Last visit was: 14 May 2024, 13:20 It is currently 14 May 2024, 13:20

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Given Kudos: 853
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 3
Schools: DeGroote (D)
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
GMAT 1: 640 Q46 V32
GPA: 3.8
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote MBA & MBA with Co-Op applicants: Sept 2022 intake [#permalink]
Hi there! I just created account to apply for R2 and received the Kira email that said interview must be completed within 14 days. But I'm not ready to take it atm, what will happen if I dont complete on time, given the deadline for R2 is next Jan.
Thank you !!
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Given Kudos: 15
GMAT 1: 650 Q48 V31
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote MBA & MBA with Co-Op applicants: Sept 2022 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
lt9696 wrote:
Hi there! I just created account to apply for R2 and received the Kira email that said interview must be completed within 14 days. But I'm not ready to take it atm, what will happen if I dont complete on time, given the deadline for R2 is next Jan.
Thank you !!

Hi,

A good strategy practice KIRA questions which have been posted by other applicants. Best to practice while recording yourself, to get the feel of it.

You can do 3 questions a day, so in 12 days, you will have answered 36 KIRA questions. In next 2 days, whenever you feel that you are in your best mindset, give the KIRA interview.

If still dont feel you can,
you can create a new account and then again fill the form and give the KIRA interview, I guess?

Maybe drop an email to Degroote and get better clarification on the account creation part.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Send PM
narwalyogesh wrote:
lt9696 wrote:
Thank you !!

Hi,

A good strategy practice KIRA questions which have been posted by other applicants. Best to practice while recording yourself, to get the feel of it.

You can do 3 questions a day, so in 12 days, you will have answered 36 KIRA questions. In next 2 days, whenever you feel that you are in your best mindset, give the KIRA interview.

If still dont feel you can,
you can create a new account and then again fill the form and give the KIRA interview, I guess?

Maybe drop an email to Degroote and get better clarification on the account creation part.

Thank you for the advice, I will send mail to the adcom :-bd
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [2]
Schools: DeGroote (WL)
GRE 1: Q155 V150
GPA: 3
Send PM
Kudos
Any suggestion if the result for Coop application in DeGroote stands out to be waitlisted in R1.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 43
Send PM
Hey guys! For all of you who wrote the essays cna you give me some guidance on the word limits for the 5 questions?

Thanks!

Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [0]
Send PM
TheAmbitiousOne wrote:
Hey guys! For all of you who wrote the essays cna you give me some guidance on the word limits for the 5 questions?

Thanks!

1. Schools you are applying to - no limit

2. Honors, achievement, etc - no limit

3. Why MBA, why Degroote - 550 words*

4. Any difficulties you faced - no limit - not sure

5. Anything else you would want to be included to help the recruitment team better understand your application - no limit
Current Student
Send PM
Hi,

Just submitted my application for R2 of MBA with Co-op

Overview of my profile
Indian IT software engineer seeks MBA
GPA - 7.5 on 10
Work experience - 1.5 years
GMAT - 650 Q48, V31
Reason to do MBA - Transition from development to business.
Short-term goal - Team Lead for a development team in Canada Life or Sun Life.

I would rate my KIRA as 8/10
-- had a lot of stampers.

College activities
Blood donation camp organiser
Member of Marketing and Hospitality team
Event coordinator for Tech fest
Vice-captain of the College hockey team
Interim Treasurer for Tech fest in 2020.
---

Feel free to rate my chances. Thank you.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thank you so much narwalyogesh. Yeah I saw this, but just wanted to be certain how to address this. In about how many words did you address the 1st question?

narwalyogesh wrote:
TheAmbitiousOne wrote:

Thanks!

1. Schools you are applying to - no limit

2. Honors, achievement, etc - no limit

3. Why MBA, why Degroote - 550 words*

4. Any difficulties you faced - no limit - not sure

5. Anything else you would want to be included to help the recruitment team better understand your application - no limit
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 20 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I'll give a brief overview of each.

1 - I listed 3 programs I plan to apply if i get rejected from DeGroote , Uvic daytime, Alberta and John Molson

2 - I mentioned event coordinator and Blood donation camp organisor.

3 - I used approx 220 words to explain why I am looking to pursue an MBA, and then 300 words to explain why DeGroote.

4 - NA
5 - left it blank

Intern
Intern
Send PM
This is perfect, thank you once again!

narwalyogesh wrote:
I'll give a brief overview of each.

1 - I listed 3 programs I plan to apply if i get rejected from DeGroote , Uvic daytime, Alberta and John Molson

2 - I mentioned event coordinator and Blood donation camp organisor.

3 - I used approx 220 words to explain why I am looking to pursue an MBA, and then 300 words to explain why DeGroote.

4 - NA
5 - left it blank

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Marketing, Finance
GMAT 1: 640 Q45 V32
GPA: 3.4
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
In the KIRA interview mail it has been mentioned that it has to be completed within 7 days of receiving the invitation email. I failed to do so within 7 days, although I could still register on the KIRA website. What happens if the applicant fails to submit the response within 7 days?
Current Student
Send PM
Ashishpalve39 wrote:
In the KIRA interview mail it has been mentioned that it has to be completed within 7 days of receiving the invitation email. I failed to do so within 7 days, although I could still register on the KIRA website. What happens if the applicant fails to submit the response within 7 days?

Hey Ashishpalve39,
I am not sure what program you are applying for, but the co-op one had a 14-day time limit.
Either way, I skimmed through the guidelines and FAQs, found nothing of relevance detailing what to do after the said mentioned time period of KIRA.

My best suggestion would be to go through the walkthrough tutorial or drop an email to the Adcom, the Adcom is OoO till 3rd Jan 2022 (Monday), so you will probably not receive a response before that.

An alternate may be to begin a new application because as long as you don't submit an application - it is not considered.

Regards,
N.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 14 [0]
Send PM
Hi Everyone, I missed the email for KIRA interview as I was on vacation. I only have 2 days to submit the test. Can anyone please share your KIRA interview questions and experiences?
Current Student
Send PM
Vikas287 wrote:
Hi Everyone, I missed the email for KIRA interview as I was on vacation. I only have 2 days to submit the test. Can anyone please share your KIRA interview questions and experiences?

Hey Vikas287,

FYI - https://gmatclub.com/forum/kira-intervi ... 44463.html

Regards,
N.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Hey narwalyogesh! Thanks for responding! About the choice of program, I have a doubt regarding the Co-op one. Does the 8 month co-op count as Canadian work ex and would it help in PR?
Current Student
Send PM
Ashishpalve39 wrote:
Hey narwalyogesh! Thanks for responding! About the choice of program, I have a doubt regarding the Co-op one. Does the 8 month co-op count as Canadian work ex and would it help in PR?

Hi Ashishpalve39,

I have very little to no idea about how it will help w.r.t. PR or if the co-op gets counted as Canadian work experience [IMO - it will be based on Companies, some may, some may not but not sure].

Best to drop an email to someone from the Current Student profile from the DeGroote site or ping them on LinkedIn and ask, they'll have a clear/better understanding of the role of co-op towards PR and measurement as work experience.

Friendly Tip - Drop an email/ping to 2-3 students, they all will reply but when can vary based on their availability, so drop to a few of them.

Regards,
N.
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Guys I've received an interview invite yesterday. Is there any interview debrief thread for degroote?

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6927 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts