GMAT Question of the Day: Daily via email | Daily via Instagram New to GMAT Club? Watch this Video

It is currently 21 Jan 2020, 02:12

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  
Author Message
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Posts: 66
Location: India
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT ToolKit User
Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 20 Oct 2015, 19:59
1
Hi guys!
Has anyone heard from Fisher yet for the interview invites?
I just checked my status on the application portal and it says 'interview requested', not sure how to interpret that because I haven't received any mail yet.

UPDATE : Received an email as well, Interview Invite !
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Posts: 77
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 21 Oct 2015, 10:04
Hey Siamr,

Congrats on getting an interview invite. :)
Still waiting for the revered call.:(
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 22 Oct 2015, 09:35
Hi Everyone,

Please find all online events that are conducted by the Fisher MBA program for prospective students here: http://fisher.osu.edu/ftmba/connect-with-fisher/online-sessions/
You can use the link to register for these events.




Online Events - All times are Eastern Time


MBA Program Overview

Program Overview, Wednesday, October 14, 8 p.m.
Program Overview, Thursday, October 22, 8 p.m.
Program Overview, Wednesday, November 4, 8 p.m.
Program Overview, Thursday, November 19, 12 p.m.
Program Overview, Thursday, December 17, 8 p.m.

MBA Admission Process Overview and Tips

Admission Tips, Thursday, October 15, Noon
Admission Tips, Wednesday, October 21, 12 p.m.
Admission Tips, Thursday, October 29, 8 p.m.
Admission Tips, Thursday, November 5, 12 p.m.
Admission Tips, Wednesday, November 11, 12 p.m.
Admission Tips, Wednesday, November 18, 8 p.m.
Admission Tips, Wednesday, December 16, 12 p.m.

MBA Program Overview for Military Veterans

Military MBA Information Session, Thursday, November 12, 8 p.m.
Military MBA Information Session, Wednesday, November 25, 12 p.m.

Admissions Deadline Chat

MBA Admissions Director Chat, Monday, November 9, 12 p.m.
MBA Admissions Director Chat, Tuesday, December 8, 12 p.m.
MBA Admissions Director Chat, Monday, February 8, 12 p.m.
MBA Admissions Director Chat, Friday, April 8, 12 p.m.

Chat with a Current Student

Current Student Chat, Tuesday, October 20, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Tuesday, October 20, 5 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Wednesday, October 28, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Wednesday, November 4, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Wednesday, November 4, 5 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Thursday, November 12, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Thursday, November 12, 5 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Friday, November 20, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Friday, November 20, 5 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Monday, November 23, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Monday, November 23, 5 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Tuesday, December 1, 12 p.m.
Current Student Chat, Tuesday, December 1, 5 p.m.
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 26 Oct 2015, 23:21
any more invites yet?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 33
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.64
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 06:49
1
Yaay..got an interview invite yesterday :-)
Their admissions team is travelling to India in Dec 1st week and they have given the opportunity to have a face to face interview.
Really excited....All the best everyone!!
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Posts: 66
Location: India
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 06:56
varun8788 wrote:
Yaay..got an interview invite yesterday :-)
Their admissions team is travelling to India in Dec 1st week and they have given the opportunity to have a face to face interview.
Really excited....All the best everyone!!


Congrats for the invite varun ! :-D
There is very little activity in the thread post Oct 1 deadline. Anyone else with invite for the early round :) ?
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 33
Concentration: Operations, General Management
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.64
WE: Operations (Manufacturing)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 07:01
Hey Siamr

Congratulations to you as well :-)
Did you schedule the interview? What are your preferences Skype/Face to face?
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 07 Jan 2015
Posts: 66
Location: India
Concentration: Operations
GMAT 1: 710 Q49 V36
GMAT ToolKit User
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 30 Oct 2015, 07:39
varun8788 wrote:
Hey Siamr

Congratulations to you as well :-)
Did you schedule the interview? What are your preferences Skype/Face to face?


I have opted for Skype interview, scheduled for 16th October !
Manager
Manager
avatar
Joined: 10 Jun 2013
Posts: 77
Location: India
Concentration: Strategy, Operations
GMAT 1: 700 Q48 V38
GMAT 2: 710 Q50 V35
GPA: 3.8
WE: Operations (Energy and Utilities)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 03:03
Hey Guys,

Any idea whether the admissions committee has sent all the interview invites to international applicants. I am an Indian applicant and have not received any invite until now. So is there any point of waiting for the invites.
Pls help
Thanks
Intern
Intern
avatar
Joined: 01 Jul 2015
Posts: 24
Location: India
GMAT 1: 680 Q50 V30
GMAT 2: 700 Q50 V34
GPA: 3.08
WE: General Management (Education)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 31 Oct 2015, 03:20
SarangNampoothiri
Hi Sarang,

Glad to see you helping out the prospective students here. I am also applying for next Fall. I have a query.

I wish to apply before Nov'15 deadline. But I will not be able to provide my TOEFL score before that deadline. I have booked a date for TOEFL and will surely get my score by November end. Kindly guide whether I can still apply before the Nov'15 deadline and update the score afterwards? Or can I get a TOEFL waiver?

I have mailed one of the adcoms regarding this. Haven't got their reply yet. What's your take regarding this? Because I would like to apply for fellowship and if TOEFL is mandatorily required before Nov'15, then I need not rush with my essays and LORs.

Thanks in advance.
Regards
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 01 Nov 2015, 05:06
akshay4110 wrote:
Hey Guys,

Any idea whether the admissions committee has sent all the interview invites to international applicants. I am an Indian applicant and have not received any invite until now. So is there any point of waiting for the invites.
Pls help
Thanks



I have not heard of anything from them yet, but I am still hopeful.
Let's wait together.
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 11:19
Hi everyone,

The Admissions Team for the Fisher College of Business will be in India in early December. They would be conducting interviews, on an invitation basis only, for selected candidates who have already completed their applications. They will be in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. To be selected for the interview process, your application must be submitted by the November 15th deadline. Please feel free to reach out to me at [mba@fisher.osu.edu] if you have any questions.

All the best! :)

Sarang
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 11:34
SarangNampoothiri wrote:
Hi everyone,

The Admissions Team for the Fisher College of Business will be in India in early December. They would be conducting interviews, on an invitation basis only, for selected candidates who have already completed their applications. They will be in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. To be selected for the interview process, your application must be submitted by the November 15th deadline. Please feel free to reach out to me at [mba@fisher.osu.edu] if you have any questions.

All the best! :)

Sarang


Hi Sarang,

Thank you so much for the update.
But out of more curiosity I am asking this, "When can we expect to start hearing from the school regarding the interview invite?"
I had submitted my application a month ago and haven't heard of anything yet, so I was kind of worried and curious.


Rex
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 13:57
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
SarangNampoothiri wrote:
Hi everyone,

The Admissions Team for the Fisher College of Business will be in India in early December. They would be conducting interviews, on an invitation basis only, for selected candidates who have already completed their applications. They will be in Delhi, Mumbai and Bangalore. To be selected for the interview process, your application must be submitted by the November 15th deadline. Please feel free to reach out to me at [mba@fisher.osu.edu] if you have any questions.

All the best! :)

Sarang


Hi Sarang,

Thank you so much for the update.
But out of more curiosity I am asking this, "When can we expect to start hearing from the school regarding the interview invite?"
I had submitted my application a month ago and haven't heard of anything yet, so I was kind of worried and curious.


Rex


Hi,

We review files and try to give decisions about interviews within 4-6 weeks of receiving a 100% completed application.

Sarang
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 14:45
awindersingh wrote:
SarangNampoothiri
Hi Sarang,

Glad to see you helping out the prospective students here. I am also applying for next Fall. I have a query.

I wish to apply before Nov'15 deadline. But I will not be able to provide my TOEFL score before that deadline. I have booked a date for TOEFL and will surely get my score by November end. Kindly guide whether I can still apply before the Nov'15 deadline and update the score afterwards? Or can I get a TOEFL waiver?

I have mailed one of the adcoms regarding this. Haven't got their reply yet. What's your take regarding this? Because I would like to apply for fellowship and if TOEFL is mandatorily required before Nov'15, then I need not rush with my essays and LORs.

