Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 06:19 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 06:19

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: General
Schools:Haas, HBS, Stanford, Kellogg
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Concentration: General
Schools:Haas, HBS, MIT
 Q50  V39
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Corporate Finance
Schools:Haas (R2 - Waitlist), Fuqua (R1 - Accepted), Kellogg (R1 - Ding w/ Int), CBS (RD - Int)
GMAT 2: 720 GMAT 3: 730  Q48  V42
Send PM
Re: Calling all Berkeley-Haas Fall 2010 Applicants [#permalink]
Waitlisted. This is the best outcome I could hope for considering I wasn't invited for an interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Dinged w/ interview. So done with this process.
Intern
Intern
Schools:R2: Haas (WL); HBS; Stanford; UCLA Anderson ($); USC Marshall ($$)
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.2 - Ivy
WE 1: Banking/Finance
Send PM
Waitlisted... after not hearing anything at all since submitting my app 3 months ago, was expecting a ding - happy to still have a shot! Going to start looking for some stats to see how many students Haas has taken from the waitlist in previous years!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Schools:Kellogg Class of 2012
Send PM
straight forward rejection :) oh well, don't regret a thing I wrote, and don't plan to dwell on what went wrong~ life moves on :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Send PM
Denied as well.
Current Student
Affiliations: CPA, CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Finance/Entrepreneurship
Schools:Darden Class of 2012
GPA: 3.5
WE 1: Big 4 Accounting
Send PM
ajoshipu wrote:
Hey fellow applicants,

I'm so proud of you all for giving it your best shot and applying to these schools. Although this is such a difficult and strenuous process and I have experienced every emotion on the spectrum from excitement to sadness, I think in the end I am very happy I went through this entire application season. There have been moments where I thought, "Okay I can do this ..I'm a qualified applicant ..I deserve this .." to moments where I have broken down, crying in the arms of my girlfriend as she consoles me and helps reconstruct my fragile self-confidence. I try everyday not to get swallowed into this endless cycle of checking forums, comparing myself to candidates, wondering if I measure up and watching as people jump to excitement when they get calls/good news and wondering...will that day come for me?

Well anyways, I'm nearing the end. All my results are almost in and out of 7 schools, I'm wait-listed at three, rejected from two, and waiting to hear from two. If its meant to be, it is meant to be. If not, life does and will go on. I'm actually happy that we all are motivated to apply to these schools because that means that we are doing so much in our communities, workplaces, and anywhere else we spend our time and even if the motives are to simply get that golden packet, you know what? Who cares? It still means that we are at the soup kitchens, working with the under-privileged, organizing fundraisers, collecting money for worthy causes or in my case, teaching students how to master the GMAT as a Kaplan instructor.

In the end, all of our efforts, whether they result in fruition or not, still make a HUGE impact on the world and thats really WHAT matters. Not the money, not the success ...but leaving our world in a better way than we found it! :)

Okay thanks all!

that's a really good outlook. thanks for sharing!
Intern
Intern
Schools:Wharton (R2 - int), Columbia (RD), Haas (R2 - int)
Send PM
Dinged with interview!

Wishing all the admits a big congratulations.

& to the rest of us, may we get in somewhere, but if not, we must remember there is always a reason/happy ending :)
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools: MIT (Sloan) - Class of 2012
Send PM
Waitlist w/o interview.

I was expecting a Ding with no interview invite.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Schools:UCLA
Send PM
Rejected here too....oh well!

I think I am going to get rejected by both my top two and may end up declining my other offers. An MBA might not be in the cards for me....
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Send PM
ding for me too!

oh well, makes my decision a little easier :) see some of you in LA or Seattle, i hope! :wink:
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Given Kudos: 20
Concentration: General MBA
 Q49  V44
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Ha! They did send an email! And the note online was almost the same as what I stated up above. I'm placated. 8-)

Roll call -> Ding without an interview
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Denied w/out interview :)

Does anyone know if Cal will be giving application feedback this year? Has anyone called the admissions office?

Congrats and best of luck to everyone accepted to Haas and planning on matriculating!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Dinged. Email at 12:01 PM PST.

740, 3.5 undergrad eecs, 3.8 masters, both from ivy league, 5 yr high tech, decent EC, 28yr male indian IT in cali

Good luck!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
Tough year to say the least :)

Where do you think you're headed alternatively?

joebloggs1 wrote:
Dinged. Email at 12:01 PM PST.

740, 3.5 undergrad eecs, 3.8 masters, both from ivy league, 5 yr high tech, decent EC, 28yr male indian IT in cali

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Consulting ,Entrepreneurship
Schools:Kellogg (2Y - Waitlisted), Anderson(ADMITTED),UCI(ADMITTED with $$$), Booth R2 ADMITTED)
Send PM
just got an email...dinged w/o interview..:(

Originally posted by WithHopesToWin on 17 Mar 2010, 12:55.
Last edited by WithHopesToWin on 17 Mar 2010, 12:58, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Real Estate, Finance
GMAT 1: 680 Q46 V37
GRE 1: Q46 V37
GPA: 3.14
WE:Architecture (Other)
Send PM
Add me to the dings...

No interview.
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Send PM
ajoshipu wrote:
Hey fellow applicants,

I'm so proud of you all for giving it your best shot and applying to these schools. Although this is such a difficult and strenuous process and I have experienced every emotion on the spectrum from excitement to sadness, I think in the end I am very happy I went through this entire application season. There have been moments where I thought, "Okay I can do this ..I'm a qualified applicant ..I deserve this .." to moments where I have broken down, crying in the arms of my girlfriend as she consoles me and helps reconstruct my fragile self-confidence. I try everyday not to get swallowed into this endless cycle of checking forums, comparing myself to candidates, wondering if I measure up and watching as people jump to excitement when they get calls/good news and wondering...will that day come for me?

Well anyways, I'm nearing the end. All my results are almost in and out of 7 schools, I'm wait-listed at three, rejected from two, and waiting to hear from two. If its meant to be, it is meant to be. If not, life does and will go on. I'm actually happy that we all are motivated to apply to these schools because that means that we are doing so much in our communities, workplaces, and anywhere else we spend our time and even if the motives are to simply get that golden packet, you know what? Who cares? It still means that we are at the soup kitchens, working with the under-privileged, organizing fundraisers, collecting money for worthy causes or in my case, teaching students how to master the GMAT as a Kaplan instructor.

In the end, all of our efforts, whether they result in fruition or not, still make a HUGE impact on the world and thats really WHAT matters. Not the money, not the success ...but leaving our world in a better way than we found it! :)

Okay thanks all!

very nicely said!

I think as applicants, we all do too much of comparing ourselves with others, at the end of the day, who cares if that kid with worse profile got into better schools, what matters is how we walk our own paths. I think real self-awareness helps here. Really, we don't need MBA admissions to validate the value of ourselves. If we can maintain the true self-confidence despite the set-backs from MBA admissions, we are well prepared for future challenges.

Cheers guys!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  43   44   45   46   47   48   49  ...  62