Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 06:14 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 06:14

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 89
Schools: Fuqua '23 (D)
GPA: 3.75
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [3]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all Applicants: INSEAD January 2021 Intake ! [#permalink]
Kudos
Going through the early posts on this forum, I found that candidates based in India got his/her interviews invitation only hours before the R1 deadline.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 41 [0]
GRE 1: Q160 V160
Send PM
jmms89 wrote:
meme2019 wrote:
INSEADIESE wrote:
meme2019 wrote:
Just got my invite.

Congratulations!

All the best \m/ :)

Who is your AO? & where are you from?

Posted from my mobile device

From Mexico and my AO is IR.

Congrats! And did you apply with your GMAT score or will you be doing it latter?

I took the GRE a while back and submitted those scores.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
meme2019 wrote:
jmms89 wrote:
meme2019 wrote:
INSEADIESE wrote:
meme2019 wrote:
Just got my invite.

Congratulations!

All the best \m/ :)

Who is your AO? & where are you from?

From Mexico and my AO is IR.

Congrats! And did you apply with your GMAT score or will you be doing it latter?

I took the GRE a while back and submitted those scores.

When did you apply? I got the same AO but haven't hear from her since June 8th when I got a application complete email
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 26
Send PM
Hello all,

As communicated in INSEAD email, We need to submit our GMAT scores before 20th July 2020.

Would the final decision notification(deadline 24th July) depend on whether the candidate has submitted the score before 20th July or INSEAD will give conditional acceptance stating that candidate can give the GMAT before the start of the course in January.

Has any of the AO's clarifed on this subject?
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 208 [0]
Given Kudos: 132
Concentration: Strategy, Technology
GMAT 1: 650 Q50 V28 (Online)
GMAT 2: 700 Q49 V37
GPA: 3.23
WE:General Management (Real Estate)
Send PM
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

As communicated in INSEAD email, We need to submit our GMAT scores before 20th July 2020.

Would the final decision notification(deadline 24th July) depend on whether the candidate has submitted the score before 20th July or INSEAD will give conditional acceptance stating that candidate can give the GMAT before the start of the course in January.

I had not noticed that they moved the decision deadline to July 24th! It makes sense since they moved to June 26th the interview notification.

Have you taken already this week the GMAT? How it was?

I do think your question answers itself, are you trying to get someone to tell you that you do not need to provide the GMAT?¿? If you must provide it before July 20th you must, period. They said that they need the GMAT to make a decision, I do not see much interpretation leeway there, you can always ask your AO about it.

Regards,
Pablo
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36 (Online)
GPA: 4
Send PM
I had checked, they need us to prove that we have taken a GMAT by 20th July, failing which no acceptance offer will be made.

DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

Intern
Intern
Send PM
I think the mail is plenty clear that a GMAT score is required before getting an acceptance offer. I think pabpinor is correct is assuming that you want someone to say that the score isn’t required when INSEAD itself has said that the score is mandatory and hasn’t waived off the requirement. Focus instead in getting a score and making your application the best it can be and chill
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [0]
Given Kudos: 407
Send PM
pabpinor wrote:
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

I had not noticed that they moved the decision deadline to July 24th! It makes sense since they moved to June 26th the interview notification.

I do think your question answers itself, are you trying to get someone to tell you that you do not need to provide the GMAT?¿? If you must provide it before July 20th you must, period. They said that they need the GMAT to make a decision, I do not see much interpretation leeway there, you can always ask your AO about it.

Regards,
Pablo

Regards,

Originally posted by goaltop30mba on 18 Jun 2020, 05:01.
Last edited by goaltop30mba on 22 Jul 2020, 11:10, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
INSEADIESE wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

Regards,
Pablo

Hey, hope you are doing well.

I am from India, where the number of covid cases is rapidly rising day by day. I was hoping to give the exam when the centres open up, weirdly the gmat centres have opened up despite the worsening covid situation. Stepping outside to give an exam is very scary. Online gmat does not accommodate everyone. In most parts of the country, there are untimely regular power-cuts that lead to unstable wifi connections. It is what it is. Most of the schools in the US had made it clear that one could apply w/o the gmat, but the school would need a gmat score by "x" date for complete evaluation. Insead kept it a little ambiguous in my opinion, did not mention any specific date, which led to a lot of people thinking that the school would be giving conditional offers. I am one of those people. Had Insead specified the said date ie 20th July, as other b schools did, I would have applied in the next cycle, not this one. So yeah, i'm in this extremely weird situation.
I have asked my AO about the same. Insead is my dream school. Let's see.

Regards,

Hi. Since the lock-down in India is now lifted, I am finally taking the GMAT tomorrow.

I can totally relate with the Power-cuts and WiFi issues. I haven't been able to give a single mock without a power-cut, so definitely cannot take the online GMAT. We can pause and re-open the mock test but not the actual GMAT :)

Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
adiz1295 wrote:
INSEADIESE wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

Regards,
Pablo

I am from India, where the number of covid cases is rapidly rising day by day. I was hoping to give the exam when the centres open up, weirdly the gmat centres have opened up despite the worsening covid situation. Stepping outside to give an exam is very scary. Online gmat does not accommodate everyone. In most parts of the country, there are untimely regular power-cuts that lead to unstable wifi connections. It is what it is. Most of the schools in the US had made it clear that one could apply w/o the gmat, but the school would need a gmat score by "x" date for complete evaluation. Insead kept it a little ambiguous in my opinion, did not mention any specific date, which led to a lot of people thinking that the school would be giving conditional offers. I am one of those people. Had Insead specified the said date ie 20th July, as other b schools did, I would have applied in the next cycle, not this one. So yeah, i'm in this extremely weird situation.

Regards,

Hi. Since the lock-down in India is now lifted, I am finally taking the GMAT tomorrow.

I can totally relate with the Power-cuts and WiFi issues. I haven't been able to give a single mock without a power-cut, so definitely cannot take the online GMAT. We can pause and re-open the mock test but not the actual GMAT :)

Thanks.

Great ! exactly my point ie online gmat is not a feasible option for everyone. I was hoping not to disclose my precise location, but still, here it goes. I am from delhi. now most of the states in our country, like Delhi, are currently seeing major surge in the number of cases. So I am not willing to risk getting infected for the sake of an exam :), not trying to de-motivate you, just acknowledging what the current situation in my country is.

All the best for your exam \m/ :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
Hi all, regarding GMAT scores, this is INSEAD's stand (https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/updates)

"You can now initially apply for INSEAD Master Programmes without a GMAT, GRE, EA or TOEFL test score, however, you will still need to submit the scores as soon as they become available as they remain important elements for the final admissions decision."

So one needs to submit the gmat score in order to receive an offer it seems.

Manager
Manager
Send PM
[quote="donesd"]Hi all, regarding GMAT scores, this is INSEAD's stand (https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/updates)

regards

Originally posted by goaltop30mba on 18 Jun 2020, 05:23.
Last edited by goaltop30mba on 22 Jul 2020, 11:11, edited 1 time in total.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
As far as I remember, this was always their stand..

donesd wrote:
Hi all, regarding GMAT scores, this is INSEAD's stand (https://www.insead.edu/master-programmes/updates)

"You can now initially apply for INSEAD Master Programmes without a GMAT, GRE, EA or TOEFL test score, however, you will still need to submit the scores as soon as they become available as they remain important elements for the final admissions decision."

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
INSEADIESE wrote:
adiz1295 wrote:
INSEADIESE wrote:
pabpinor wrote:
DailySeeker wrote:
Hello all,

Regards,
Pablo

Regards,

Thanks.

Great ! exactly my point ie online gmat is not a feasible option for everyone. I was hoping not to disclose my precise location, but still, here it goes. I am from delhi. now most of the states in our country, like Delhi, are currently seeing major surge in the number of cases. So I am not willing to risk getting infected for the sake of an exam :), not trying to de-motivate you, just acknowledging what the current situation in my country is.

All the best for your exam \m/ :)

Haha! - Thanks!
I am from a much smaller town with fewer cases :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
How can you interpret from the above that a score will not be required? Regardless of the date, the message makes it pretty clear that no decision will be made without a score, doesn't it?

INSEADIESE wrote:
donesd wrote:

does the above text mention any date, 20th july specifically ? No it does not, so one can always assume that the school would be giving conditional offers. That is what i am trying to say. I have asked the AO about this. Let's see what happens. I am not the only one irked by this
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Send PM
AnkitLFC wrote:
As far as I remember, this was always their stand..

donesd wrote:

Yes... Just thought of reminding in case people thought they can get admitted without a GMAT
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 64 [1]
Send PM