Thanks in advance.
Regards


Hi,

The TOEFL will be waived if you have earned a degree from a U.S. university. Applicants who are citizens of, or who have received a bachelor's degree or higher in, one of the following countries are exempt from the TOEFL requirement: Anguilla, Antigua, Australia, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bermuda, British Virgin Islands, Caicos Islands, Canada (except Quebec), Cayman Islands, Dominica, England, Grenada, Guyana, Ireland, Jamaica, Liberia, Montserrat, New Zealand, Scotland, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks, United States, and Wales.

Based on your TOEFL exam date, you could send a mail to [FCOB-GPOProcessing@osu.edu] to check on your specific case.

Warm Regards,
Sarang
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 03 Nov 2015, 20:30
1
"Interview Requested" - as per the status in Application Portal.
No confirmation email yet!

Best of Luck guys.


Or Am I too soon in interpreting that I have been invited for interview? :roll:
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 07:37
Hi SarangNampoothiri

I have got an interview invite but in the email there's just three options provided through which we can opt for interview
1. Campus
2. Off-Campus (USA and Canada)
3. Video

You mentioned, in your previous post, that the AdCom will be travelling to India in the First Week of December. I want to opt for Face-to-Face interview, when they are in India. Will it be possible for me to opt for that?
I tried calling up the AdCom, unfortunately I couldn't speak to anyone and it went as a recorded message.

Would you be having any idea in this regard?


Thanks,
Rex
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 27 Aug 2015
Posts: 20
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 11:31
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Hi SarangNampoothiri

I have got an interview invite but in the email there's just three options provided through which we can opt for interview
1. Campus
2. Off-Campus (USA and Canada)
3. Video

You mentioned, in your previous post, that the AdCom will be travelling to India in the First Week of December. I want to opt for Face-to-Face interview, when they are in India. Will it be possible for me to opt for that?
I tried calling up the AdCom, unfortunately I couldn't speak to anyone and it went as a recorded message.

Would you be having any idea in this regard?


Thanks,
Rex


Hi Rex,

Congrats! I think someone from the AdCom has contacted you on this. Please send me a mail at [FCOB-mba@osu.edu] in case you have further questions. All the best for your interview! :)

Regards,
Sarang
Manager
Manager
User avatar
Joined: 11 Aug 2014
Posts: 147
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V37
GPA: 3.74
WE: Information Technology (Health Care)
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 11:57
SarangNampoothiri wrote:
FatBoyfrmInD wrote:
Hi SarangNampoothiri

I have got an interview invite but in the email there's just three options provided through which we can opt for interview
1. Campus
2. Off-Campus (USA and Canada)
3. Video

You mentioned, in your previous post, that the AdCom will be travelling to India in the First Week of December. I want to opt for Face-to-Face interview, when they are in India. Will it be possible for me to opt for that?
I tried calling up the AdCom, unfortunately I couldn't speak to anyone and it went as a recorded message.

Would you be having any idea in this regard?


Thanks,
Rex


Hi Rex,

Congrats! I think someone from the AdCom has contacted you on this. Please send me a mail at [FCOB-mba@osu.edu] in case you have further questions. All the best for your interview! :)

Regards,
Sarang



Hi Sarang,

Thanks! and Yes, I have been able to get in touch with one the Student Ambassadors.
My doubts have been answered too. :)

Thank you again.

Regards,
Rex
Current Student
avatar
Joined: 05 Jul 2014
Posts: 128
Concentration: Technology, Strategy
GMAT 1: 700 Q50 V35
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post 04 Nov 2015, 12:17
Hey Guys
I may be jumping the gun here but i have a question. Does Fisher offer GA? if it does then the international student who is offered a GA is he eligible for the in state fee?
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018   [#permalink] 04 Nov 2015, 12:17

Go to page   Previous    1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11    Next  [ 218 posts ] 

Display posts from previous: Sort by

Calling all Fisher(Ohio State) Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018

  new topic post reply Update application status  

Moderator: dbsheta






Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group | Emoji artwork provided by EmojiOne