Last visit was: 23 Apr 2024, 21:55 It is currently 23 Apr 2024, 21:55

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Schools:Columbia Business School '13
 Q50  V42
GPA: 3.6
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Consultant
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Schools:CBS Class of 2013
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
Katecros wrote:
Long time reader, first time poster.

I applied ED on 10/6 and went under review 10/14. I'm preparing myself for a ding, however what is the general consensus regarding contacting the admissions about continued interest? For example, I visited campus and attended a local CBS info session, but was unable to attend an office on-campus info session. Would something like that help the committee if I'm stuck in the "maybe" pile?

Or should i just sit tight and accept that it is out of my hands at this point? Any advice/insight welcome.

Tx.

Don't really think that would help. It would make a difference if say, you mentioned your visit in your essays and what you wrote made your reason to attend CBS a compelling case.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools:Duke (Accepted + $), Tuck (Accepted), Wharton (WL), Haas (WL), Ross (Accepted), Yale (Accepted), Anderson (Accepted + $$$)
 Q49  V37
GPA: 3.7 from a top 5 US Engineering School
WE 1: 4.5 yrs management consulting at Top-tier firm and then at a life sciences boutique
Send PM
Someone who applied 10/6 like all of us and app went under review on 10/12 just got an invite today. A lot of ppl have gotten invites 30-32 days after app going under review, not submission and these are folks who applied in September mid-end. Close to the deadline the number of apps would have only increased astronomically. I applied on 10/6 and my app went under review on 10/15. I am still waiting keeping my fingers crossed. But I feel if ur app went under review 10/14, you are still in the running.

Katecros wrote:

I applied ED on 10/6 and went under review 10/14. I'm preparing myself for a ding, however what is the general consensus regarding contacting the admissions about continued interest? For example, I visited campus and attended a local CBS info session, but was unable to attend an office on-campus info session. Would something like that help the committee if I'm stuck in the "maybe" pile?

Or should i just sit tight and accept that it is out of my hands at this point? Any advice/insight welcome.

Tx.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
Sorry if this question has already been asked and answered somewhere. Does the interview invite come via phone or an via an e-mail notifying you have a change to your status?

Thanks. . .
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 60 [0]
Given Kudos: 295
Send PM
interview invite = email
admit = email and most likely a phone call
Intern
Intern
 Q49  V45
GPA: 3.72
WE 1: Tech Consulting
Send PM
Another quiet day...but I've got a good feeling about tomorrow.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Columbia 2013 (accepted)
 Q48  V41
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)
Send PM
Kudos
I just wired my $6000 deposit to Columbia. Included a note: "I choose to accept your invite for admission." I haven't been admitted yet, but figured a little aggression couldn't hurt.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Schools:Ross
 Q50  V38
WE 1: Consultant
Send PM
jackhrobbins wrote:
I just wired my $6000 deposit to Columbia. Included a note: "I choose to accept your invite for admission." I haven't been admitted yet, but figured a little aggression couldn't hurt.

This has got to be a joke right? Haha. If you really did, let me know how it turned out. LOL

Posted from my mobile device
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Affiliations: CFA
Own Kudos [?]: 142 [0]
Given Kudos: 64
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 710 Q45 V43
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
Send PM
That might work! They'll probably think they just lost the paperwork on your admit and just force it through.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Columbia, MIT Sloan, NYU Stern, Wharton, Stanford, Berkeley Haas
GMAT 2: 730  Q50  V40
GPA: 3.15
WE 1: Finance (5 years)
Send PM
Then they'll look at this forum and realize...!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Concentration: Healthcare/Pharma mgmt
Schools:CBS class of 2013
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
jackhrobbins wrote:

haha - i love the boldness :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Send PM
Question about the interview

When Columbia asks which other schools you are applying for, what do you say? Do you tell them which school you are applying for?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
EBSIFounder wrote:
Someone who applied 10/6 like all of us and app went under review on 10/12 just got an invite today. A lot of ppl have gotten invites 30-32 days after app going under review, not submission and these are folks who applied in September mid-end. Close to the deadline the number of apps would have only increased astronomically. I applied on 10/6 and my app went under review on 10/15. I am still waiting keeping my fingers crossed. But I feel if ur app went under review 10/14, you are still in the running.

Katecros wrote:

Tx.

My application went under review on the 5th. Sounds like a ding.

Its been more than a month. (36)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Concentration: Investment Banking
Schools:Columbia 2013 (accepted)
 Q48  V41
WE 1: Marine Infantry Officer (4 yrs)
WE 2: Aerospace (2.5 yrs)
Send PM
haha...no guys, I was joking. Just trying to add some levity to this board as we all chew our fingernails refreshing our email inbox 10,000 times a day.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
jackhrobbins wrote:
haha...no guys, I was joking. Just trying to add some levity to this board as we all chew our fingernails refreshing our email inbox 10,000 times a day.

I was inspired to do the same. Almost went ahead.

Its atleast different..haha
Manager
Manager
Send PM
jackhrobbins wrote:

hahaha!!! Awesome!
Manager
Manager
 Q50  V38
Send PM
Guys, don't worry. If you get in, fantastic. If you don't, then understand that chances are, the admit rate for CBS ED really is around 13% (J term admits is prob higher so it brings overall admit rate to 16%) so a **** ton of people don't make it through. Focus on other apps; it'd help with passing your time and at the end of the day, it can be a crapshoot.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 111 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy Consulting
Schools:HEC Paris, , Tepper
Send PM
When I think about it, I paid $200+ to pour my heart and declare my eternal love and commitment to a school, only to be told that I am not good enough for them. This must be the craziest thing I have ever done!

...not dinged yet, but as time passes, I cannot get rid of this idea of having done something truly crazy and illogical...
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  94   95   96   97   98  ...  198