Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 02:34 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 02:34

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Concentration: Strategic Consulting/Brand Management
Schools:Cornell (R3-Admitted);
 Q43  V38 GMAT 2: 710  Q46  V41
WE 1: 5+ IT Business Consultant/Project Manager
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all Cornell (Johnson) Fall 2011 applicants! [#permalink]
redjam17 wrote:
Congrats BigRed2013! And hang in there moiuday... based on the number of people on the Cornell group, I think there's still some room in the class.

Yep... there and hoping to make it :| . Do you know how much time it takes for internationals to get their visa and other formalities done? I did read in the accepted.com Wait List Q&A that the school does keep a tab on that situation and hence would let internationals know in time for them to get their visa n funding arranged. (I am an international currently residing in the NE USA).
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 8
Schools: Cornell (Johnson) - Class of 2013
WE:Engineering (Consulting)
Send PM
Well it depends on which of the following categories you fall under:
1) International student in the US on an H1B
2) International student in the US on a visitor visa

If you're (1), then there's a thread on this forum discussing exactly that. I'm not quite sure what the exact process is so I'd recommend that you check there.
If you're (2), then the whole process shouldn't take longer than 3 weeks. Basically the stems are as follows: getting your finances in order, sending those through to Cornell (delivery delay), waiting for them to issue an I-20, Cornell sending I-20 to you (delivery delay), you paying the SEVIS fee online and booking an appointment with the consulate in your area (I'm not sure how you'll handle this since you're already in the US), giving an interview and getting stamped. All done.

A lot of the other schools are hoping to wrap-up their watlists by the end of the month and I'm guessing that Cornell will do something similar too. Not sure but either way, nothing to worry about... you have plenty of time in terms of processing your F1.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
redjam17 wrote:
Well it depends on which of the following categories you fall under:
1) International student in the US on an H1B
2) International student in the US on a visitor visa

If you're (1), then there's a thread on this forum discussing exactly that. I'm not quite sure what the exact process is so I'd recommend that you check there.
If you're (2), then the whole process shouldn't take longer than 3 weeks. Basically the stems are as follows: getting your finances in order, sending those through to Cornell (delivery delay), waiting for them to issue an I-20, Cornell sending I-20 to you (delivery delay), you paying the SEVIS fee online and booking an appointment with the consulate in your area (I'm not sure how you'll handle this since you're already in the US), giving an interview and getting stamped. All done.

A lot of the other schools are hoping to wrap-up their watlists by the end of the month and I'm guessing that Cornell will do something similar too. Not sure but either way, nothing to worry about... you have plenty of time in terms of processing your F1.

Thanks for the info redjam. I was thinking around 4-5 weeks but no surprises in the process.
Intern
Intern
Affiliations: CFA, FRM
Own Kudos [?]: [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance
Schools:Kellogg, Duke, Cornell, Berkeley (All last rounds)
WE 1: Credit Risk Management
WE 2: Equity Strategy (Sell-side research)
Send PM
International candidate here - was waitlisted in the 4th round.

Just had a call with the Admissions director. Although not an outright offer, but I have been asked to commit 3000 $ by Thursday, think about the huge financial burden and let them know about my commitment. So hopefully I am in !!!! :-D
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fd wrote:

Just had a call with the Admissions director. Although not an outright offer, but I have been asked to commit 3000 $ by Thursday, think about the huge financial burden and let them know about my commitment. So hopefully I am in !!!! :-D

Congrats fd... so they are still rolling out offers to internationals then.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 153 [0]
Given Kudos: 41
Send PM
Hey guys,
I have noticed that Cornell likes to accept really young applicants. A have many friends with just one or two years of WE that got offers from Johnson. Is it just me, or the school really likes young applicants :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
fd wrote:

fd... did you have a feedback session before this call?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
cong fd! I got an email asking me to call back because I wasnt able to pick up my phone. Could you let me know if this $3k means you are already given an offer or still need to wait for further decision? Did they say when you can hear the final decision? I am a bit confused about the status here. Also, did they ask any specific question in the phone like during the interview?

Thanks a lot!!!

fd wrote:

Intern
Intern
Send PM
moiuday wrote:
fd wrote:

fd... did you have a feedback session before this call?

Thanks Moiuday. No I had no feedback session before the call. Probably because I sent 11 updates in the last 1 month! The director said my waitlist file was the thickest!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
sunnymm2011 wrote:
cong fd! I got an email asking me to call back because I wasnt able to pick up my phone. Could you let me know if this $3k means you are already given an offer or still need to wait for further decision? Did they say when you can hear the final decision? I am a bit confused about the status here. Also, did they ask any specific question in the phone like during the interview?

Thanks a lot!!!

fd wrote:

As I said it was not an outright offer but mainly trying to gauge how committed I was if an offer is made, although the director did say I am among the files in consideration. Anyway I happy of some progress. And yeah, they will wrap up the internationals by this week most probably.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hi Sunnymm2011

I was also ask for a $3000 deposit yesterday. I am an international student and got wl at Round one.

They just told me they offer me a spot in the 2013 class, and required me to submit the deposit in 24hours.

Also, I found my application status changed to Offer after the call.

Hope it helps.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Ivan91 wrote:
Hey guys,
I have noticed that Cornell likes to accept really young applicants. A have many friends with just one or two years of WE that got offers from Johnson. Is it just me, or the school really likes young applicants :)

Anyone ? :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
GMAT 2: 710
GPA: 3.15
Send PM
I have 6+ years of work experience and I got an offer. Not sure you can generalize.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
 Q43  V41
WE 1: IT Consulting - 5 Years
Send PM
foxyang wrote:
Hi Sunnymm2011

I was also ask for a $3000 deposit yesterday. I am an international student and got wl at Round one.

They just told me they offer me a spot in the 2013 class, and required me to submit the deposit in 24hours.

Hope it helps.

Did you get invited to a feedback session with ad-com earlier? If yes, could you please let me know when?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
No, I wouldn't say Johnson is younger than say...Harvard/Stanford, but definitely Kellogg, Duke etc. Median work experience is 4 years. Middle 80 percentile is 2 to 7 years according to BusinessWeek. Average age is 27. The number of years of experience Ivan91's "friends" purportedly have and tee19's years are both towards the two extremes of the spectrum.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
Gannet wrote:
No, I wouldn't say Johnson is younger than say...Harvard/Stanford, but definitely Kellogg, Duke etc. Median work experience is 4 years. Middle 80 percentile is 2 to 7 years according to BusinessWeek. Average age is 27. The number of years of experience Ivan91's "friends" purportedly have and tee19's years are both towards the two extremes of the spectrum.

Why put friends in " " ??
Intern
Intern
Send PM
AriBenCanaan wrote:
foxyang wrote:
Hi Sunnymm2011

Hope it helps.

Did you get invited to a feedback session with ad-com earlier? If yes, could you please let me know when?

Hi I did not get the feedback session. BUT I used to ask for a meet with some adcom about my update, and they gave me a chance to talk to one of the adcoms in Ithaca. I dont know if this could be seen as a feedback session (The meeting happend in late April).

One thing can be sure is that if you keep contacting them with a good presense of your progress and your committment to Johnson, they will know and add some point on your application.
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  61   62   63   64   65   66   67   68   69   70   71   72