posts: 275
Location: Spain
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE: General Management (Hospitality and Tourism)
Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 05:00
1
aanchalxxxx wrote:
I also got an email from my AO stating that application is ready for review. However no comment on the gmat
Where does it state that gmat score needs to be shared prior to 20th July. Can any one share the link. TIA :)

Posted from my mobile device


Well, my AO email started the extension sentence stating that ...due to a high volume of applications,...

Regarding the GMAT my view is the same as before, and I believe it is quite reinforced by the email they sent (there is no link).

I cannot see any good reason for anyone to skip the GMAT(or GRE) really, even if your score is going to be lower because of the Online GMAT, bad luck, probably before July 20th you can retake at a test center.

If I was in the admissions committee I would be really wary of anyone without a GMAT or even providing it at last minute. Think of the other candidates who submitted their application in March with the GMAT, or think of your situation without the Covid without a GMAT on May 20th you wouldn't have been considered.

It is true that we have been disrupted by unforeseen circumstances but despite that, almost none has a solid excuse for not having taking it already. And those weak excuses would most likely weaken your application, they can reflect bad planning, attitude, low self-confidence, etc think that those are important points considered in our candidacies.

I would like to understand better why anyone still wants to delay it or try to get through without it, please share your opinions.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
avatar
B
Joined: 10 Apr 2019
Posts: 76
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2020, 05:02
1
sumo07 wrote:
Just received an email from my AO Estelle that my file is ready to be reviewed! It also says that the deadline for an interview decision has been moved to 26th of June and that I should submit my GRE/GMAT score no later than July 20.

Best,
Su Myat

Posted from my mobile device


I guess Estelle sent out the mail to all the applicants assigned to her. My AO is Estelle as well!

Regards,
Ameya
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !   [#permalink] 28 May 2020, 05:02

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  18   19   20   21   22   23   24  ...  56    Next  [ 1107 posts ] 

Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake !

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: MBAPrepCoach, uc26, pabpinor






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne