Last visit was: 11 May 2024, 06:47 It is currently 11 May 2024, 06:47

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Schools:Wharton/Lauder - Class of 2013
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 55
Concentration: International Business, Other
GMAT 1: 700 Q44 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling All CBS 2011 Applicants!! [#permalink]
globalcitizen wrote:
chaoticsilence wrote:
Guys, know I'm a bit late in the race, but was wondering if there are any CBS admits/current students/alums active on the forum who'd be willing to give my essays a quick read? Planning to submit my app in a day or two.
Would be of immense help. Thanks.

Feel free to PM me as well! Would be glad to help out.

congrats globalcitizen! i notice you are interested in PE....is CBS your top choice? where do u intend to focus in PE?
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
peeweeherman wrote:
I applied on Jan. 3 and still have not received any status updates. When I log on, it just says Submitted and the date and time. My recommenders both submitted their recommendations by Jan. 5. Anyone else in a similar boat? Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
P.W.H.

You at least got the update about them printing the application and preparing it for review?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Concentration: Finance
Schools:R2: Stern, Yale SOM, Wharton, Columbia, Tuck
GPA: 3.49
WE 1: 3+ Engineer
Send PM
VictoryMBA wrote:
peeweeherman wrote:
I applied on Jan. 3 and still have not received any status updates. When I log on, it just says Submitted and the date and time. My recommenders both submitted their recommendations by Jan. 5. Anyone else in a similar boat? Should I be concerned?

Thanks,
P.W.H.

You at least got the update about them printing the application and preparing it for review?

Thanks for the response Victory. No, I haven't even received that update. I just received the intial email when I submitted the application notifying me that it was received and that's it.
Director
Director
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Schools:Tuck, Yale (ding), NYU, Columbia, Duke (int)
Send PM
peeweeherman wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:
peeweeherman wrote:

Thanks,
P.W.H.

Thanks for the response Victory. No, I haven't even received that update. I just received the intial email when I submitted the application notifying me that it was received and that's it.

I applied on January 23 (sunday), and immediately got the auto-response about thanks for submitting. On monday Jan.24 afternoon, I got an email that they were printing and preparing my app for review.

Honestly, it has been over three weeks for you. I think if I were in your shoes, I would give them a call. I don't see anything wrong about asking them if you're missing something etc.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 198 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Send PM
It seems like Columbia is really slow this year with RD interview invites. Wonder what's going on.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Honestly, it has been over three weeks for you. I think if I were in your shoes, I would give them a call. I don't see anything wrong about asking them if you're missing something etc.[/quote][/quote]

i dont think it makes sense to call and say "is there anfything missing". if there were something missing, it would post to your file. thats why its electronic, to make things more efficient. let it run its course. my file went "incomplete" because i mailed in a check instead of using a ccard.... that happened 2 days after submitting. so im sure if you are missing something you will see an incomplete status... also, check this out for a full rundown if you havent already:

https://www4.gsb.columbia.edu/mba/learnm ... hathappens
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
rockrock wrote:
globalcitizen wrote:
chaoticsilence wrote:
Guys, know I'm a bit late in the race, but was wondering if there are any CBS admits/current students/alums active on the forum who'd be willing to give my essays a quick read? Planning to submit my app in a day or two.
Would be of immense help. Thanks.

Feel free to PM me as well! Would be glad to help out.

congrats globalcitizen! i notice you are interested in PE....is CBS your top choice? where do u intend to focus in PE?

Hi rockrock! Thanks for the congrats! Same to you by the way!

CBS is my top choice so I am thrilled. Will be submitting my deposit soon to make it official.

My PE aspirations are not "typical" in that I'm interested in more social enterprise-y type of PE that is sector-agnostic. So a growth capital fund with a socially-conscious investment rationale (ex. check out Root Capital).

Any idea about what you want to focus on? And do you plan on matriculating as well?
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Send PM
peeweeherman wrote:
VictoryMBA wrote:
peeweeherman wrote:

Thanks,
P.W.H.

I didn't receive a single status update email until I got the interview invite. As long as you submitted everything completely, you shouldn't worry.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Schools:Columbia
GPA: 3.55
WE 1: 3.5 years Digital Media
Send PM
Hi, question for the forum (apologies in advance if this has already been asked and answered).

I submitted my application on 1/8, but my recommenders have been slow to get their letters in (rolling deadline is frustrating in this regard). One submitted on 1/23 and today my status changed to "under review," even though I'm still missing one. Does this mean they're actually reviewing it, or do they just not make a ding/interview decision until the second one is submitted? Thanks in advance for your help!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Schools:HBS, CBS
 Q50  V46
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
what's the longest anyone has heard of to wait for a decision post-interview? i had mine 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
One of my recommendations was submitted yesterday. I guess its going to be a long wait to hear anything from CBS. My application was submitted on 5 Jan. :roll:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
globalcitizen wrote:
rockrock wrote:
[

Thanks Global Citizen --- I'm with you --- I'm definitely going ! Unfortunately cant make the Feb Admit weekend - but will be there in april.... For me , Real Estate is my choice but not sure if I want to go into PE side or into development. Interesting firm, Root Capital... Social Enterprise is definitely whats sexy right now and I know CBS is adding a lot of classes to parallel the growth in the sector.... I'm super pumped to get started! Want to take time off but at same time want to do pre-mba internship to make sure i get some good experience to figure out 100% where i want to be. I envy those who take off 6+ months to travel!
Stanford School Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 38 [0]
Given Kudos: 68
Schools:Booth
 Q48  V45
GPA: 3.39
Send PM
Can someone post a link to the spreadsheet? There doesn't appear to be a way to view it except as it's embedded in the thread, which is difficult to read. Thanks.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2013
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
just received a ding email... went complete on 12/23... I was kind of expecting this thogh. good luck to everyone!
Manager
Manager
WE 1: 5 years consulting
Send PM
reimon wrote:
just received a ding email... went complete on 12/23... I was kind of expecting this thogh. good luck to everyone!

Why were you expecting it? Did the interview not go well, or were you dinged without interview?
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 5
Schools:NYU (Enrolling!)
Send PM
In the past it has seemed as people on this forum were getting calls on Friday. Anyone get any calls today? I know ED deferred candidates are supposed to find out by Tuesday, so this might be a high volume call day for admissions... or so I hope!
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 2
Schools:Chicago Booth Class of 2013
WE 1: Entrepreneurship
Send PM
progressiongirl wrote:
reimon wrote:

Why were you expecting it? Did the interview not go well, or were you dinged without interview?

Dinged w/out interview. I just thought my app was not as strong as other apps, and my entrepreneurial background in operations management and my semi-competitive GPA didn't seem to be a good fit. Looking back, I think it was not a great decision to apply. I did apply to a LOT of schools though, hopefully it doesn't backfire. Right now I'm 2 for 3 (interview invites for Booth and Darden - ding at CBS). I am waiting to hear back from lots of schools, all for Round 2. I have a very peculiar story and I wasn't able to tell it for the application at Columbia. My Booth app was much stronger. In addition, I know a number of Mexicans that have applied for CBS and got dinged, with admissions to Wharton, HBS, Booth... They're particularly harsh on us I guess. Anyway, it's a fantastic school. It still sucks that I got dinged haha. Hopefully the second one doesn't suck so much.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  152   153   154   155   156  ...  198