Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 03:04 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 03:04

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
SORT BY:
Date
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [8]
Given Kudos: 218
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 5 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 9 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: General Management, Strategy
GPA: 3.7
WE:Engineering (Energy and Utilities)
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 21 [0]
Send PM
Re: Calling all Female MBA Applicants (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
roxygen wrote:
Hi there,

I´m also female MBA applicant. Can´t wait to have my Gmat finished and check closer to which schools to apply!

What is your status?

Quote:

Hi Roxygen, I have applied to a couple of schools in R2. No admits so far and will be applying to a few in R3. How about you?
Manager
Manager
Send PM
lightfall wrote:
Hi there,

I am so happy to have found this thread. I applied in R2 and am waiting for interview invitations "patiently".....

Hey lightfall, Am sure that with your score you would have many admits soon! :)
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Given Kudos: 61
Concentration: General Management, Finance
GMAT 1: 710 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 770 Q49 V47
Send PM
Hi there!

I'm also a female applicant, although I would assume I might be slightly little older than the rest of the crew. :-)
Applied R2 to a couple of schools, still debating whether to submit R3 for some more more....
Very happy to meet you all!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emilymom wrote:
Hi there!

I'm also a female applicant, although I would assume I might be slightly little older than the rest of the crew. :-)
Applied R2 to a couple of schools, still debating whether to submit R3 for some more more....

Definitely submit for R3! I made the mistake of contemplating too much and missing some schools and later regretting it. Where all have you submitted so far?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [0]
Send PM
MBAGirl17 wrote:
emilymom wrote:
Hi there!

Definitely submit for R3! I made the mistake of contemplating too much and missing some schools and later regretting it. Where all have you submitted so far?

I've applied to the two schools listed in my profile. I am limited in terms of geography and not sure if I should apply to the other schools. Need to do a little more research on them. I am still on the borderline and would need to ask for extra recommendation letters, which is quite a hassle. :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Given Kudos: 5
GMAT 1: 620 Q43 V33
Send PM
Kudos
I'm glad someone created a thread for this! I'm also a female applicant (seems like we are so few).

I agree - asking for recomms is the WORST. But nothing beats the horror of the GMAT haha

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Send PM
bsmgs wrote:
I'm glad someone created a thread for this! I'm also a female applicant (seems like we are so few).

I agree - asking for recomms is the WORST. But nothing beats the horror of the GMAT haha

I agree totally! Congrats on all your admits. Mind sharing your profile? You must have an impressive one I am sure! :)
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Sure!

620 GMAT (retried for 610 :( )
3.76 GPA from a state school. Major was business admin, minored in accounting.
3 year WE, 3 promotions - increased efficiency of ops by 20%. Found compliance error that saved $300K (I think these were the selling point that saved my apps since my gmat is subpar at best)
EC: project leader for local volunteer organization, I've also done work with a lot of organizations around my area
Goal is to go into strategic ops consulting, but finance would be good too :)

I've seen you on a lot of schools I've applied to (OSU for sure! And IU I think too). What would you like to go into?

Manager
Manager
Send PM
bsmgs wrote:
Sure!

620 GMAT (retried for 610 :( )
3.76 GPA from a state school. Major was business admin, minored in accounting.
3 year WE, 3 promotions - increased efficiency of ops by 20%. Found compliance error that saved $300K (I think these were the selling point that saved my apps since my gmat is subpar at best)
EC: project leader for local volunteer organization, I've also done work with a lot of organizations around my area
Goal is to go into strategic ops consulting, but finance would be good too :)

I've seen you on a lot of schools I've applied to (OSU for sure! And IU I think too). What would you like to go into?

Well, my current situation now is more along the lines of which school would like to take me :-D Wait-listed/Awaiting response everywhere. Hoping for some good news soon. Have you decided where you will be matriculating yet?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 2 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Expert Reply
For all women planning to apply to MBA programs, here's a new post, written by a former Admissions Director, about application strategies specifically for women. Although some might question if there any real differences between men and women who apply to b-school, based on our admissions experience, we know there are similarities in the way many women navigate the MBA admissions process, as well as some common mistakes which can be avoided.

Here's a link to the blog, which includes specific tips for women:
https://fortunaadmissions.com/women-appl ... -strategy/
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 16 [2]
Send PM
Kudos
Good luck! Wish you all the best! :D

Yes, I just sent a deposit to Fisher. It has the smallest program, and I've looked into the experiential learning opportunities and felt like it would be a best fit. Also, it's the only one I won't have to run myself $100K in debt for, which is incredible and a HUGE selling point for me. Rankings change, but I don't want to spend the first five years of post-grad paying off loans :)

What field are you trying to go into?

Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [0]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
bsmgs wrote:
Good luck! Wish you all the best! :D

Yes, I just sent a deposit to Fisher. It has the smallest program, and I've looked into the experiential learning opportunities and felt like it would be a best fit. Also, it's the only one I won't have to run myself $100K in debt for, which is incredible and a HUGE selling point for me. Rankings change, but I don't want to spend the first five years of post-grad paying off loans :)

What field are you trying to go into?

Congrats on your decision to enroll at Fisher! What field are you coming from and going into?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 12 [1]
Given Kudos: 14
Concentration: Real Estate
GRE 1: Q169 V162
Send PM
Kudos
Thank you for making this thread!!

MBAGirl17 wrote:
I thought this would be a good place for all female applicants to connect and help each other out, seeing as there are so few (at lease in online GMAT/MBA forums). Please feel free to share your application experiences here or any general B-school questions that you may have.

Question for you girls... do you think its customary to wear pantyhose for interviews?

honestly..I hate pantyhose. They make my feet slip in my pumps. But I dont want to make a faux pas on account of something so minor.. Thoughts?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 25 [2]
Given Kudos: 34
GMAT 1: 710 Q43 V45
GPA: 3.75
WE:Account Management (Advertising and PR)
Send PM
Kudos
DELLE wrote:

Question for you girls... do you think its customary to wear pantyhose for interviews?

honestly..I hate pantyhose. They make my feet slip in my pumps. But I dont want to make a faux pas on account of something so minor.. Thoughts?

My take is that they are necessary if you're choosing to wear a skirt, and not necessary with pants. Unless you have gorgeous, sheen-shined looking legs, it just looks more put together. Sort of like wearing a touch of makeup. And I HATE wearing makeup.

Also, and this is more a personal preference, but I think they should be close in color to your natural skin tone. Unless you have darker skin, then you can get away with an off black. Opaque tights are too stylish and less professional looking and should be avoided.

Then again, I think it'd be a real shame to ding a woman because she didn't wear pantyhose!
Manager
Manager
Send PM
emilymom wrote:
MBAGirl17 wrote:
emilymom wrote:
Hi there!

I've applied to the two schools listed in my profile. I am limited in terms of geography and not sure if I should apply to the other schools. Need to do a little more research on them. I am still on the borderline and would need to ask for extra recommendation letters, which is quite a hassle. :(

Congrats on your UCLA admit emilymom :woohoo
Manager
Manager
Send PM
ShoeBunny wrote:
DELLE wrote:

My take is that they are necessary if you're choosing to wear a skirt, and not necessary with pants. Unless you have gorgeous, sheen-shined looking legs, it just looks more put together. Sort of like wearing a touch of makeup. And I HATE wearing makeup.

Also, and this is more a personal preference, but I think they should be close in color to your natural skin tone. Unless you have darker skin, then you can get away with an off black. Opaque tights are too stylish and less professional looking and should be avoided.

Then again, I think it'd be a real shame to ding a woman because she didn't wear pantyhose!

Thanks ShoeBunny for enlightening us with that explanation :good. I had a similar question about formal shirts (while wearing them with blazers). Do you tuck the shirt collar inside the blazer or outside? I have seen and heard conflicting information about this (most say out though) and am not sure which one is the "accepted" or "right" way to do it. Your thoughts?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 13 [1]
Send PM
Kudos
Thanks very much MBAGirl17!

WRT your query about shirts, I don't think there is a right/wrong way for women. Believe it or not, I have actually seen it being argued (with enthusiasm) both ways.
When the collars are tucked in, I think they present a sharper, cleaner look. The decision to put the collar inside or outside the blazer would also depend on the fabric of the shirt you are wearing as well.
Personally, though, I don't usually wear shirts with collars. Because I have a shorter neck, the collars usually look awkward on me. I don't think wearing non-collared shirts has ever been a problem as long I dressed professionally.
GMAT Club Bot
 1   2