Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 14:11 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 14:11

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 156 [0]
Given Kudos: 6
Schools:Tuck
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [0]
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V41
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Send PM
Current Student
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Re: Tuck 2012 - Calling All Applicants [#permalink]
Kudos
[quote][/quote]

Are you an international student? 450 is fine. I had a couple of essays at about that length.
Director
Director
Status:My Thread Master Bschool Threads-->Krannert(Purdue),WP Carey(Arizona),Foster(Uwashngton)
Own Kudos [?]: 277 [0]
Given Kudos: 57
Send PM
Hi

I have 5.7 years of Work experience in IT recruitment(India)...though its not a Post graduate exp...I did my Graduation from University of delhi-B.COMP Correspondence.

After my High school i started working..I have a Diploma in aviation as well....

So i have few Ques's Hope some one can answer them..

1) With a graduation in correspondence can i apply to Tuck? If Yes,

2) What is the gmat score requirement? i know there is not fix score but on average?

Thank you
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 2
Send PM
losttraveler wrote:
Goodluck to all those Tuck apps! Great school and I really loved my visit... unfortunately CBS edged out just a bit for me so I withdrew my app after getting my admit. Good news is... now 1 more seat will be open at Tuck! :P

Congrats! Hope you have a great time at CBS.
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: General
 Q48  V36 GMAT 2: 740  Q50  V41
WE 1: Manufacturing
WE 2: Analytics
Send PM
Tuck2013 wrote:
Quote:

Are you an international student? 450 is fine. I had a couple of essays at about that length.

Yes i am an international..based out of India :) .. thanks for the reply
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
anyone going to the tuck event tonight @ yale club in nyc?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 375 [0]
Given Kudos: 118
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 760 Q50 V42
WE:Information Technology (Computer Software)
Send PM
anyone going to the tuck event at Hyderabad or Mumbai this November?

Moreover is it beneficial to attend the event after submitting the app? My understanding is that attending the event helps you get to know the school better and thus submit a better app. I am planning to submit before Oct deadline but the planned events in India are in Nov.
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [1]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Kudos
shorttheworld wrote:

Shorttheworld (I'd be short too), I went yesterday. I also had my class visit, interview and that stuff in Hanover yesterday.. The people up there are so bloody friendly and nice, and while I haven't been accepted anywhere (yet - hopefully, touch wood), I kind of hope to only be accepted one place. That way I wouldn't have to deal with choosing. Because, although it is in NH (personally this wouldn't be an issue), it is a fantastic place. Academics are stellar - but this you would expect from any such school. What sets it apart in my opinion is the people and culture. What they say at their events is actually true. What are your thoughts on recruiting? Goldman had been there one day before, and given the class size of 270 people roughly, it must be "easier" to get an in with that? Then again, my friend who just graduated with 800 peers from Columbia also landed a sweet job...

My trip, and return leg, to Hanover:D :

Distance Time Mpg Speed
252.00 3.92 32.30 64.00
252.00 3.67 34.20 68.00
504.00 7.58 33.25 66.00
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 42 [0]
Concentration: Strategy, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V37
GPA: 3
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
Hey guys I was filing out the application and there was a piece to describe how your international experience has impacted your life. How are you guys addressing this item?
Current Student
Send PM
kt780 wrote:
Tuck2013 wrote:
Quote:

Yes i am an international..based out of India :) .. thanks for the reply

There is a little more leeway with international students. Do keep in mind, however, that you will be competing against students that fly in from all over the world. I have met students that got in without flying to Hanover, interviewed over skype. So, it's possible but unless you have a decent excuse, you might be at a slight disadvantage.
Current Student
Send PM
NoggieViking wrote:
shorttheworld wrote:

Shorttheworld (I'd be short too), I went yesterday. I also had my class visit, interview and that stuff in Hanover yesterday.. The people up there are so bloody friendly and nice, and while I haven't been accepted anywhere (yet - hopefully, touch wood), I kind of hope to only be accepted one place. That way I wouldn't have to deal with choosing. Because, although it is in NH (personally this wouldn't be an issue), it is a fantastic place. Academics are stellar - but this you would expect from any such school. What sets it apart in my opinion is the people and culture. What they say at their events is actually true. What are your thoughts on recruiting? Goldman had been there one day before, and given the class size of 270 people roughly, it must be "easier" to get an in with that? Then again, my friend who just graduated with 800 peers from Columbia also landed a sweet job...

My trip, and return leg, to Hanover:D :

Distance Time Mpg Speed
252.00 3.92 32.30 64.00
252.00 3.67 34.20 68.00
504.00 7.58 33.25 66.00

Tuck is indeed a great place. With that being said, Tuck isn't your typical finance school. Tuck does have a good finance curriculum but maybe won't rival that of CBS. In my opinion it does, but hey, I'm very biased. What Tuck does attract are all the big banks, and plenty of small ones. There are plenty of alums in all the banks and the alums like to take care of Tuckies so getting to IB from Tuck takes work, but the percentages are pretty high (from what I've heard). For not being a pure finance school, there are plenty of opportunities. There are opportunities in PE/VC as well.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 43 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Send PM
With respect to IB recruiting/placement, Tuck appears to do just fine. I am not in the industry so take it with a grain of salt, but in talking to members of the Tuck Armed Forces group that did IB interships, banking is more about "fit" than excel skills. Banks just need people to churn through the work. They want someone reliable that they won't want to kill after being awake for 40 hours. Tuck students, by virtue of the emphasis on group projects and collegial nature of the LLC, naturally thrive in this environment. If you want to get into the hardcore analytical rigor of capital markets, there are probably better programs (Booth, CBS, Wharton). That said, the Theory to Practice seminars at Tuck could conceivably fill this need if you want to pursue it.

On another note, I attended a Tuck Reception in DC last night. Christie St. John hosted the event. If there's one thing I respect about Tuck it's that its people have the courage to come out and say "We're not for everyone." It's definitely my favorite school. All things being equal (though they never are), I would have a hard time choosing a school like HBS or Stanford over Tuck...if I were to get into each of them. Regardless, I put together my personal ranking of schools based on which ones placed the most emphasis on hockey. Tuck was the clear front-runner after conducting this critical self-analysis :P
Manager
Manager
Affiliations: Phi Beta Kappa
Own Kudos [?]: 34 [0]
Given Kudos: 9
Concentration: International Business, Other
Schools: Columbia - Class of 2014
Send PM
Gryphon wrote:
With respect to IB recruiting/placement, Tuck appears to do just fine. I am not in the industry so take it with a grain of salt, but in talking to members of the Tuck Armed Forces group that did IB interships, banking is more about "fit" than excel skills. Banks just need people to churn through the work. They want someone reliable that they won't want to kill after being awake for 40 hours. Tuck students, by virtue of the emphasis on group projects and collegial nature of the LLC, naturally thrive in this environment. If you want to get into the hardcore analytical rigor of capital markets, there are probably better programs (Booth, CBS, Wharton). That said, the Theory to Practice seminars at Tuck could conceivably fill this need if you want to pursue it.

On another note, I attended a Tuck Reception in DC last night. Christie St. John hosted the event. If there's one thing I respect about Tuck it's that its people have the courage to come out and say "We're not for everyone." It's definitely my favorite school. All things being equal (though they never are), I would have a hard time choosing a school like HBS or Stanford over Tuck...if I were to get into each of them. Regardless, I put together my personal ranking of schools based on which ones placed the most emphasis on hockey. Tuck was the clear front-runner after conducting this critical self-analysis :P

Very fair points - but in being honest with oneself, I think turning down HBS would be difficult.. I LOVE the place, the culture and the people, but I could concievably see me having a tough time turning down HBS. Probably won't have to deal with that situation though. A good indication for me personally with Tuck is the fact that it is so easy to demonstrate my fit, and why I truly would enjoy Tuck in a truthfully honest manner. Because it's how I really feel.

As mentioned earlier, I still hope I only get in to one school :P
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GPA: 3.4
WE:Securities Sales and Trading (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
anyone have any tips as for things they ask during the on campus interview and also i have an 11 o clock visit/interview set up, how will that play out? tour and class first then interview or does it vary based on the time? applying EA :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Concentration: Finance
GMAT 1: 760 Q51 V41
GPA: 3.5
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Why Tuck has so many essays/short answers to write:( Not to mention the another 500 words essay for international students to apply financial aid.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 216 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.37
WE:Information Technology (Consulting)
Send PM
I visited/interviewed at Tuck on Monday (the 19th).

It's a pretty amazing place. If you haven't visited, I highly recommend it.
Current Student
Send PM
shorttheworld wrote:
anyone have any tips as for things they ask during the on campus interview and also i have an 11 o clock visit/interview set up, how will that play out? tour and class first then interview or does it vary based on the time? applying EA :)

From what I recall it's nothing out of the ordinary. Know your resume and know Why Tuck. I'm not sure what the schedule is but what time were you asked to arrive on campus?
Manager
Manager
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, International Business
GMAT 1: 750 Q51 V40
Send PM
Hi All,

Any idea when Tuck Connections would open? Have been visiting the site quite often, but no luck..
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  6   7   8   9   10   11   12  ...  70   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts