Last visit was: 20 Sep 2024, 18:21 It is currently 20 Sep 2024, 18:21
Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
 Q50  V35
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 61 [0]
Send PM
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
1 more week..... dum dum dum du du bop.
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Is there the possibility that they would extend the deadline b/c of the surge of apps?
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
kidderek
Is there the possibility that they would extend the deadline b/c of the surge of apps?

Not necessarily for cornell but an adcom at one school I talked to at one point said they were going to be really cutting it close to make their deadlines. Applications were up a lot more than they thought and so was the quality so it was harder to make the decisions than several years ago.

Probably not what you want to hear in a way...I think we all would love this to be a down year where all the superstars decided not to apply.
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
 Q50  V35
Send PM
[#permalink]
beelay
tauslu
robinantony
Got an email from Cornell today. It says something like:

Thank you for your application to the Johnson School at Cornell University. Please check your application status online for recent updates including notification of your current application status. If you have questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact the office of Admissions & Financial Aid.

If you last name begins with the letter A through H, contact XYZ

If you last name begins with the letter I through O, contact ABC

If you last name begins with the letter P through Z, contact DEF

Did you guys get this email? What does this mean?

I have not received such e-mail.

I received that email twice:

First time, I did not supply them with all the material needed to review my application, so I took care of that.

Second time, I got an interview invite.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

Well, I forgot to mention that I am in round 2. I hope I did not worry anyone by mistake...
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
Got the interview invite email this noon, yes ...on a saturday....i'm sure more people will be getting theirs soon ... looks like they will keep sending invites till 7th, at the very least !
Own Kudos [?]: 340 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_march
Got the interview invite email this noon, yes ...on a saturday....i'm sure more people will be getting theirs soon ... looks like they will keep sending invites till 7th, at the very least !

congrats
Send PM
[#permalink]
gmat_march

Congratulations! I'm in Ithaca right now awaiting my interview on Monday. It's quite cold so bundle up if you're coming!
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83
gmat_march

Congratulations! I'm in Ithaca right now awaiting my interview on Monday. It's quite cold so bundle up if you're coming!

thanks guys..and good luck kavet ! ...yaa.. I got a taste of the cold in ny this week ...
...had visited stern this wednesday, actually just got back to good ol' texas from ny an hour ago, after spending 3 days ... to discover I'll have to go back again...
GMAT Club Legend
GMAT Club Legend
Own Kudos [?]: 806 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General/Operations Management
Schools:Kellogg Alum: Class of 2010
 Q49  V42
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83
gmat_march

Started snowing there yet? They keep talking about the storm here in New England hitting Sunday night into monday so I assume tomorrow morning it should be coming down in that part of the north east.
Send PM
[#permalink]
riverripper
kavet83
gmat_march

Started snowing there yet? They keep talking about the storm here in New England hitting Sunday night into monday so I assume tomorrow morning it should be coming down in that part of the north east.

We do have some snow. The weather said by Monday we should have another foot here. That might make my drive home on Tuesday trouble, we'll see. I guess it's dumping on Michigan currently, but I left before it hit so luckily I had smooth driving the whole way here.
Own Kudos [?]: 233 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Social Enterprise
Schools:The Duke MBA, Class of 2009
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83
We do have some snow. The weather said by Monday we should have another foot here. That might make my drive home on Tuesday trouble, we'll see. I guess it's dumping on Michigan currently, but I left before it hit so luckily I had smooth driving the whole way here.

I'm so jealous that you're in Ithaca!!!

Don't know where you're staying, but if you want dinner I recommend Just a Taste - absolutely my favorite restaurant in I-town. It's on Aurora St, just off the Commons. Felicia's is a great bar, west of the commons on State St. Stella's in Collegetown has a great atmosphere. Fontana's is a lovely shoe store, also in Collegetown. Collegetown Bagels is sort of an institution and a good place to get a quick lunch.

But drive safely - the roads aren't great to begin with, and then you add the hills and idiots in SUVs who think that snow somehow doesn't apply to them. And a healthy influx of people from warmer climates and it can just get dicey.
Send PM
[#permalink]
I just had my interview at Cornell. I think it went well, I guess we'll see though on Friday. It seems that for us R1 applicants we won't hear the decision until Friday, not earlier most likely. At the end of my interview she told me that I would definitely get the email that says your application status has changed on Friday, but it might not be until Friday afternoon so I shouldn't panic. They were going to be very busy this week finishing interviewing people and everything and applications defintely were up a lot this year. So they're busy, but I'm glad it's less than a week away. And by the way, I think I'm in love with Ithaca. It's gorgeous here even with the snow and slightly slippery roads. Hopefully I'll have two years to enjoy it! And thank you aaudetat for the suggestions around here. I'm going to go to Just a Taste for dinner tonight! I'm also going to try to see one of the waterfalls around and get some good pictures. So far, it's been an excellent trip!
Send PM
[#permalink]
kavet83
I just had my interview at Cornell. I think it went well, I guess we'll see though on Friday. It seems that for us R1 applicants we won't hear the decision until Friday, not earlier most likely. At the end of my interview she told me that I would definitely get the email that says your application status has changed on Friday, but it might not be until Friday afternoon so I shouldn't panic. They were going to be very busy this week finishing interviewing people and everything and applications defintely were up a lot this year. So they're busy, but I'm glad it's less than a week away. And by the way, I think I'm in love with Ithaca. It's gorgeous here even with the snow and slightly slippery roads. Hopefully I'll have two years to enjoy it! And thank you aaudetat for the suggestions around here. I'm going to go to Just a Taste for dinner tonight! I'm also going to try to see one of the waterfalls around and get some good pictures. So far, it's been an excellent trip!

Good luck with the results Kavet, the interviews are not blind, right ? Any unusual questions ? I still have to schedule mine, it is going to be end of next week at best....looks like they will get back to us by Jan. notice date then ...
Send PM
[#permalink]
[quote="gmat_march]
Good luck with the results Kavet, the interviews are not blind, right ? Any unusual questions ? I still have to schedule mine, it is going to be end of next week at best....looks like they will get back to us by Jan. notice date then ...[/quote]

Well they were training second year students on interviews. So she was my main interview and that was blind. She had not seen my application only my resume. But the adcom person who was also in the room and asked me questions and things had seen my whole application.
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
4 more days to go...

dududududud... dum dum
Own Kudos [?]: 48 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Finance, Economics
Schools: HKUST MBA - Class of 2014
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
GPA: 3.2
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
[#permalink]
followed by plop.. (bubble bursting).. whinneeee and flushhh (another app going down the toilet)

EDIT: got an email from cornell telling me that my application is currently with the review committee. And Cornell wishes me well, followed with a couple of exclamation marks....

That either means

1. A ding or

2. State of confusion for the next 4 days
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 50 [0]
Send PM
[#permalink]
sorry, are all of the people here on interviews R1 applicants (I think the deadline for R1 was Oct 10 or something)? I applied Nov 6th, which is suppose is R2.
GMAT Club Bot
[#permalink]
   1  ...  22   23   24   25   26  ...  43   
Moderator:
BSchool Forum Moderator
0 posts