Last visit was: 24 Apr 2024, 23:04 It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [0]
Given Kudos: 139
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 3 [1]
Given Kudos: 4
Schools: DeGroote (A)
WE:Other (Other)
Send PM
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 969 [1]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 18 [0]
Given Kudos: 262
GPA: 3.84
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
Believe the guy with whom you have connected is not competitive enough. As far as you say about the average package, DeGroote has a good ROI.

Can you describe what you mean by networking please- do you refer networking with your cohort or with industry experts- Please clarify..!!

When it comes to competition- There are many jobs I have been gone through where my whole team is Rotman, and the position which is dominated by Rotman, but I and one more DeGroote student was able to get through. Believe in yourself rather than putting yourself on a low scale. And till the time you have experienced things, its useless to comment that it wont give you the bang on buck as I have seen even Rotman, Ivey guys to work with me on a same scale, so I really don't know what your sources are..!!

Thanks, let me know if you need to debate. Will be happy to answer your questions

sailormarine wrote:
Businessconquerer wrote:
So McMaster has much less value compared to the top Cad b-schoools?
Or is it just the co-op MBA that makes it stand out

Yeah to be fair and square, McMaster enjoys good reputation just beacuse its close to Toronto and because of the coop offering. But you will be studying with a fairly young cohort. Won't get the networking feel as coop program is for graduates with less work ex. I've known a friend who joined the program but wasn't very impressed with it. Also take note that on graduation, even though you will have 3 terms of work ex, you'd still compete with grads from Rotman, Schulich, Ivey, Queens, Ted Rogers for the same roles. The program is for someone who wants to land a job in Canada but tbh it won't give you the bang on buck. McGill - Desautels tuition is 89k and the ROI there would be exponential as compared to McMaster.
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Re: Calling all DeGroote (McMaster University) MBA Applicants: 2020 Intake [#permalink]
LOL bro, do you seriously mean this....JAMBOREE & McMaster

Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:
Yeah Degroote schulich rotman ivey all were suggested to me by jamboree and sauder was recommended by a friend

Posted from my mobile device

Actually I'm aware that Jamboree kind of has a tie up with few university, you know money for publicity, That is why I asked
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Don't worry, it is really not extensive as being said.

I did my interview and received an admit within 4 hours I gave my interview. Need not to panic
SVP
SVP
Send PM
himanshukamra2711 wrote:
LOL bro, do you seriously mean this....JAMBOREE & McMaster

Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:
Yeah Degroote schulich rotman ivey all were suggested to me by jamboree and sauder was recommended by a friend

Actually I'm aware that Jamboree kind of has a tie up with few university, you know money for publicity, That is why I asked

Well, there's no way to prove it unless I ask a few people about it, right?
As I know you are in the school, I think it might seem a little off, but I have to consider all possibilities before reaching a life changing conclusion. As it is Degroote is going to cost me nearly 60 lacs (complete cost of attendance), but doesn't it make sense to check.

Oh, and seeing all the other comments from you, You seem offended; don't be, we are all contemplating and providing all the info we think and we get from others. I know you are in finance so you are in kind of the highest paying segment of all the others.

Even I am in a situation where my father has given up his support and my savings will only be enough to get me into Canada, every thing else would be loan. So I am truly trying my best to figure out everything I can as it will be an investment of my life (I will be going all in).

Thank u though for commenting means that you wanna help us :)
Manager
Manager
Send PM
Firstly bro, I am not offended and as I have checked with the fees of the previous year students- The fees is not what you are saying. What I remember is close to 90K, of which you can pay some of it during your Co-op as well.

However, if you want to live like a king then even 60 lakhs would be less for you, if in case you are including your living expenses as well. I am an international student on loan, and I have just taken 50% of my total loan amount, and managed my remaining expenses with my Co-op earnings. So it depends individual to individual. Also, I have been in touch with FT students who are working part time to cover up their expenses.

Well when you are contemplating, try not to generalize things. I hope you understand what it means.
In terms of finance, again that is your vague belief which you do not even know, and just to assure you brother, I have came here on loan too by keeping my parents only stake(their house) on mortgage. So probably I know what you want to say.

I am not saying good things about DeGroote for sure, but if you are a lucky one to even get a scholarship, which I didn't even got- Try to respect that, and when even you are saying something about FT of DeGroote, make sure you put your comments by verifying with current students. All students will have a different exposure so a better advise would be to use "LINKEDIN", connect with people and then ask multiple reviews and not stick with 2 or 3.

Hope that helps. Happy to answer any further question

Businessconquerer wrote:
VanshujArora wrote:

[/quote]
Well, there's no way to prove it unless I ask a few people about it, right?
As I know you are in the school, I think it might seem a little off, but I have to consider all possibilities before reaching a life changing conclusion. As it is Degroote is going to cost me nearly 60 lacs (complete cost of attendance), but doesn't it make sense to check.

Oh, and seeing all the other comments from you, You seem offended; don't be, we are all contemplating and providing all the info we think and we get from others. I know you are in finance so you are in kind of the highest paying segment of all the others.

Even I am in a situation where my father has given up his support and my savings will only be enough to get me into Canada, every thing else would be loan. So I am truly trying my best to figure out everything I can as it will be an investment of my life (I will be going all in).

Thank u though for commenting means that you wanna help us :)[/quote]
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Kudos
thinkoutsidethebox wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.

Whats your work experience? I notice that the years experience matter more on whether you get co-op or not (fewer is better). there are students here with 500 gmat in co-op. in fact, they called some guy who started his application, but didnt do this gmat and offered him co-op on condition he just write it.

I have 2.5 years work experience , gmat 610. Should I mail them again for the status of my application? What are my chances ?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Businessconquerer wrote:
bruno25 wrote:
Hi !
I had applied to the DeGroote MBA co-op program in early Nov 2019. However, I mailed them to check the status of my application and they said they will consider it in the Round 2 post Feb1, 2020 (maybe I am waitlisted). Can someone provide inputs on this ? When can I expect my result? Also, my skype interview was done in Round 1.

What was your GMAT, give me your profile, I can give you some insights

Hey , thank you! I have 2.5 years work experience , gmat 610.
SVP
SVP
Send PM
You should be fine. I received an invitation wayyy after all the guys here.

So I wouldn't lose hope

Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Send PM
Hi guys, I am not able to access the https://gmatclub.com/chat group link , can someone please share it again ?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
Although personally I prefer the https://gmatclub.com/chat group, but according to the Gmat Club's new policy, https://gmatclub.com/chat link sharing has been banned.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Send PM
What is the class strength of MBA full time and MBA with co-op at Degroote?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Nihaldixit wrote:

I guess coop - 120 and FT - 40
Intern
Intern
Send PM
So with a profile of 2.5 years of work experience .its better if i apply to Co-op as the student intake is more right ?

SVP
SVP
Send PM
bruno25 wrote:
Nihaldixit wrote:

I guess coop - 120 and FT - 40

In webinar they said 120 ft strength
They seemed uncertain
Intern
Intern
Send PM
Satyasiddhant wrote:
Hello Everyone
I am a current international student at DeGroote. Please reach out through DMs for any kind of questions. I am happy to help. All the best.

Hi hows the mba co op program at mc master?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
I received an admit for the FT MBA at DeGroote last night. Anyone who can add me to the group?
SVP
SVP
Send PM
ArushJain wrote:
I received an admit for the FT MBA at DeGroote last night. Anyone who can add me to the group?

Number?
I'll get you added

GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6920 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts