GMAT Question of the Day - Daily to your Mailbox; hard ones only

It is currently 21 Oct 2019, 00:55

Close

GMAT Club Daily Prep

Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.

Close

Request Expert Reply

Confirm Cancel

Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

post reply Update application status  
Intern
Intern
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!  [#permalink]

Show Tags

New post Updated on: 29 Mar 2010, 13:48
LOL....wishful thinking on my part.

Post subject: Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

daniyatom wrote:
Is the admit weekend fully paid for by the school?

LOL

Originally posted by daniyatom on 29 Mar 2010, 06:05.
Last edited by daniyatom on 29 Mar 2010, 13:48, edited 1 time in total.
Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 07:33
I haven't had a chance to actually talk to the admissions after the good voice mail.

For those of you with scholarships, does it mention anywhere on the website?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Texas '12
WE 1: Investment Strategy Analyst
WE 2: Corporate Controller

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 12:58
hwiya320 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to actually talk to the admissions after the good voice mail.

For those of you with scholarships, does it mention anywhere on the website?

For me, it was mentioned on the Official Decision page (letter with the offer of admission).
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 13:28
ditto for me.

if you get a scholarship, you will be informed via your decision letter.
Manager
Manager

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 18:57
A current student ambassador called me last night and offered to answer any questions I had. I admire Georgetown's pro-activeness and engagement for incoming students' benefit.

Sadly though, Georgetown's loan program needs a US co-signer hence making it harder for internationals to get loans..
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 29 Mar 2010, 19:41
What are the other options international students have if they do not have a co-signer for US loans? Any Ideas
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia, Fordham, NYU, Emory, U of Rochester UCLA, USC, UCI

Show Tags

New post 30 Mar 2010, 12:59
Hello,

I have a question for fellow Gtown applicants. One of my friend said that it is easier to transfer from one Jesuit school to another. For example, going to Fordham first then transferring to G-town. Is this a legitimate strategy or is my friend just blowing smoke? Anyone know? Thanks
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia EA [ding], MIT R1 [ding after deferral], Duke R2 [WL then ding w. interview], Ross R2 [admit], Georgetown R1 [WL, withdraw], Kelley R1 [admit, $$], Simon R1 [admit, $]
WE 1: 2 years Finance
WE 2: 2 years IT (undergrad)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 00:48
Hello, R1 applicant here. Was waitlisted w/o an interview. I sent them an essay with latest achievements and got 2 more people to recommend me (one of them a former alumn), but still no luck, I was kept on the WL after the R2 decisions.

I guess I will pull out, as I got a Ross admit..
Manager
Manager
Schools: Georgetown, UNC, Emory, GeorgiaTech
WE 1: Product Engineering
WE 2: Logistics & Inventory
WE 3: Product Information & Pricing Manager

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 05:12
oldschool83 wrote:
Hello, R1 applicant here. Was waitlisted w/o an interview. I sent them an essay with latest achievements and got 2 more people to recommend me (one of them a former alumn), but still no luck, I was kept on the WL after the R2 decisions.

Sorry to hear that oldschool83. Looks like you have great options available to you. I wonder why Georgetown waitlisted you while similar ranked schools even offered you scholarships.

What did you plan on studying?
Intern
Intern
Schools: Columbia EA [ding], MIT R1 [ding after deferral], Duke R2 [WL then ding w. interview], Ross R2 [admit], Georgetown R1 [WL, withdraw], Kelley R1 [admit, $$], Simon R1 [admit, $]
WE 1: 2 years Finance
WE 2: 2 years IT (undergrad)

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 06:31
hwiya320 wrote:
oldschool83 wrote:

Sorry to hear that oldschool83. Looks like you have great options available to you. I wonder why Georgetown waitlisted you while similar ranked schools even offered you scholarships.

What did you plan on studying?

I want to move from portfolio management to i-banking. I guess G-town is not that much into finance. Anyway, it was my safe bet since I thought I fit their requirements well, and I also have studied in one of their programs before and have a strong transcript. It seems though that they are picky about the length of WE. I am surprised to be WL-ed twice, but oh well :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 07:17
Hoping4best wrote:
What are the other options international students have if they do not have a co-signer for US loans? Any Ideas

From http://www.JumboTests.com:
Quote:
International students can often have trouble securing loans from banks; so stop looking to banks. In 2009 GMAC launched a pilot lending program to help international students attend business school. This program has a lending base of over $500m and can be used for funding at 40 different schools across the US and Europe. The British Council also has similar programs for students looking to study in the UK.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 21:48
I believe I saw earlier in the thread that the average scholarship amount for incoming students was around ~10k?? I was wondering if any admitted students on the board wanted to share what kind of aid $$ came with their acceptance packet? I know it's personal but just very very curious..

Thanks
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 21:55
WhoDat wrote:
I believe I saw earlier in the thread that the average scholarship amount for incoming students was around ~10k?? I was wondering if any admitted students on the board wanted to share what kind of aid $$ came with their acceptance packet? I know it's personal but just very very curious..

Thanks

Yes, mine was $10K/yr. But, I turned it down... so more funding for the rest. :)
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 22:01
hserfoj wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

Thanks

Yes, mine was $10K/yr. But, I turned it down... so more funding for the rest. :)

Thanks Hserfoj... Can I ask where are you headed instead? ; )
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 31 Mar 2010, 22:05
WhoDat wrote:
hserfoj wrote:
WhoDat wrote:

Thanks

Thanks Hserfoj... Can I ask where are you headed instead? ; )

I haven't decided... I currently have two great choices plus I'm waiting for other R2/3 school-decisions.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2010, 13:23
Guys, I am facing a tough decision b/w G'town and Marshall.G'town with some $, but not much. Marshall hasn't given me information about scholarship yet. How will you guys choose? Any insights comparing these two prorams?
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 01 Apr 2010, 13:35
marsun wrote:
Guys, I am facing a tough decision b/w G'town and Marshall.G'town with some $, but not much. Marshall hasn't given me information about scholarship yet. How will you guys choose? Any insights comparing these two prorams?

Wow, I faced a similar dilemma when I was choosing schools to apply. I applied to 4 top 10s, Gtown & a safety. I was really torn about applying to Marshall. I ultimately didn't because of time restrictions & now I really regret it. I have a done a tremendous amount of research on both schools (ie talking to alums/current students etc etc)

1st. I wouldn't make a decision based on $ (if it's a small amount).

I would base it on the following:

Location. If you want to work in SoCal or California the brand recognition and Trojan Network will serve you far better then going to Georgetown.

2nd. What industry do you plan on working in? USC has a real estate (and other) verticals & second year electives that Gtown does not. This does not mean it's necessarily better but I would definitely look closely at the 2nd year electives.

Beyond that they are very similar.. Similar size, international practicum, stats, selectivity.. I would certainly attend the admit weekends.. I just attended one for another school and it was invaluable in helping me choose if the school was right for me.
Intern
Intern
Schools: UNC (in) , Georgetown (app R3) , Tuck (dinged)

Show Tags

New post 02 Apr 2010, 09:48
Just received a R3 interview invite if anyone else is applying.
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 03 Apr 2010, 20:50
Just curious if anyone else on the R2 waitlisters send in their supplemental info in yet?? Iam hustling to get mine out by the end of this week.

Any R1 waitlisters w/ success stories?

Posted from my mobile device
Intern
Intern

Show Tags

New post 05 Apr 2010, 15:45
Marsun - I'm deciding between Gtown, Marshall, and a 3rd school that gave me some serious $$$. Ah, decisions!
GMAT Club Bot
Re: Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!   [#permalink] 05 Apr 2010, 15:45

Go to page   Previous    1  ...  8   9   10   11   12   13   14   15   16   17   18   19    Next  [ 372 posts ] 

Calling all Georgetown 2010 Applicants!

post reply Update application status  

Moderators: Gnpth, MsInvBanker