GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 09 Dec 2019, 19:11

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  
Current Student
B
Concentration: Finance, General Management
Schools: DeGroote'21 (A$)
WE: Corporate Finance (Retail Banking)
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Nov 2019, 22:13
aaggarwal191 wrote:
Hey satyasiddanth
Could you help with the interview .They have provide with option of physical interview or online .I chose the physical interview. Any tips on this

Posted from my mobile device

Congratulations for getting the invite. My only tips will be “be yourself and be prepared”. Feel free to drop a message if you have more questions. All the best for the interview.
Satya
Manager
Manager
S
GMAT 1: 500 Q39 V21
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 21:58
The reason why many of you received an interview invite before your kira interview is because the adcom is coming to India for the first time and might want to meet all of the applicants in one go. That’s just my assumption.

Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 24 Nov 2019, 22:14
Satyasiddhant wrote:
aaggarwal191 wrote:
Hey satyasiddanth
Could you help with the interview .They have provide with option of physical interview or online .I chose the physical interview. Any tips on this

Congratulations for getting the invite. My only tips will be “be yourself and be prepared”. Feel free to drop a message if you have more questions. All the best for the interview.
Satya
Intern
Intern
B

Show Tags

New post 25 Nov 2019, 10:59
Hey Satya ,

Thanks a lot for the point . Could you please suggest any online resource for preparation or any link which could be helpful in preparation. In addition , could you please suggest what all topics I need to prepare .

Regards
Akash
Current Student
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 10:30
Hello everyone,

I am a current DeGroote co-op student. DM me for any questions regarding the application and interview process and I'd be happy to help :)

All the best.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
P
Premium Member Reviews Badge

Show Tags

New post 28 Nov 2019, 13:45
jaindhruv1991 wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am a current DeGroote co-op student. DM me for any questions regarding the application and interview process and I'd be happy to help :)

All the best.

How long was your interview?
Did you get counselling from Jamboree?
How did you hear about degroote?
What advice would you give current applicants?
Current Student
B
GMAT ToolKit User

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 12:25
Businessconquerer wrote:
jaindhruv1991 wrote:
Hello everyone,

All the best.

My interview was around 30 minutes.

I did all the research and preparation by myself.

For the interviews, just be yourself and prepare to the best of your abilities. The interview is mainly behavioral and situational based and usually starts off with a tell me something about yourself to get you comfortable!

Keep your responses around 2 minutes and 30 seconds and try to follow a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) structure to answer.

All the best
P

Show Tags

New post 29 Nov 2019, 14:53
jaindhruv1991 wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
jaindhruv1991 wrote:
Hello everyone,

All the best.

My interview was around 30 minutes.

I did all the research and preparation by myself.

For the interviews, just be yourself and prepare to the best of your abilities. The interview is mainly behavioral and situational based and usually starts off with a tell me something about yourself to get you comfortable!

Keep your responses around 2 minutes and 30 seconds and try to follow a STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result) structure to answer.

All the best

That's amazing
So how did you hear about degroote? I'm sure others will find this helpful
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.44
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 13:14
It is 01:35am here in Mumbai and just before going to bed, I received an ADMIT from McMaster for their Co-op MBA program + a CAD 7000 scholarship.
Having given an in-person interview to a panel of 3 adcom members only 5 days ago on a QS MBA Fair in Mumbai last Sunday, I must say that their response time for making a decision is quick! They had initially said that we'll hear from them only after 2 weeks.
Anyway, this is my first admit from my list of Canadian MBA programs and I have exactly 2 weeks to accept/decline this offer of admission. I shall be posting an in-depth KIRA + interview debrief soon.

Has anybody else received an admit?
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: DeGroote "22 (A)
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 14:23
chinmayrav wrote:
It is 01:35am here in Mumbai and just before going to bed, I received an ADMIT from McMaster for their Co-op MBA program + a CAD 7000 scholarship.
Having given an in-person interview to a panel of 3 adcom members only 5 days ago on a QS MBA Fair in Mumbai last Sunday, I must say that their response time for making a decision is quick! They had initially said that we'll hear from them only after 2 weeks.
Anyway, this is my first admit from my list of Canadian MBA programs and I have exactly 2 weeks to accept/decline this offer of admission. I shall be posting an in-depth KIRA + interview debrief soon.

Has anybody else received an admit?

Hi Chinmay,

Congratulations!
I just received an admit for the Co-op program too, had my interview in Mumbai on Monday. Are you taking the offer?
P

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 14:26
Are you guys talking about the interview the team took in India for the first time?
Was the interview organised in the QS MBA fair or was it in some hotel or sth?

I think they are releasing the decisions for the people who made an effort to go to the place to give the interview first
Intern
Intern
B
Schools: DeGroote "22 (A)
GPA: 2.79

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 14:38
Businessconquerer wrote:
Are you guys talking about the interview the team took in India for the first time?
Was the interview organised in the QS MBA fair or was it in some hotel or sth?

I think they are releasing the decisions for the people who made an effort to go to the place to give the interview first

Yes, the team took the interviews in India for the first time. My interview was in the hotel lobby and not on the same day of the fair but on the next day.
Intern
Intern
B
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V40
GPA: 3.44
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 15:03
vinayakb10, I need to think it through. What about you?

Businessconquerer, it so seems that the personal interviews were indeed privately held and had nothing to do with the QS MBA fair although both were in the same hotel and at the same time. The adcom decided that since they were coming to the fair, why not schedule interviews as well.

P

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 15:11
Indeed
I am just curious to know why Degroote?
I was told about Degroote from Jamboree

The co-op program is exciting and definitely Degroote has a good hold on the terms over the years
Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 19:37
I had my interview in delhi on Tuesday, has anyone from delhi received a decision?

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 05 Dec 2019, 23:43
Also has anyone received a rejection yet?

Intern
Intern
GMAT 1: 690 Q48 V35

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 01:09
I too had my interview on Tuesday and have not heard from the School since I had the interview

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 01:12
let's keep each other posted about an admit or a rejection!
P

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 01:34
May be they are seeing what the people invited say first. Remember, they were given a two week period to finalise their decision.
The exact amount of time they said they'll release ours.

Their rejection will open spots for us.

Quite frankly, I would never go to an interview to a B-School unless I'm in the same city or absolutely certain that I'll get in. For me it's just the smart thing to do.

Well the later the better.
Later we get an invite, the more time we have to respond and pay the deposit.
The deposit will be equivalent to 4 sem fees of mine in India.

Manager
Manager
S

Show Tags

New post 06 Dec 2019, 01:36
True! Unfortunately i have to accept john molson before the 17th

GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 06 Dec 2019, 01:36

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3    Next  [ 51 posts ] 

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Businessconquerer