Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:28 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:28

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [2]
Given Kudos: 853
Concentration: Operations, General Management
WE:Supply Chain Management (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [0]
Given Kudos: 899
GMAT 1: 620 Q48 V28
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 13
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Given Kudos: 7
Schools: (A)
GPA: 4
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote MBA & MBA with Co-Op applicants: Sept 2022 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
I'm looking forward to apply in round 2 due to GMAT and IELTS schedule.

Posted from my mobile device
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [1]
Given Kudos: 12
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.9
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote MBA & MBA with Co-Op applicants: Sept 2022 intake [#permalink]
Kudos
Hi, I have applied for Mba co-op.
Gmat 640
Ielts 7.5
Gpa 8.73 BBA from Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University.
Work experience : Operations Analyst at Royal Bank of Scotland for 16 months and currently working as A Supply Chain Analyst in Ecommerce industry.
Have done some volunteering and took part in extracurricular activities as well.
Secured first position in District level Business plan competition.
Can anyone help me with the chances of getting an admit ?
Also if anyone gave the Kira, what were the questions asked?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Given Kudos: 38
GMAT 1: 630 Q35 V41
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Bookmarks
Aakashbhangale wrote:
Hey, I am going to apply for the FT MBA

Which is better?
MBA from Alberta or MBA from Degroote..
From what I have heard, Alberta's MBA is more reputed and has better employment stats?Is it true?
Intern
Intern
Send PM
muditcc1 wrote:
Gmat 640
Ielts 7.5
Work experience : Operations Analyst at Royal Bank of Scotland for 16 months and currently working as A Supply Chain Analyst in Ecommerce industry.
Have done some volunteering and took part in extracurricular activities as well.

You should be doing great..Average GMAT for Degroote co-op is 612...Website says 600+ is competitive but a 620+ increases your chances of admit...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Yes please let's share our experience in here. Anybody know what types of questions were asked in recommendation letters?
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Bookmarks
muditcc1 wrote:
Gmat 640
Ielts 7.5

Hey muditcc1 best of luck with your DeGroote application. :thumbsup:

I would suggest you go ahead and post your profile here: Profile Eval by Experts. You will have better chances of getting a reply from our awesome consultants. ;) Secondly, for KIRA questions check this link: The Ultimate McMaster DeGroote MBA Kira Interview Question Bank

BTW, which other schools are you applying to?

Hope this helps.

- Romil

Originally posted by romil666 on 04 Sep 2021, 07:47.
Last edited by romil666 on 04 Sep 2021, 08:12, edited 4 times in total.
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nibhi wrote:
Aakashbhangale wrote:
Hey, I am going to apply for the FT MBA

Which is better?
MBA from Alberta or MBA from Degroote..
From what I have heard, Alberta's MBA is more reputed and has better employment stats?Is it true?

Hey Nibhi , Yes as per QS world MBA rankings Alberta MBA is reputable than DeGroote MBA. However, 'which is better' should also depend on your post-MBA goals and the type of cohort community you want to be in!

Alberta province has plenty of jobs in Oil, Gas, and Petroleum, while Ontario province has plenty of jobs in the Financial sector, Consulting, Tech, and Manufacturing.

I would suggest do research on provinces from Google. A better way is to go on LinkedIn and check where the alumni of respective universities are working post-MBA. The best way go talk to them! ;)

Also, check this article I found on LinkedIn: How to Choose a Grad School

Hope this helps.

- Romil
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Thanks romil666
Also I wanted to ask that how will the LOR’s be submitted?Will the referee write one and then scan it and send to the univ or is there some other way?I am asking as my professors are confused and want me to write the LOR by myself and get it signed..

GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [1]
Send PM
Nibhi wrote:
Thanks romil666
Also I wanted to ask that how will the LOR’s be submitted?Will the referee write one and then scan it and send to the univ or is there some other way?I am asking as my professors are confused and want me to write the LOR by myself and get it signed..

Hey Nibhi ,

In the application portal, you have to provide the email address of your referees in the 'Referees' section. They will receive the 'Referee form' which they need to complete in 10 days.

Please go through this step-by-step MBA application guide present on DeGroote's website.

The Referees can expect to see such types of questions in the Referee form:

1. How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
2. If this is a work-related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long? (No word limit)
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents? (No word limit)
4. What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit)

Maybe you can help your professors/Referees with these questions. ;)

A note to make things clear: When a student applies for MBA, his or her referees have to complete a bunch of LOR questions (like these 👆) in the Referee form. For master's programs other than MBA (MEng, MSc, etc), the referees have to submit LOR. (No matter who writes it :lol: )

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Romil

Originally posted by romil666 on 09 Sep 2021, 11:28.
Last edited by romil666 on 13 Sep 2021, 05:10, edited 2 times in total.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Can anyone help me with the LOR question
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Send PM
romil666 wrote:
Nibhi wrote:
Thanks romil666

Hey Nibhi ,

In the application portal, you have to provide the email address of your referees in the 'Referees' section. They will receive the 'Referee form' which they need to complete in 10 days.

Please go through this step-by-step MBA application guide present on DeGroote's website.

The Referees can expect to see such types of questions in the Referee form:

1. How long and in what capacity have you known the candidate? (No word limit)
2. If this is a work-related reference, in what position is/was the candidate employed and for how long? (No word limit)
3. What do you consider to be the candidate’s principal strengths/talents? (No word limit)
4. What do you consider to be the candidate’s weaknesses or areas that need improvement? (No word limit)

Maybe you can help your professors/Referees with these questions. ;)

A note to make things clear: When a student applies for MBA, his or her referees have to complete a bunch of LOR questions (like these 👆) in the Referee form. For master's programs other than MBA (MEng, MSc, etc), the referees have to submit LOR. (No matter who writes it :lol: )

Hope this helps.

Thank you,
Romil

Does all MBA applications follow same rule? Questions in LOR instead of letter?
GMAT Club News PM
Own Kudos [?]: 89 [0]
Send PM
Aditya6697 wrote:

Yes. Almost all MBA applications.

The Business School will share the reference form with the referees and they will have to answer the questions. Check this reference form of the Alberta School of Business: Alberta School of Business Reference Letter. You will get an idea.

Also check this common LOR template released by GMAC: The Common Letter of Recommendation (LOR). I think all Canadian B-Schools should adopt this. :problem:

Anyways, which B-Schools are you applying to Aditya6697.

Thank you,
Romil
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
romil666 wrote:
Aditya6697 wrote:

Yes. Almost all MBA applications.

The Business School will share the reference form with the referees and they will have to answer the questions. Check this reference form of the Alberta School of Business: Alberta School of Business Reference Letter. You will get an idea.

Also check this common LOR template released by GMAC: The Common Letter of Recommendation (LOR). I think all Canadian B-Schools should adopt this. :problem:

Anyways, which B-Schools are you applying to Aditya6697.

Thank you,
Romil

I'm planning to apply for McMaster, Alberta and Brock. Hopefully in 2nd round or 3rd as i am giving my GMAT and IELTS in October.

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 79 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Does anybody know that how much or what is the likelihood of getting significant amount of in course scholarships?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Anybody done their application? Are kira interview final questions gonna be different from the practiced ones?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I just completed my Kira interview and feel like i screwed up my first question due to nerves even though I practiced!! Does anyone know how bad this would affect your application?? What is the acceptance rate for the blended part time MBA?

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
junii wrote:
Anybody done their application? Are kira interview final questions gonna be different from the practiced ones?

Yes they are different but not bad
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2   3   4   5   6   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts