Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 22:44 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 22:44

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Affiliations: CBS '13
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
 Q50  V44
GPA: 3.3 from top 5 ivy
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Send PM
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 1227 [0]
Given Kudos: 37
Schools:University of Virginia
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:LBS
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
WhoDat wrote:
HBS2011 wrote:

HBS2011.. Can I ask when you submitted your app? Thanks. Also applying Jterm and hoping its more like 8 weeks after its submitted vs 'went under review'..

Thanks

Very early once the app went live.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Information Technology (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Hi Guys,

I understand the deadline for ED is Oct 6th. Are there any differences in chances if i apply on the Oct 6th and if i apply earliar, say middle of August?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
HBS2011 wrote:

also got interviewed but for j Term. How long will it take for them to make a decision? Im hoping betweeen 1-3 weeks?

Took mine 28 days after it went completed.

hazay wrote:
hazay wrote:
Submission is complete with LORs - I would forecast 3 weeks to send an interview invite (my profile is a no-brainer, no one to be compared with, it s a yes/no decision) , and the final acceptation (hopefully) before the end of the World Cup :-D

3 weeks indeed :-D

But the interview application website is under maintenance for the last 5-6 hours, I cannot login... :cry:

Patience...

Cool! And actually I checked my last and took 3 and a half week to get one, so you were right... 8-)

Now I am starting to feel some pressure, though I'm not supposed to have any interview I am feeling I should get a feedback anytime in the next two weeks... :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
randomwalk wrote:
Hi Guys,

I understand the deadline for ED is Oct 6th. Are there any differences in chances if i apply on the Oct 6th and if i apply earliar, say middle of August?

Rolling process means first in first served so yes, there are differences in chances if you apply on the deadline or middle Aug... 8-)
Retired Moderator
Send PM
How does one know when the application is "under review"? I submitted my late on June 30 pacific time (July 1 eastern time) but I don't even see the "Submitted" in the legend box when you log into the application page being crossed off. I know it's submitted because everything on the application has said that it's successfully submitted. I was just wondering what you should see when the application is actually under review.

Thanks!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Hey guys,

Count me in for ED. I'm aiming to have my app submitted by middle of the month.

Question: On Columbia's online app, it asks you to upload an "unofficial" score report. Did you guys skip this part and only listed your scores in the text boxes provided?

I only have my official test-taker copy of my score report in a PDF file, is that what I'm supposed to upload?

Roll Call Updated
Retired Moderator
Send PM
soulmeetsbody wrote:
Hey guys,

Count me in for ED. I'm aiming to have my app submitted by middle of the month.

Question: On Columbia's online app, it asks you to upload an "unofficial" score report. Did you guys skip this part and only listed your scores in the text boxes provided?

I only have my official test-taker copy of my score report in a PDF file, is that what I'm supposed to upload?

I uploaded the official score, since I saw no harm in doing that. I also provided the numbers in the text boxes.
Intern
Intern
Schools:Columbia
 Q51  V38
GPA: 3.4
Send PM
hi guys, my app was under review at Jun. 4th and got interview yesterday. Hope can arrange it asap. Good luck to us all!!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [0]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
enya1122 wrote:
hi guys, my app was under review at Jun. 4th and got interview yesterday. Hope can arrange it asap. Good luck to us all!!

How many ED applicants have got an invite? other than hazay?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Send PM
Any signature questions for the itw at CBS ?

So far CBS strategy of the super early round is working on me. I didnt start any other applications. From what I understood from last year topic, once you are interviewed in ED, it goes really fast to get an answer.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
hazay wrote:
Any signature questions for the itw at CBS ?

So far CBS strategy of the super early round is working on me. I didnt start any other applications. From what I understood from last year topic, once you are interviewed in ED, it goes really fast to get an answer.

my consultant has a good writeup of CBS interview stuff on his blog: https://adam-markus.blogspot.com/2009/10 ... lumni.html

good luck and if you could post details of the interview when you're done (please), we'd all really appreciate it :-D
Aringo Consultant
Own Kudos [?]: 19 [0]
Given Kudos: 21
Send PM
Hi, there
What I did not get is that for the entry in September, except the early decision, there are two options which are (or maybe one because I did not understand the merit fellowship consideration deadline);

Merit fellowship consideration deadline: January 5, 2011

Regular Decision application deadline: April 13, 2011.

So, if I do not choose the ED path, for a entry in September would I be eligible for a fellowship ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
anyone know how important GPA is in the whole package for CBS?
2.7 and 3.3 for me according to the cal. method on CBS website. Will it be major problem?

Also, if my career goal is not related with Finance, what the chance to get an interview/ even a place at CBS?

Thanks in advance.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hello Everyone,

I just started on Gmat Club, impressed with the lot of activity on CBS forums. Count me too for CBS ED.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
amaterasu wrote:
Hi, there
What I did not get is that for the entry in September, except the early decision, there are two options which are (or maybe one because I did not understand the merit fellowship consideration deadline);

So, if I do not choose the ED path, for a entry in September would I be eligible for a fellowship ?

You have to submit by Jan 5, 2011 if you want to be considered for merit fellowship, regardless of RD or ED. If merit fellowship is not an issue for you, then you can either do ED or RD and for this latter you can submit until Apr 13, 2011 (though one piece of an advice is to submit way before Jan 5 even if you're going down the RD road).

schnellv wrote:
2.7 and 3.3 for me according to the cal. method on CBS website. Will it be major problem?

Also, if my career goal is not related with Finance, what the chance to get an interview/ even a place at CBS?

Thanks in advance.

As per tests and GPA you should check latest class profile (and look for top 80%).

As per finance career, I think that B-School are more concerned with alumni employment rates and post MBA salaries. Given the particular times we are living in I presume they won't give you a minus if you're not interested in a finance career as long as you are trying to have a career in a "solid" sector where you won't have problem getting a job and a good salary. But again, that's just my though.

Any movement today? Another friend of mine got an interview invite on friday, luckly enough I don't have to receive one myself, I'm already way too stressed ...
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 35 [1]
 Q50  V44
Send PM
Kudos
Marescotti wrote:
amaterasu wrote:
Hi, there

You have to submit by Jan 5, 2011 if you want to be considered for merit fellowship, regardless of RD or ED. If merit fellowship is not an issue for you, then you can either do ED or RD and for this latter you can submit until Apr 13, 2011 (though one piece of an advice is to submit way before Jan 5 even if you're going down the RD road).

schnellv wrote:

Thanks in advance.

As per tests and GPA you should check latest class profile (and look for top 80%).

As per finance career, I think that B-School are more concerned with alumni employment rates and post MBA salaries. Given the particular times we are living in I presume they won't give you a minus if you're not interested in a finance career as long as you are trying to have a career in a "solid" sector where you won't have problem getting a job and a good salary. But again, that's just my though.

Any movement today? Another friend of mine got an interview invite on friday, luckly enough I don't have to receive one myself, I'm already way too stressed ...

Another J-term applicant ?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Yep, all from my very same country (which is quite bad for me as there are very few chances based on stats that we're all gonna make it - the three of us).

Fingers crossed anyway!!!!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13  ...  198