GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 29 Mar 2020, 12:46

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 10:34
thinkoutsidethebox wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.


Whats your work experience? I notice that the years experience matter more on whether you get co-op or not (fewer is better). there are students here with 500 gmat in co-op. in fact, they called some guy who started his application, but didnt do this gmat and offered him co-op on condition he just write it.

Are you in our whatsapp group?

By what name?
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 16 Dec 2016
Posts: 15
Schools: DeGroote (A)
WE: Other (Other)
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 10:39
Businessconquerer wrote:
thinkoutsidethebox wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.


Whats your work experience? I notice that the years experience matter more on whether you get co-op or not (fewer is better). there are students here with 500 gmat in co-op. in fact, they called some guy who started his application, but didnt do this gmat and offered him co-op on condition he just write it.

Are you in our www group?

By what name?

not in the whatsapp group.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 10:46
Join it, check the 5th page
we have it for the admitted students of 2019, you can connect, grow and find potential roomies
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Posts: 59
Location: India
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 13:52
Believe the guy with whom you have connected is not competitive enough. As far as you say about the average package, DeGroote has a good ROI.

Can you describe what you mean by networking please- do you refer networking with your cohort or with industry experts- Please clarify..!!

When it comes to competition- There are many jobs I have been gone through where my whole team is Rotman, and the position which is dominated by Rotman, but I and one more DeGroote student was able to get through. Believe in yourself rather than putting yourself on a low scale. And till the time you have experienced things, its useless to comment that it wont give you the bang on buck as I have seen even Rotman, Ivey guys to work with me on a same scale, so I really don't know what your sources are..!!

Thanks, let me know if you need to debate. Will be happy to answer your questions


sailormarine wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
So McMaster has much less value compared to the top Cad b-schoools?
Or is it just the co-op MBA that makes it stand out

Yeah to be fair and square, McMaster enjoys good reputation just beacuse its close to Toronto and because of the coop offering. But you will be studying with a fairly young cohort. Won't get the networking feel as coop program is for graduates with less work ex. I've known a friend who joined the program but wasn't very impressed with it. Also take note that on graduation, even though you will have 3 terms of work ex, you'd still compete with grads from Rotman, Schulich, Ivey, Queens, Ted Rogers for the same roles. The program is for someone who wants to land a job in Canada but tbh it won't give you the bang on buck. McGill - Desautels tuition is 89k and the ROI there would be exponential as compared to McMaster.
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Posts: 59
Location: India
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 13:54
LOL bro, do you seriously mean this....JAMBOREE & McMaster


Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:
Yeah Degroote schulich rotman ivey all were suggested to me by jamboree and sauder was recommended by a friend

Posted from my mobile device


Actually I'm aware that Jamboree kind of has a tie up with few university, you know money for publicity, That is why I asked
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Posts: 59
Location: India
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 13:58
Don't worry, it is really not extensive as being said.

I did my interview and received an admit within 4 hours I gave my interview. Need not to panic
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 14:39
himanshukamra2711 wrote:
LOL bro, do you seriously mean this....JAMBOREE & McMaster


Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:
Yeah Degroote schulich rotman ivey all were suggested to me by jamboree and sauder was recommended by a friend

Posted from my mobile device


Actually I'm aware that Jamboree kind of has a tie up with few university, you know money for publicity, That is why I asked

Well, there's no way to prove it unless I ask a few people about it, right?
As I know you are in the school, I think it might seem a little off, but I have to consider all possibilities before reaching a life changing conclusion. As it is Degroote is going to cost me nearly 60 lacs (complete cost of attendance), but doesn't it make sense to check.

Oh, and seeing all the other comments from you, You seem offended; don't be, we are all contemplating and providing all the info we think and we get from others. I know you are in finance so you are in kind of the highest paying segment of all the others.

Even I am in a situation where my father has given up his support and my savings will only be enough to get me into Canada, every thing else would be loan. So I am truly trying my best to figure out everything I can as it will be an investment of my life (I will be going all in).

Thank u though for commenting means that you wanna help us :)
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Current Student
User avatar
B
Joined: 12 Feb 2015
Posts: 59
Location: India
GPA: 3.84
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 29 Jan 2020, 15:14
Firstly bro, I am not offended and as I have checked with the fees of the previous year students- The fees is not what you are saying. What I remember is close to 90K, of which you can pay some of it during your Co-op as well.

However, if you want to live like a king then even 60 lakhs would be less for you, if in case you are including your living expenses as well. I am an international student on loan, and I have just taken 50% of my total loan amount, and managed my remaining expenses with my Co-op earnings. So it depends individual to individual. Also, I have been in touch with FT students who are working part time to cover up their expenses.

Well when you are contemplating, try not to generalize things. I hope you understand what it means.
In terms of finance, again that is your vague belief which you do not even know, and just to assure you brother, I have came here on loan too by keeping my parents only stake(their house) on mortgage. So probably I know what you want to say.

I am not saying good things about DeGroote for sure, but if you are a lucky one to even get a scholarship, which I didn't even got- Try to respect that, and when even you are saying something about FT of DeGroote, make sure you put your comments by verifying with current students. All students will have a different exposure so a better advise would be to use "LINKEDIN", connect with people and then ask multiple reviews and not stick with 2 or 3.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any further question




Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:
Yeah Degroote schulich rotman ivey all were suggested to me by jamboree and sauder was recommended by a friend

Posted from my mobile device


Actually I'm aware that Jamboree kind of has a tie up with few university, you know money for publicity, That is why I asked
[/quote]
Well, there's no way to prove it unless I ask a few people about it, right?
As I know you are in the school, I think it might seem a little off, but I have to consider all possibilities before reaching a life changing conclusion. As it is Degroote is going to cost me nearly 60 lacs (complete cost of attendance), but doesn't it make sense to check.

Oh, and seeing all the other comments from you, You seem offended; don't be, we are all contemplating and providing all the info we think and we get from others. I know you are in finance so you are in kind of the highest paying segment of all the others.

Even I am in a situation where my father has given up his support and my savings will only be enough to get me into Canada, every thing else would be loan. So I am truly trying my best to figure out everything I can as it will be an investment of my life (I will be going all in).

Thank u though for commenting means that you wanna help us :)[/quote]
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 01:50
thinkoutsidethebox wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.


Whats your work experience? I notice that the years experience matter more on whether you get co-op or not (fewer is better). there are students here with 500 gmat in co-op. in fact, they called some guy who started his application, but didnt do this gmat and offered him co-op on condition he just write it.


I have 2.5 years work experience , gmat 610. Should I mail them again for the status of my application? What are my chances ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 01:51
Businessconquerer wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.

What was your GMAT, give me your profile, I can give you some insights


Hey , thank you! I have 2.5 years work experience , gmat 610.
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Jan 2020, 01:54
You should be fine. I received an invitation wayyy after all the guys here.

So I wouldn't lose hope

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 04:26
Hi guys, I am not able to access the whatsapp group link , can someone please share it again ?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Feb 2020, 06:48
Although personally I prefer the whatsapp group, but according to the Gmat Club's new policy, Whatsapp link sharing has been banned.
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 03:53
What is the class strength of MBA full time and MBA with co-op at Degroote?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 29 Jan 2020
Posts: 5
Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 05:02
1
Nihaldixit wrote:
What is the class strength of MBA full time and MBA with co-op at Degroote?


I guess coop - 120 and FT - 40
Intern
Intern
avatar
B
Joined: 06 Feb 2020
Posts: 5
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 05:42
So with a profile of 2.5 years of work experience .its better if i apply to Co-op as the student intake is more right ?

Posted from my mobile device
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 06 Feb 2020, 06:14
bruno25 wrote:
Nihaldixit wrote:
What is the class strength of MBA full time and MBA with co-op at Degroote?


I guess coop - 120 and FT - 40

In webinar they said 120 ft strength
They seemed uncertain
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 17 Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 01:07
Satyasiddhant wrote:
Hello Everyone
I am a current international student at DeGroote. Please reach out through DMs for any kind of questions. I am happy to help. All the best.

Hi hows the mba co op program at mc master?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 30 Jul 2019
Posts: 13
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 01:24
1
I received an admit for the FT MBA at DeGroote last night. Anyone who can add me to the group?
Sloan MIT School Moderator
User avatar
P
Joined: 17 Jul 2018
Posts: 890
Premium Member Reviews Badge CAT Tests
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 07 Feb 2020, 01:26
ArushJain wrote:
I received an admit for the FT MBA at DeGroote last night. Anyone who can add me to the group?

Number?
I'll get you added

Posted from my mobile device
_________________
https://consulting-business-conqueror.business.site/?m=true
https://kartiknimbalkaralp.wixsite.com/website
Want free Admissions consulting?
Free Admissions and GMAT consulting GMAT Club special
No spams No bullshit; Purely FACT BASED SOCIAL SERVICE
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake   [#permalink] 07 Feb 2020, 01:26

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10    Next  [ 182 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: Businessconquerer






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne