Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:36 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:36

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Schools: ISB'22 (WL)
GMAT 1: 720 Q49 V40
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi vj77,

I called up INSEAD IT team and they said it's a problem they acknowledge. If you were using double enter as I did, one way for you is to use single enter. Single enter doesn't get omitted.

Hope this helps.

All the best.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I have just completed my video essay components, which ended 7 months of preparation for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Felt a huge relief. Now just finger-cross and wait.

All the best for the rest who are finishing the application process. :thumbsup: :please:
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
tujnguyen wrote:
I have just completed my video essay components, which ended 7 months of preparation for me :lol: :lol: :lol:

All the best for the rest who are finishing the application process. :thumbsup: :please:

Well done! All the best.

Can you please share the questions you received?

Thanks
Johnny

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
I just submitted my application.
Can anyone share the next stages you went through if you already admitted or waitlisted?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
vj77 wrote:
Hi!

When I was pasting my Essays in the Insead application, upon saving they were getting converted into a single long paragraph(removing all line breaks).

Did anyone face the same issue?

Thanks

Kind of.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
vj77 wrote:
Hi!

When I was pasting my Essays in the Insead application, upon saving they were getting converted into a single long paragraph(removing all line breaks).

Did anyone face the same issue?

Thanks

Yes, that happened on the job essays only I believe.
A trick to go around it was to put a space after the enter, I spent so much time reviewing all the lines...
At first, I thought that somehow it was giving me extra character by not counting some, so I was leaving longer essays, then I found it and felt dumb.

Hopefully they fix it soon.

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
A new problem I am having is that my hotspot that is connected to my laptop keeps getting disconnected, particularly at night. I want to have my video interview at night since it is quieter then. Lot of noise from the neighbors during the day. (I don't live in America where it might not mostly occur). I don't know if it is because more wi-fi networks are available at night. A reason my wife gave for why her father's phone was getting disconnected is because there is a daily usage limit. I don't know what the problem with my phone is. I'm thinking of going to a mobile store tomorrow with this problem. I'll ask for solutions or buy a dongle with the hope that it doesn't get disconnected in the middle of the interview. You know, we have only one chance on the real video interviews!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
AAspirations wrote:
A new problem I am having is that my hotspot that is connected to my laptop keeps getting disconnected, particularly at night. I want to have my video interview at night since it is quieter then. Lot of noise from the neighbors during the day. (I don't live in America where it might not mostly occur). I don't know if it is because more wi-fi networks are available at night. A reason my wife gave for why her father's phone was getting disconnected is because there is a daily usage limit. I don't know what the problem with my phone is. I'm thinking of going to a mobile store tomorrow with this problem. I'll ask for solutions or buy a dongle with the hope that it doesn't get disconnected in the middle of the interview. You know, we have only one chance on the real video interviews!

Cannot you get a cable and connect directly to the router?
I'm not sure but maybe you can take the questions from a phone if you set up the browser in "pc mode", could be a solution, at the end you just need to read the question once and you can develop on a notebook on the side.

Regarding the noise the simple phone cabled earplugs with the mic usually work pretty well to get only your voice (if the mic is not pointed to you or it is a bit far it may not get anything xd).

Best of luck!

Regards,
Pablo
MBA Section Director
Affiliations: GMATClub
Own Kudos [?]: 8832 [1]
Given Kudos: 3034
GRE 1: Q168 V154
GPA: 3.4
WE:Engineering (Education)
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hi Everyone,

I am very happy to add pabpinor to the INSEAD school moderator team. He/she has been very helpful and actively participates in the topic. He/she has already applied to INSEAD Jan 2021 intake and a few other schools.

Congratulations pabpinor
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Submitted the application and completed the video essay. Fingers crossed now. Between, my video question were -

1. Time when your manager did or said something that motivated you.
2. Time when you faced or saw discrimination in your life
3. 3 characteristics that drove you to INSEAD
4. Biggest failure in your life and what you learned
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
sumitv86 wrote:
Hi..I have been trying to submit my INSEAD applciation for last 5 hours, but error message is coming that payment server is unavailable at present. Is anyone else also facing the same issue?

I know it's kind of last minute, but I have been getting this error message now. Have been trying for the past few hours. Does anyone have an idea if INSEAD will extend the deadline in such cases? I have tried to reach out to their IT team but they couldn't figure out the issue
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
driggnik479 wrote:
sumitv86 wrote:
Hi..I have been trying to submit my INSEAD applciation for last 5 hours, but error message is coming that payment server is unavailable at present. Is anyone else also facing the same issue?

I know it's kind of last minute, but I have been getting this error message now. Have been trying for the past few hours. Does anyone have an idea if INSEAD will extend the deadline in such cases? I have tried to reach out to their IT team but they couldn't figure out the issue

Hi there,
I submitted my application a couple of minutes ago. no issue at all. I would say, try to pay with another card. All the best
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abcxyz2019 wrote:
driggnik479 wrote:
sumitv86 wrote:

Hi there,
I submitted my application a couple of minutes ago. no issue at all. I would say, try to pay with another card. All the best

Thanks for the reply. I have tried VISA, mastercard as well as Amex, but all three give a server not responding error. May I know which country did you try to submit your application from?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 31
Send PM
driggnik479 wrote:
abcxyz2019 wrote:
driggnik479 wrote:
sumitv86 wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply. I have tried VISA, mastercard as well as Amex, but all three give a server not responding error. May I know which country did you try to submit your application from?

Sure
I am based in Canada.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abcxyz2019 wrote:
driggnik479 wrote:
abcxyz2019 wrote:
driggnik479 wrote:
sumitv86 wrote:

Hi there,

Sure
I am based in Canada.

Thanks! I was trying from India. I believe the payment gateway for some reason is blocked in my country. I used a proxy server to change my country to Canada and it worked!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
chanyb wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:

Well done! All the best.

Can you please share the questions you received?

Thanks
Johnny

Posted from my mobile device

Sure. My 4 questions are:
1. If you started a company tomorrow, what would your top 3 values for the company be?
2. why are you a good fit for INSEAD?
3. Tell us a time you had a cultural shock?
4. How meaningful would your career have to be for you to consider it successful?

Hope this helps. Hopefully everyone's technical problem can be resolved in time.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
GPA: 4
Send PM
Hi,

I am about to start my Kira Video interview.

I was wondering if the first 45 seconds of prep time gets recorded as well? - I usually write short notes for my answers during that time and don't look at the camera.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  14   15   16   17   18   19   20  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts