Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 15:08 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 15:08

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Haas
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Haas (Attending!), USC (Interview - Withdraw), NYU (Interview - Withdraw), UCLA (Interview - Withdraw))
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
jawz2112 wrote:
Got the call from Peter Johnson himself. Stoked to be in the Haas class of 2012. Good luck to everyone!

congrats! did you get the call recently?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
jawz2112 wrote:
Got the call from Peter Johnson himself. Stoked to be in the Haas class of 2012. Good luck to everyone!

Congrats jawz! Enjoy the feeling. :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Haas (R2) admitted, Stanford (R2) admitted
 Q49  V45
Send PM
Just got the call!!! I' m in :-D :-D
Congrats to all the other admits and good luck for the wait for others
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I got the call at 4:39pm! Very excited about Days@Haas :-)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Got a call from Peter Johnson and got the haas merit scholarship. I'm so excited!!!!!
Good luck to everone. I'm sure a lot more people will hear the good news soon.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So are we all done or will there be more acceptance phone calls tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
I'm sure there will be some more admit calls tomorrow, but I did just take a look back at the posts from the R1 notification deadline and unfortunately there were only a couple of admit posts on that day but lots of waitlists and dings. I'm just clinging to the hope of a waitlist rather than a ding at this point. Seems like an even more selective year than usual for Haas.
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 698 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship, Digital Media & Entertainment
Schools:UC Berkeley Haas School of Business MBA 2010
 Q51  V41
GPA: 3.9 - undergrad 3.6 - grad-EE
WE 1: Social Gaming
Send PM
wow, congrats on a bunch of calls! Can someone update the first page so we have a good tally? :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Definitely more calls coming to those that interviewed on Wed :)

charliebrown0718 wrote:
So are we all done or will there be more acceptance phone calls tomorrow?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Product Innovation, Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg R2 (interviewed), Haas R2 (accepted), Wharton R2 (interviewed), MIT R2 (dinged)
Send PM
got a call this morning just 10mins after waking up. so happy to hear the news :) i'm in china.
Intern
Intern
Schools:SOM Round 2 (interview); Hass Round 2 (interview); GSB
Send PM
Any ideas at what time they will update the application status online? And is that the only way to find out about a waitlist/ding, or will they also send an email?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Kudos
I read through the earlier part of the thread when R1 applicants were getting their decisions. It looks like only the status online changes to let you know.

Honestly, I think the least they could do after a $200 application fee would be to tell us something like: "Thank you for your application. We appreciate your consideration of our school's MBA program for your future. Unfortunately, due to a high number of very qualified applicants and a limited number of spaces in the class, we cannot offer you a place in 2010 Haas full-time MBA class. Best of luck in all your other endeavors!" - sincerely, adcom.

A computer-generated automatic email along these lines would be just fine. There.

turtleturtle wrote:
Any ideas at what time they will update the application status online? And is that the only way to find out about a waitlist/ding, or will they also send an email?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Corporate Finance
Schools:Haas (R2 - Waitlist), Fuqua (R1 - Accepted), Kellogg (R1 - Ding w/ Int), CBS (RD - Int)
GMAT 2: 720 GMAT 3: 730  Q48  V42
Send PM
Good call, SnowinTX.

I know it takes a lot of time/effort to review applications but considering that we each paid $200 I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an e-mail and, for those of us that are dinged, some high-level feedback on how we might be able to improve our candidacy.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Kudos
snowinTX wrote:
I read through the earlier part of the thread when R1 applicants were getting their decisions. It looks like only the status online changes to let you know.

Honestly, I think the least they could do after a $200 application fee would be to tell us something like: "Thank you for your application. We appreciate your consideration of our school's MBA program for your future. Unfortunately, due to a high number of very qualified applicants and a limited number of spaces in the class, we cannot offer you a place in 2010 Haas full-time MBA class. Best of luck in all your other endeavors!" - sincerely, adcom.

A computer-generated automatic email along these lines would be just fine. There.

turtleturtle wrote:

I agree. I don't expect a call but some sort of communication is the least they could do. Do they at least post a letter online like other schools? I notice they don't use the apply yourself system.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
chrishelt wrote:
Good call, SnowinTX.

I know it takes a lot of time/effort to review applications but considering that we each paid $200 I don't think it's unreasonable to ask for an e-mail and, for those of us that are dinged, some high-level feedback on how we might be able to improve our candidacy.

Not sure if this has changed this year, but last year their policy was that they only give feedback to those that have either interviewed or were waitlisted. Pretty frustrating if you don't fall into one of those buckets, and even if you do I'm not sure what level of feedback is offered.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
snowinTX wrote:

turtleturtle wrote:

totally agree~
Manager
Manager
Schools:Kellogg (Rd 1 Ding), Stanford (Rd 1 Ding), Haas (Rd 1 Admit!!!), Booth (Rd 2-Int Ding), Anderson (Rd 2-Int Admit!!)
Send PM
Just got an email. Check your emails!

Waitlisted with interview. Better than a dinger. Good luck to all in your mba aspirations!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  42   43   44   45   46   47   48  ...  62