Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:52 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:52

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [2]
Given Kudos: 8
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
donesd wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
donesd wrote:
You will receive a standard email from your AO when all the materials are submitted (i.e. Essays, video interviews and recommendations). That is after the first email by your assigned AO after you submitted your essays. I received mine the day after everything is submitted.

Interesting,

I did receive the first standard email before submitting the video interviews my recommenders had submitted the letters but the email was open as if they may have not yet.

I did the videos three days ago but did not get anything else yet confirming that all is good.
I hadn't my TOEFL before and I got today the grades, so I sent it now, but that should not be considered now for a full application (as the GMAT).

My assumption is that they just have a ton of work this week so they will organize all the information to the readers, etc and by Monday will start processing all the admin stuff.

Now it is just a matter of PATIENCE! ;)

Regards,
Pablo

Yes. The second email by your AO is to inform you that he/she has checked through all your submitted materials and that your file is complete and ready for review. I presume it depends on the workload of your AO.

Also sharing on the subsequent processes, if you are selected for interview, you will receive an email from your AO informing that you are selected for the interview round. The AO will then email you a few days later the contacts of two alumni in your area for you to arrange an interview with them.

Thanks donesd. Do you know how long do we have to complete the interviews from the time we are informed that we are selected?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [2]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Kudos
tujnguyen wrote:
donesd wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
donesd wrote:
You will receive a standard email from your AO when all the materials are submitted (i.e. Essays, video interviews and recommendations). That is after the first email by your assigned AO after you submitted your essays. I received mine the day after everything is submitted.

Interesting,

I did receive the first standard email before submitting the video interviews my recommenders had submitted the letters but the email was open as if they may have not yet.

I did the videos three days ago but did not get anything else yet confirming that all is good.
I hadn't my TOEFL before and I got today the grades, so I sent it now, but that should not be considered now for a full application (as the GMAT).

My assumption is that they just have a ton of work this week so they will organize all the information to the readers, etc and by Monday will start processing all the admin stuff.

Regards,
Pablo

Yes. The second email by your AO is to inform you that he/she has checked through all your submitted materials and that your file is complete and ready for review. I presume it depends on the workload of your AO.

Also sharing on the subsequent processes, if you are selected for interview, you will receive an email from your AO informing that you are selected for the interview round. The AO will then email you a few days later the contacts of two alumni in your area for you to arrange an interview with them.

Thanks donesd. Do you know how long do we have to complete the interviews from the time we are informed that we are selected?

Hi,

For me it was 6 weeks. The AO will give you a deadline to complete the interviews. I presume it would depend on when you are informed of the interview decision, as well as when you are given the contact details of the alumni interviewers. I was informed relatively early, hence more time to do the interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
donesd wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:
donesd wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
donesd wrote:

Interesting,

Regards,
Pablo

Hi,

For me it was 6 weeks. The AO will give you a deadline to complete the interviews. I presume it would depend on when you are informed of the interview decision, as well as when you are given the contact details of the alumni interviewers. I was informed relatively early, hence more time to do the interviews.

I guess that for those who just applied, it would be more between 3 and 4 weeks as they will need then to get the interview feedback (+2 days), review it (+1-2 days min), and make a decision. I think it works best to consider the deadlines and count backward:

R2 final decision is July 17th; give them the last week for the final review and decision and you have that latest interviews should be done on July 10th; that counting for candidates who were notified on the deadline of Interview Decision, June 19th. That makes 3 weeks.
Surely many people will get the interview invitation sorted before, but also admission notifications are made 1-2 weeks prior to the deadline, which gives room to spread the interviews into a longer period.
You may get an early interview invitation and/or your batch may be evaluated later plus you may have sent your complete application well in advance, so max I would say could be 6-7 weeks and minimum 2-3.

I speak without insights, they are just my suppositions.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
Hi. Did anyone receive a mail from your Admission Officer saying the video interview component can be completed by the 25th of May instead of 22nd of May i.e. tonight?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
GPA: 4
Send PM
ronak1003 wrote:
Hi. Did anyone receive a mail from your Admission Officer saying the video interview component can be completed by the 25th of May instead of 22nd of May i.e. tonight?

I did!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
adiz1295 wrote:
ronak1003 wrote:

I did!

Hi adiz1295,

Who's your AO? Do you think this is an error?

Best,

Ronak
Intern
Intern
Send PM
ronak1003 wrote:
adiz1295 wrote:
ronak1003 wrote:

I did!

Hi adiz1295,

Who's your AO? Do you think this is an error?

Best,

Ronak

Hi Ronak,

My AO is JM. I guess they have pushed it out to 25th May since its mentioned for recommendations as well.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I could use more time to prep but I'm nervous about the dates since it hasn't been updated on the website. What if this is an error? Are you doing it tonight?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 49 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
ronak1003 wrote:
I could use more time to prep but I'm nervous about the dates since it hasn't been updated on the website. What if this is an error? Are you doing it tonight?

In all honesty, if your AO dropped you an email then it's definitely no error. You always have the email as proof if questioned at a later stage.

If prepping for a bit longer gives you more confidence, then why not :)

Intern
Intern
Send PM
ronak1003 wrote:

Hi Ronak,

I already finished mine yesterday morning.

With Video interview you just have to be confident and have a framework for any kind of question. Everyone feels a bit nervous but that's alright.
If I were you, I'd just do tonight.

Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
If you get an email from your AO INSEAD's email it should be legit, you should not question it that much.

I guess that probably many people were missing one of the letters and the videos and they saw that the platform would collapse this afternoon.

If they gave you three extra days make the most of it, but do not wait to be the last submitting, you should not overpractice, 1 hour would be more than enough, if you do not have time today, do them tomorrow. It takes just 7 minutes, there is no excuse for a delay.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Be careful guys. I received the email today (8 hours ago) and the date they mentioned was the 22nd of May for both the essays and recommendations (in bold).

I find it weird that they have sent different dates to different people...

Johnny
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
chanyb wrote:
Be careful guys. I received the email today (8 hours ago) and the date they mentioned was the 22nd of May for both the essays and recommendations (in bold).

I find it weird that they have sent different dates to different people...

Johnny

If your OA tells you I would be comfortable with it.

Anyway, to develop, I believe you got the first email that says that they have received your application and are looking at it, I got that email last week, if they got one specifying that they could do the videos and send the letters later would something different.

The ones that got the 25th as a date, you should ask asap your OA to confirm it, I think it can be true and this would not be put up in the website but could be an honest copy-paste mistake.

If you prefer to avoid any risk just take it now, you knew about it for months, the letters are something out of your hand, but the videos there is none else to blame.

Regards,
Pablo
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ronak1003 adiz1295 did you get an email with something like:

"Rest assured that if they have not yet uploaded their forms, your chosen referees will have until 25 May to submit their INSEAD-format recommendation forms (if you want to be included in Round 2).

By now, you should have received a unique link to the video component of the application. If you have not yet received this link, please contact our IT Support team (5555-ITservicedesk@insead.edu). Please complete your video interviews as soon as possible and no later than 25 May, if you submitted your application close to the deadline."

???

If so I believe it would be more a copy-paste issue, and would advise you to answer your AO and have everything by tonight. I understood that it was a specific message talking about an extended deadline to Monday 25th.

Keep us posted!
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Send PM
pabpinor

Yea. Thats the message I got. I've shot a mail to my AO. Got an automated reply that states restrictive working hours due to Covid-19 situation and that she'll get back as soon as possible. Thinking of not doing it tonight.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
ronak1003 wrote:
pabpinor

Yea. Thats the message I got. I've shot a mail to my AO. Got an automated reply that states restrictive working hours due to Covid-19 situation and that she'll get back as soon as possible. Thinking of not doing it tonight.

Do as you please, but I would strongly advise you against it, you got just the regular message with a different date, so I assume it is way more likely that your AO did a copy-paste mistake than a real change as nothing else was specified.

The OOO reply you got is in place since INSEAD moved remotely because of Covid, I mean even if you have the message, your only excuse would be that you delayed it from this afternoon because you just got that message, but INSEAD already advises against doing it last minute. You have 5h still to make it.

It is my honest advise, despite it may work against my application.
Anyway, in the worst-case scenario you will just be moved to R3, good luck.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [2]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All;

I just submitted the video Qs. Here are the Qs.

1. How would you help your classmate who is having a cultural shock or facing a hard time to adjust?
2. How life is meaningful for you today and tomorrow?
3. How would you cooperate with a colleague who disagrees with you?
4. What is your leadership style, if you given the opportunity to lead?

All the best, guys!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  16   17   18   19   20   21   22  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts