Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 14:10 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:10

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [1]
Given Kudos: 27
GRE 1: Q165 V151
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [1]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
pabpinor wrote:
Seems we just have a different opinion.

Surely there are extreme cases that can be perfectly understood but oversimplifying it, just think that you needed to have the GMAT beforehand, you did not prepare well, or you just went to the limit (like I did) and then you had some delay, if you still do not manage to provide the score, they have said it, you won't be accepted.
You can find endless excuses for it but correlating this with the lack of justice in the world... mate, you should review your words. It is disrespectful for the ones that really suffer in topics that matter, I am talking about comments that feel like someone is trying to cheat the system benefiting from a pandemic situation, bringing a smoke curtain of rights, equality, etc is nonsense.
The study should have happened before, you can always apply at a later round or intake, if you are unemployed (btw, I am) you can ask for taking the GMAT for free, etc.

We could debate about the fairness of MBA applications, etc but it is a completely different topic, and in objective terms, making excuses (if there are no material issues) for not taking a GMAT/GRE or trying to squeeze the deadlines to take it later does not seem fair for the ones that prepared and applied within the established terms.

Regards,
Pablo

DuaQuad wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
Seriously guys, I could not take the GMAT before because of a job interview and then Covid, but I do not see how we should not be kind of "downgraded" by the adcom somehow versus the candidates that submitted their applications with a GMAT score.

To be clear, a GMAT score (or GRE) is needed to send an application, due to this unforeseen circumstance the policy has been relaxed, but for anyone applying in R2 they should have had the GMAT taken before May 20th, otherwise, their applications would have not been accepted.
If you think you need more time, maybe is better than you talk to your AO and delay your evaluation to R3, but with the GMAT online available, etc I feel that taking the GMAT on July 15th, or thinking that "there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself" like DailySeeker should really weight you down and probably you won't make it in. It does not seem fair to the other candidates, and without any offense, I'm sure I would not like to have in my study group someone with that approach.

I'm just another candidate, you better check with your AO on that, but I would say if you have not started preparing the GMAT yet, with less than a month you won't be getting close to what it is required.

Regards,
Pablo

DailySeeker wrote:
Hello All,
Do we need to take the GMAT before 20th July?
Like shall i focus on GMAT now or wait for the school to call for interviews..there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself.

If the AdCom indeed adopts this view (i.e. those who did not submit a score beforehand were not prepared enough) it is severely disappointing as it neglects important factors to do with privilege and diversity that INSEAD boasts are its core values. The pandemic was not a great leveller - it has affected those who were worse off far more severely. So, for instance, lockdowns mean those with less room in their house to study in quiet spaces could not do so as easily as they used to do in public libraries. Layoffs or furloughs would put tremendous pressures on the lesser off to move home to parents - again no private space to study or take exams in your own privacy and comfort. What if you don't have parents nearby? The list goes on quite endlessly.

I submitted with a score by the way. But I disagree to downgrade the no-score applications. What a severe lack of judgment that would be. And at a time when the world is fighting for justice for those who've lacked it for so long.

Hey Pablo! Just to clarify - I was not attacking you. :) I was simply saying the school should take into account that the pandemic has hit the lesser off in a different way - hence don't downgrade the no-scores as there will be correlations to no-scores with the lesser-offs - there absolutely will be. Nor am I disregarding your opinion re. the potential 'cheaters'! Definitely not how I thought my message came across, did it? :) I will take your feedback though!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Kudos
GUYS....JUST GOT AN INTERVIEW !!!!!! OMGGGGGGGGGGG

edit: interview invite

Originally posted by slimmz2004 on 06 Jun 2020, 03:01.
Last edited by slimmz2004 on 06 Jun 2020, 03:18, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 35
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:

So happy for you.. All the best. DO share your Experience after...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:

Congrats!

When did you submit your application and which country/nationality are you?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
tujnguyen wrote:
slimmz2004 wrote:

Congrats!

Canada here, I submitted on the last day May 20th.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:

AhhhhhhH! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Huge step!!!! Amazing amazing!!!!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:
tujnguyen wrote:
slimmz2004 wrote:

Congrats!

Canada here, I submitted on the last day May 20th.

Thank you. congratulations again. All the best for the interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
I believe the school has been taking into account quite well the pandemic impact and showed how it cares.

They said that even if someone won't be able to take the GMAT/GRE (imagine a Chinese still in lockdown in a remote province without the option of the Online GMAT), they will evaluate with other means. But what gets me sick is that some people who could take it or have taken it, try to use this accommodation for who really needs it into their personal benefit when they should not qualify for it. That will just make the school really suspicious of everyone and someone in need may be challenged more than it should have. That behavior also goes against the basic ethical principles that any candidate must have.

Maybe my message was too general too, for most of us there are options, so I do not think they will have to make more concessions than the ones they already made.

Regards,
Pablo

DuaQuad wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
Seems we just have a different opinion.

Surely there are extreme cases that can be perfectly understood but oversimplifying it, just think that you needed to have the GMAT beforehand, you did not prepare well, or you just went to the limit (like I did) and then you had some delay, if you still do not manage to provide the score, they have said it, you won't be accepted.
You can find endless excuses for it but correlating this with the lack of justice in the world... mate, you should review your words. It is disrespectful for the ones that really suffer in topics that matter, I am talking about comments that feel like someone is trying to cheat the system benefiting from a pandemic situation, bringing a smoke curtain of rights, equality, etc is nonsense.
The study should have happened before, you can always apply at a later round or intake, if you are unemployed (btw, I am) you can ask for taking the GMAT for free, etc.

We could debate about the fairness of MBA applications, etc but it is a completely different topic, and in objective terms, making excuses (if there are no material issues) for not taking a GMAT/GRE or trying to squeeze the deadlines to take it later does not seem fair for the ones that prepared and applied within the established terms.

Regards,
Pablo

DuaQuad wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
Seriously guys, I could not take the GMAT before because of a job interview and then Covid, but I do not see how we should not be kind of "downgraded" by the adcom somehow versus the candidates that submitted their applications with a GMAT score.

To be clear, a GMAT score (or GRE) is needed to send an application, due to this unforeseen circumstance the policy has been relaxed, but for anyone applying in R2 they should have had the GMAT taken before May 20th, otherwise, their applications would have not been accepted.
If you think you need more time, maybe is better than you talk to your AO and delay your evaluation to R3, but with the GMAT online available, etc I feel that taking the GMAT on July 15th, or thinking that "there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself" like DailySeeker should really weight you down and probably you won't make it in. It does not seem fair to the other candidates, and without any offense, I'm sure I would not like to have in my study group someone with that approach.

I'm just another candidate, you better check with your AO on that, but I would say if you have not started preparing the GMAT yet, with less than a month you won't be getting close to what it is required.

Regards,
Pablo

DailySeeker wrote:
Hello All,
Do we need to take the GMAT before 20th July?
Like shall i focus on GMAT now or wait for the school to call for interviews..there is no point preparing for GMAT if profile get rejected at interview stage itself.

If the AdCom indeed adopts this view (i.e. those who did not submit a score beforehand were not prepared enough) it is severely disappointing as it neglects important factors to do with privilege and diversity that INSEAD boasts are its core values. The pandemic was not a great leveller - it has affected those who were worse off far more severely. So, for instance, lockdowns mean those with less room in their house to study in quiet spaces could not do so as easily as they used to do in public libraries. Layoffs or furloughs would put tremendous pressures on the lesser off to move home to parents - again no private space to study or take exams in your own privacy and comfort. What if you don't have parents nearby? The list goes on quite endlessly.

I submitted with a score by the way. But I disagree to downgrade the no-score applications. What a severe lack of judgment that would be. And at a time when the world is fighting for justice for those who've lacked it for so long.

Hey Pablo! Just to clarify - I was not attacking you. :) I was simply saying the school should take into account that the pandemic has hit the lesser off in a different way - hence don't downgrade the no-scores as there will be correlations to no-scores with the lesser-offs - there absolutely will be. Nor am I disregarding your opinion re. the potential 'cheaters'! Definitely not how I thought my message came across, did it? :) I will take your feedback though!
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:

Wow congrats!!! So two interviews, right?
Did you get it today? Or you just saw the email from yesterday? (I thought they do not work on weekends).

Any mention of the timeframe to do them?

Regards,
Pablo
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
slimmz2004 wrote:

Hey congrats man. How did you hear the news? email, portal update? Super excited for you.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 700 Q46 V39
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Kudos
Hi All

Just wanted to share something with you all

I am applying from the Middle East (not Lebanon as the majority of INSEADers are from there) to the D21 /R2 - my company is a multinational Supply Chain company valued at a single digit (in billions) figure but not a brand like Hilti or K+N (for the sake of contrast). My undergrad school didn't send anyone to INSEAD before (but note that it is AACSB accredited) nor did my company, and my CGPA is not crazy (3.5 / 4.00)

I applied without GMAT score but I've invested a lot of time and thought and effort in putting together a solid application (remember this is the one thing you have control over the most) and I just got an e-meet face to face interview and I'll do my best to ace it because I am THAT detirmend

few of things to notice

A. I am still focusing a lot on my GMAT studies and I want to not go below a specific score, I am setting for it early July
B. knowing my limitations, I understand that GMAT will not be my strongest application element
C. but I will do my best in my interviews and I will make sure that the things I have control over the most are what would stand out

so my input it in short: you only dilute your value when you decide in your mind that GMAT defines you which will reflect clearly on how you write your application. if you are already putting together an application and thinking to yourself that only a high GMAT score will help you cut it, it means that you have nothing to show for but being a good test taker

Focus, give your 110% and whatever is meant to happen will just happen

All the best

ELATIKA
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ELATIKA wrote:
Hi All

I am applying from the Middle East (not Lebanon as the majority of INSEADers are from there) to the D21 /R2 - my company is a multinational Supply Chain company valued at a single digit (in billions) figure but not a brand like Hilti or K+N (for the sake of contrast). My undergrad school didn't send anyone to INSEAD before (but note that it is AACSB accredited) nor did my company, and my CGPA is not crazy (3.5 / 4.00)

I applied without GMAT score but I've invested a lot of time and thought and effort in putting together a solid application (remember this is the one thing you have control over the most) and I just got an e-meet face to face interview and I'll do my best to ace it because I am THAT detirmend

few of things to notice

A. I am still focusing a lot on my GMAT studies and I want to not go below a specific score, I am setting for it early July
B. knowing my limitations, I understand that GMAT will not be my strongest application element
C. but I will do my best in my interviews and I will make sure that the things I have control over the most are what would stand out

so my input it in short: you only dilute your value when you decide in your mind that GMAT defines you which will reflect clearly on how you write your application. if you are already putting together an application and thinking to yourself that only a high GMAT score will help you cut it, it means that you have nothing to show for but being a good test taker

All the best

ELATIKA

Congrats Elatika.

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Congratulations!

And thanks for your wise words. Truly the GMAT is not everything and there can be more important points on someone's application.

Best of luck with the interviews, though you do not seem to need it, just execute as you planned :)

Regards,
Pablo

ELATIKA wrote:
Hi All

few of things to notice

All the best

ELATIKA
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [4]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Kudos
Just got an interview offer! AO is EL

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Congratulations @blissfulll
When did you submit the application, and which country you belong to?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 670 Q46 V36
GMAT 2: 690 Q50 V34
Send PM
Invites are coming in. Exciting times :) nothing for me yet...

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V44 (Online)
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
-

Originally posted by Blissfullll on 06 Jun 2020, 04:53.
Last edited by Blissfullll on 07 Jul 2020, 05:30, edited 1 time in total.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  24   25   26   27   28   29   30  ...  84   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts