GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 20 Nov 2019, 00:10

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all CUHK Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status  
MBA Section Director
V
Affiliations: GMAT Club
City: Pune
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all CUHK Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2015, 10:55

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

2020 MBA Deadlines, Essay Questions and Analysis of all top MBA programs
MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all CUHK Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2015, 10:55
Reserved Post

MBA Video Series - Video answers to specific components and questions about MBA applications.

MBA Section Director
V
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Jun 2015, 10:57
Reserved Post

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 23 Nov 2015, 08:03
has anyone received an interview call ?
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Technology, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Mendoza '18 (M$)
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V36
GMAT ToolKit User Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 21:39
I received the interview call yesterday. Anyone else?

If you like my post, give me a kudos!

Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 27 Nov 2015, 22:21
PS88 wrote:
I received the interview call yesterday. Anyone else?

Thats great. How did it go ?

Who were on the panel ?how long did it last

Thanks
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q47 V31
WE: Investment Banking (Investment Banking)

Show Tags

New post 20 Jan 2016, 23:21
Hi,
I applied to CUHK Full-Time MBA program in the R2 on 15th Jan and received an interview invitation the same day. My interview was scheduled for today (21-Jan-2016). The interview was conducted over a telephone call by Professor Michael J. FERGUSON (Associate Dean (Graduate Studies) & Director of MBA Programs). Interview lasted for about an hour.
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 05:30
Hi dushyantarya,

Congratulations on the interview invite. I have an admit from CUHK.
I plan to accept the offer.
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Marketing (Health Care)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 23 Jan 2016, 07:19
Hi Folks,

I too got an admissions interview. Went well.

And congratulations on the admit offer. Could you get any scholarship?

Sai Kiran
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Healthcare, Strategy
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V34
GPA: 2.4
WE: Marketing (Health Care)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 03:02
Hi Fabia2010,

Congratulations on the admit.

I too have an admit from the university.

Hi dushyantarya,

Any news on your admit.

Regards
Sai Kiran
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 25 Jan 2016, 22:24
Hi

I have admit with scholarship
Have not decided yet to join or not
Intern
Intern
B
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GPA: 3.5
WE: Information Technology (Consulting)
Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 01 Feb 2016, 09:45
Has anyone accepted the admissions offer and confirmed enrolment at CUHK MBA.
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance

Show Tags

New post 08 Feb 2016, 01:02
it seems CUHK MBA has a huge improvement over the past 2 year
Manager
Manager
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V40
WE: Analyst (Venture Capital)

Show Tags

New post 09 Feb 2016, 04:45
I have sent my withdrawal letter to CUHK. All the best to everyone enrolling in the program!
Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31

Show Tags

New post 27 Apr 2016, 08:44
Hi All!!
I have confirmed my admission for the AUG 16 intake. Is there anyone who has done the same?
Are there any groups of the current batch students on facebook or whatsapp?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 May 2016, 12:06
i have an admit at CUHK not for MBA, but for Business Analytics course for the August intake. Anyone who is travelling to CUHK during the same period?
Current Student
GMAT 1: 590 Q46 V25
GPA: 3.8

Show Tags

New post 26 Dec 2016, 01:21
On my friend's recommendation (who received an admit from ISB), I too approached Gyanone for MBA application and interview preparation.

Right from the consultation regarding schools to interview preparation, Gyanone team provided me an honest feedback.

Gyanone provided personalized attention, with several rounds of review on each and every aspect of the MBA application.

Needless to say all the efforts paid off, I received admission offer from CUHK with a scholarship.

I would like to give my sincere thanks to Gyanone for their advice and support throughout my application process.

I will definitely recommend their services to candidates who are planning to apply for MBA program.
Official Business School Representative
“Playing hard to get” Strategy Works Well on Man Who is Psychologicall  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 20:01
FROM CUHK: “Playing hard to get” Strategy Works Well on Man Who is Psychologically Committed
One of the most elusive dating tactics since the beginning of time has to be “playing hard to get”. “Playing hard to get” remains a sought-after strategy many yearn to master in a romantic relationship – as shown by the prevalence of related advice on dating columns or the internet.

Xianchi Dai, Associate Professor of Department of Marketing at The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School, together with two coauthors, collaborated in a research to find out the psychology behind and what contribute to the success or failure of “playing hard to get”.

Conducted with students from CUHK, the study consists of two experiments, namely a mental simulation and an actual speed-dating study. Both experiments consistently prove that “playing hard to get” can induce stronger motivational responses from evaluators who are already psychologically committed to the player. When there is no psychological commitment, however, “playing hard to get” yields weaker motivational responses than “playing easy to get”. Also, “playing easy to get” always induces more positive affective evaluations of likings, regardless of the degree of prior psychological commitment.

