Last visit was: 26 Apr 2024, 09:56 It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 09:56

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Technology, Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q49 V33
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V36
GPA: 3.87
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [0]
Given Kudos: 27
GMAT 1: 630 Q47 V28
GMAT 2: 740 Q49 V41
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72892 [0]
Given Kudos: 18869
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 45
Concentration: Strategy, Sustainability
Schools: Ross '23 (WA)
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V40
WE:Project Management (Non-Profit and Government)
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants (2018 Intake; Class of 2020) [#permalink]
Hello folks! So happy to see that so many in this forum received invites. All the best to all of you!

I had a small question, does Emory extend in-person Alumni interview to India as well? I couldn't find that option when I selected my interview date (had to choose the one on my birthday :? )
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Re: Calling all Emory Goizueta MBA Applicants (2018 Intake; Class of 2020) [#permalink]
Hi,
When we schedule the FT Virtual interview they do not ask any skype/ other info only the phone number.
Also, they have told to mail the team in case we want to schedule virtual interview inspite of the fact that it is already present in the normal schedule. How do we do it ?
Thanks
Current Student
Send PM
jaskiratsareen wrote:
Hi,
When we schedule the FT Virtual interview they do not ask any skype/ other info only the phone number.
Also, they have told to mail the team in case we want to schedule virtual interview inspite of the fact that it is already present in the normal schedule. How do we do it ?
Thanks

I think that's in a situation that all the interview dates have run-out. Also, they only ask for your e-mail and phone number at the time of scheduling the interview.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [1]
Given Kudos: 8
Concentration: Strategy, Marketing
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
WE:Business Development (Retail)
Send PM
Kudos
jaskiratsareen wrote:
Hi,
Thanks

Once you send them an email requesting for a virtual interview (for a date and time you will have already booked), you will get an email confirming that you request for a virtual interview has been accepted.

A few days prior to your interview date expect a reminder from Goizueta (if you are using Gmail - do check the Promotions/Social inbox because the mail might end up there instead of your primary inbox) which will contain the broadcast link for the virtual interview. They don't use Skype but their own broadcast portal.

And a word of caution for MacBook users- the broadcast link will NOT WORK ON SAFARI (I had to download Chrome in the very last minute). Please make sure you have an updated version of either chrome or Firefox installed.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Send PM
CruyffTurn21 wrote:
Hello folks! So happy to see that so many in this forum received invites. All the best to all of you!

I had a small question, does Emory extend in-person Alumni interview to India as well? I couldn't find that option when I selected my interview date (had to choose the one on my birthday :? )

You can check with the Adcom team, but I don't think they have that option available for India this time around.
And best of luck for your interview! Cheers on the username as well, haha!
Current Student
Send PM
CantonasRaisedCollar wrote:
CruyffTurn21 wrote:

You can check with the Adcom team, but I don't think they have that option available for India this time around.

Well then, online interview it is! Thanks!

In case anyone is done with their interview, do let us know about your experience!
Intern
Intern
Send PM
CruyffTurn21 wrote:
CruyffTurn21 wrote:

Well then, online interview it is! Thanks!

In case anyone is done with their interview, do let us know about your experience!

Sure, i had my interview yesterday. It was pretty straight forward and relaxed, lasted for about 30 minutes.

It started off with the interviewer telling me about herself and then going on to my resume and starting with the questions. The first few questions were the general ones that you'd expect- Tell me about yourself, Why an MBA at this point in time, Why Goizueta and Post-Mba Goals.

The interviewer then moved on to behaviour and specific experience related questions that revolved around how you handle constructive criticism, what would your boss think about you, how do you cope with dynamic situations, and suchlike.

Hope this was helpful!
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
sagshukl wrote:
Got my invite 2 hours back as well! :)
Based in India. I've scheduled my interview on the 20th.

When did you submit your application?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [0]
Given Kudos: 22
Send PM
Got it finally as well!

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Given Kudos: 346
Send PM
Expert Reply
Guys,

If you have been interviewed lately, please post your experience. This will help lots of people in the upcoming rounds. :)

Thanks
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 171 [0]
Given Kudos: 150
GMAT 1: 770 Q50 V45
GPA: 3.85
WE:Design (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Wrapped up my interview last night. The Adcom started with a very brief intro of hers and quickly directed the conversation towards me. She said she was only having my resume in her hand and would like to know more about me during the conversation. Here're the questions she asked:

1. Tell me about your present work. (Follow up questions to understand my work properly)
2. Why do you want to get an MBA? And, why now?
3. How does your experiences and skills that you have gained connects with your post MBA goals? (Follow up question: why that particular concentration and area of work?)
4. You have worked in teams; tell me about the best team you have worked in.
5. If I asked your team members or your supervisors or your friends, which three words will they use to describe you?
6. Why did you chose to apply to Emory Goizueta?
7. Any questions for me?

There were other follow up questions as well in between. The entire interview was very conversational and the Adcom did seem genuinely interested in knowing more about me. The Adcom didn't stop herself from digging deep whenever she felt she required more info. The interview lasted a little over 30 minutes.

So, that's it. Hope it helps you prepare for your interview. :-) All the Best :thumbup: and Cheers :grin:
Intern
Intern
Send PM
abhimahna wrote:
Guys,

If you have been interviewed lately, please post your experience. This will help lots of people in the upcoming rounds. :)

Thanks

Hey, I posted about my interview experience a few posts back.

Just an additional query to you on the side, I see that you've also interviewed with UNC KF. If given the choice which one would you choose out of Goizueta and UNC KF?
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [0]
Send PM
Expert Reply
Hey, I posted about my interview experience a few posts back.

Just an additional query to you on the side, I see that you've also interviewed with UNC KF. If given the choice which one would you choose out of Goizueta and UNC KF?

Lol, thank you so much. :)

Well, a tough question but I would not think about this until I have both offers in hand.

So, I would have to defer my thought process for this. Sorry for that. :)
Board of Directors
Own Kudos [?]: 5426 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Expert Reply
Okay, done with the interview. Experience was not as good as Kenan or Kelley may be because I wasn't comfortable with their platform. But overall I think I impressed her. ;)

It lasted for 35 minutes.

Questions asked:

1. Tell me about your work life and what you do. (Basically walk me through your resume).
2. What makes you go for these goals and how will you reach there? (Basically why MBA and what are your goals and what have you done so far to reach there?)
3. Tell me about the best team experience you have.
4. We have so many BSchools there to go for an MBA, Why Emory only?
5. What inspires you so much towards healthcare?
6. What three words would your supervisors, team mates or friends would use for you?
7. Do you have any questions for me?

Actually, she asked so many things in question 2 itself that I thought I was going way too long to answer everything.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 0 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
I have applied in R1 and still haven't received any interview invite. Should I still keep my hopes alive? Is there a chance I'll be receiving an invite?
Gmat 680
W. ex 4.5 yrs in automotive
Cgpa 3.7
Good extracurriculars

Sent from my A0001 using GMAT Club Forum mobile app
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 19
GPA: 3.8
WE:Operations (Manufacturing)
Send PM
Did not received a call for interview so far for the application in round 1...Should I expet anything in the coming week as its the last one before the decision date !?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 23 [0]
Given Kudos: 59
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V29
GMAT 2: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.2
Send PM
abhisinghvi wrote:
Did not received a call for interview so far for the application in round 1...Should I expet anything in the coming week as its the last one before the decision date !?

Seems unlikely for Goizueta in my opinion, what other schools have you interviewed for?
GMAT Club Bot
   1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11  ...  15   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts