GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Feb 2020, 02:14

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Jan 2016, 12:30
Good luck grandmaster! I submitted mine on 14th.

dLo, we were talking about the first round interview call, not the admission decision, congrats on your acceptance!
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 11:33
Hey, just received R2 interview invite for Cornell Tech. Can someone give details around what to expect? I heard its a bit different from the traditional ones.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 27 Jan 2016, 16:19
Congrats! One of the earlier posts mentions what happens in the first round interview - it's a phone call from Jenna Abbot, the admissions coordinator which lasts 15-20 mins.

Did you get the invite via email? Can you also share your profile please? Thanks!
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 730 Q49 V39
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)

Show Tags

New post 28 Jan 2016, 15:20
djprithvi wrote:
Congrats! One of the earlier posts mentions what happens in the first round interview - it's a phone call from Jenna Abbot, the admissions coordinator which lasts 15-20 mins.

Did you get the invite via email? Can you also share your profile please? Thanks!

Received an email saying that my application now is under review. Checked the online application and it actually says 'Under Review'.

Good luck!
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 09:11
Good luck Drilling! did you get an interview invite yet?

grandmaster, did you finish your phone interview? how did it go?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 09:27
djprithvi wrote:
Good luck Drilling! did you get an interview invite yet?

grandmaster, did you finish your phone interview? how did it go?

Nothing yet. And the applicaiton status is still the same.
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 09:39
same here :)
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2016, 17:58
Just got an email inviting to interview!
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 10:03
djprithvi wrote:
Just got an email inviting to interview!

Hi. Is this the invite to for the first phone call?

Regards,
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 10:51
No, it was for the in person interview. I think they either waived the phone interview - I've visited the campus in October and have been in touch with a few people ever since, including Jenna, so they have a fair idea of who I am I guess. Or maybe they are just short on time. Did you get an interview invite Drilling?

grandmaster - did you interview already?
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 13 Feb 2016, 17:27
djprithvi wrote:
No, it was for the in person interview. I think they either waived the phone interview - I've visited the campus in October and have been in touch with a few people ever since, including Jenna, so they have a fair idea of who I am I guess. Or maybe they are just short on time. Did you get an interview invite Drilling?

grandmaster - did you interview already?

I got phone interview invite which I am going to have on the 16th. Any idea what they are going to ask?
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 16 Feb 2016, 08:07
IRBunny wrote:
I had my 1st round phone interview earlier this week, and was invited to an on-campus second round. Only info I have so far about second is that it will be a panel interview some point in the next 2-3 weeks.

1st round was with Jenna Abbott (Admissions coordinator). We dove straight in and it lasted all of 15 minutes. The questions, in no particular order:
-Tell me about yourself
-How do you keep abreast of tech industry news
-Tell me about a creative solution you devised
-Greatest strengths
-Why Cornell Tech
-Questions for me

PS. After lurking here for 2+ years, I thought it was time I finally contribute to the forum which has given me so much - this is my first post! Hello world :-D

drilling, this is from an earlier post. Good luck with your interview today!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 22 Feb 2016, 12:08
djprithvi - I had my second round directly - basically they skipped me from the first telephonic round with Jenna (probably, because I am already working as a product manager) - Has that happened with other candidates as well (especially if not located in US) ?

And then scheduled a skype with Christine, and it was fairly straight forward, we discussed the case study with a couple of cross questioning, and then moved to standard questions.

Anxiously waiting for the results, considering it such a cool program (one of its kind). Fingers crossed.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Consulting (Consulting)
Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Feb 2016, 14:05
I received my invitation to interview for round 2 as well (skipped R1 phone call)!! Congrats to the rest of you :)

Can someone shed light on specifics around the type of case we can expect? For example, (1)Is it a business case where we would provide a consultant's outlook on a company (ex: Improve Profit, Increase Sales etc.)? or (2)Is it a quantitative estimation or analysis exercise?

Thanks for your help!
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 07:04
Hey GMATclubbers, has anyone heard back for CTech R2 yet?

Yesterday was D-Day but I haven't received my decision yet.

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 07:37
I'm in! I got an acceptance email late last evening. Good luck to the others.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Mar 2016, 17:03
In as well! Excited for the program. Good luck to everyone.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 11 Mar 2016, 04:12
I'm also in!

Has anyone from Wave 2 received their Cornell Net ID yet? I submitted my deposit which should've generated one for me, but I'm guessing there's a few days lag?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Marketing
WE: Consulting (Consulting)

Show Tags

New post 21 Mar 2016, 14:06
I'm waitlisted. Is this the only Cornell Tech MBA forum on the internet?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017   [#permalink] 21 Mar 2016, 14:06

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   [ 79 posts ] 

Calling all Cornell NYC-Tech MBA Applicants(2016 Intake) Class of 2017

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderators: vinayakvaish, chanjaso