Prof. Dai’s research paper was first published on the School’s China Business Knowledge (CBK) website in a feature article titled “Does ‘Playing Hard to Get’ Increase Romantic Attraction?“. The Marketing and Communications Office at CUHK Business School disseminated the article’s English, Chinese and Korean version to more than 12,311 media in China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea and over 20 countries in Asia Pacific. It has been widely picked up by the media around the world, with 384 clippings generated so far. The campaign on the research has also successfully drawn attention from the media such as Sohu (PDF), Sina (PDF), Yahoo! (PDF) and more.

Prof. Dai’s research is particularly popular among the Hong Kong media. On 17 and 18 May 2018, a wave of media pickups appeared in mainstream local dailies and some online media outlets, including Apple Daily (story 1, 2) (PDF 1, 2), Oriental Daily News (PDF), HK01 (PDF), The Stand News (PDF) and Orange News (PDF), as well as the city’s most influential broadcast media, RTHK’s 31 TV channel in its morning TV programme called “This Morning”(早辰.早晨).

In addition, the Taiwan-based 30+ magazine (PDF) also published an article with Prof. Dai’s research quoted.

The Hong Kong media stories are in Chinese. Please click the image below to view the RTHK 31 TV programme.

Source: 30+/Apple Daily/HK01/Oriental Daily News/The Stand News/RTHK/Orange News

Date published: 17 & 18 May 2018

Photo: Visual China Group

The post “Playing hard to get” Strategy Works Well on Man Who is Psychologically Committed appeared first on CUHK Business School.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

AACSB 2018 Annual Accreditation Conference: Asia Pacific Hosted in Hon  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 28 May 2018, 20:01
FROM CUHK: AACSB 2018 Annual Accreditation Conference: Asia Pacific Hosted in Hong Kong
On 23-25 May, over 220 deans, associate deans, faculty and senior administrators from schools across the region gathered in Hong Kong for the AACSB 2018 Annual Accreditation Conference: Asia Pacific. The event served as a unique opportunity for participants to learn — and truly understand — the AACSB Accreditation Standards, while gaining insight into the latest trends in Asia Pacific and global accreditation.

As Conference Chair, Prof. Kalok Chan, Dean of The Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK) Business School and Wei Lun Professor of Finance, opened the conference on 24 May with a plenary session on the topic of business education and future jobs. Joining him on stage was Mr. Steve Kwok, CUHK EMBA alumnus and Executive Vice President & Director at CITIC Pacific Ltd. and Mr. Rizwan Masood, Managing Director and Head of Human Resources at Standard Chartered Bank. The senior executives discussed the link between business education and business practice, and how education should evolve to keep up with a changing environment. Presenters also discussed the skills companies will be looking for in the future and how the schools can work with companies together to provide them.

The conference served as a good platform to discover the challenges schools in Asia Pacific face regarding accreditation and formulate solutions that will help the accreditation community worldwide. Attendees spent three days networking with peers, connecting with experienced accreditation volunteers, meeting with accreditation staff, and exchanging ideas and best practices with professionals from around the world.

The post AACSB 2018 Annual Accreditation Conference: Asia Pacific Hosted in Hong Kong appeared first on CUHK Business School.
ForumBlogs - GMAT Club’s latest feature blends timely Blog entries with forum discussions. Now GMAT Club Forums incorporate all relevant information from Student, Admissions blogs, Twitter, and other sources in one place. You no longer have to check and follow dozens of blogs, just subscribe to the relevant topics and forums on GMAT club or follow the posters and you will get email notifications when something new is posted. Add your blog to the list! and be featured to over 300,000 unique monthly visitors

CONNECT Vol. 25 – June 2018 is Available!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Jun 2018, 03:01
FROM CUHK: CONNECT Vol. 25 – June 2018 is Available!
In this issue, we bring to you three pieces of important research. Firstly, we study crowdfunding projects and how early contributions by family members and friends can affect their chances of success. Secondly, we look at the powerful and intricate political networks in China and how political knowledge gives local analysts an edge over their foreign counterparts. Thirdly, we show how smart beta ETFs have a significant impact on the investing world. Our professor also comments on the strategic move of China’s largest car-hailing app. And our new Director of School of Hotel and Tourism Management shares with us his experience in the hotel industry and his vision for the future.

Contents

Please click here to download the magazine in PDF format.

The post CONNECT Vol. 25 – June 2018 is Available! appeared first on CUHK Business School.

CONNECT Vol. 25 – June 2018 is Available!   [#permalink] 01 Jun 2018, 03:01

Go to page    1   2    Next  [ 22 posts ] 

Calling all CUHK Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!!

new topic post reply Update application status