Last visit was: 25 Apr 2024, 12:40 It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:40

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.88
WE:Project Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 94 [0]
Given Kudos: 71
Send PM
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 26 [1]
Given Kudos: 39
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [1]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all Harvard Applicants: (2016 Intake) Class of 2018!! [#permalink]
Kudos
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 1 - News about Interview Invitations
Here's what our plan is for tomorrow, October 6:

At 12:00 noon ET, we will send interview invitations via email to roughly 600 Round 1 applicants. The email will contain detailed instructions on the scheduling process. On October 8 and 14, we will extend about 350 additional invitations (total).

Please don't speculate about the day you receive the interview invitation - it's not about you. It's about us and how we set internal deadlines for applications to be read.

Note: 2+2 candidates will be invited to interview in the October 14 wave. There will be no news for 2+2ers on October 6 or 8.

October 14 is also the date on which we will release candidates who are not moving forward in our process. We hope that by doing this early, we are enabling this group to pursue other options sooner vs. later. Also on this date, we will notify another group of applicants that we wish to further consider their applications in Round 2. Again, the email will provide information about the timetable and communication plan for this group. We anticipate that there will be ~100 applicants in this group.

And now, a request: PLEASE don't send any additional materials or letters of support. We've designed an evaluation process that we believe is as thorough and fair as we can make it. It's not perfect, but it certainly is a process to which we dedicate a tremendous amount of care and concern.

Before I close, all of us in Dillon are impressed. Impressed that you met such an early deadline. Impressed at the variety of ways in which you introduced yourselves. Impressed that you have all worked so hard to do well. And we're pleased - and proud - to be part of this place which you see as a training ground for aspirational leadership. We applaud your intent to make a difference in the world.

Onward.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
illuminator wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
munkee2018 wrote:
Hey guys, is it just me or is this year's R1 Gmatclub count low compared to previous years? This year it reads 405 vs. Classes of 2017 and 2016 which had 500+.

Is this because (1) people tend not to update their profiles until after interview stage, (2) there actually are fewer applicants from gmatclub this year (whether or not that reflects the general application pool), or (3) more people are pushing to R2 due to the early-ness of this year's 9/9 application deadline?

What do y'all think?

I don't even know how to add to that stuff.

Yep those are the factors at play. Don't worry

Ironically enough my field and expertise would imply I would know how.

That said, I do not think the UI on this site is intuitive, nor do I see the great benefit of adding the info. I guess it is good for mass knowledge? But I think this is an inherently biased stat source to begin with based on the type of person who would post on the forum.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
TheLostOne just trying to figure out whether you're indicating that you would like to add schools to your profile and don't know how or are just hesitant to do it because you don't see the utility.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
AnthonyMason wrote:
TheLostOne just trying to figure out whether you're indicating that you would like to add schools to your profile and don't know how or are just hesitant to do it because you don't see the utility.

I think a bit of both :lol:

Does anyone fear the schools might be looking at these boards?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 11 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance
GPA: 3.37
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
AnthonyMason wrote:

I doubt that the schools would take the time to look at these boards TheLostOne , and even if they do, it would certainly have a positive or neutral effect, because (1) the commentary on the schools is generally positive which they would appreciate and (2) we have a very data-centric approach. I know I was certainly impressed by all the analytics on the front page of the threads!
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Wait if they are interviewing 950 people and the class-size is also around 950 people then wouldn't that imply a 100% yield or are they accepting people without interviewing them I'm confused.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 85 [0]
Given Kudos: 48
Concentration: Finance, Economics
GMAT 1: 680 Q43 V41
GMAT 2: 760 Q49 V45
GPA: 3.18
WE:Analyst (Mutual Funds and Brokerage)
Send PM
Oops dumb question lolllol
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 53 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V41
Send PM
SilverBull wrote:
Wait if they are interviewing 950 people and the class-size is also around 950 people then wouldn't that imply a 100% yield or are they accepting people without interviewing them I'm confused.

Not a direct quote, but at an information session, Dee mentioned that when interviewed, the candidate typically has a slightly over 50% chance or being admitted. With that number, is close to 50% is admitted and everyone else WL'd or denied, they'll have just about the right number.

Hope this makes sense...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
SilverBull wrote:

This is just round 1 interviews.
Senior Manager
Senior Manager
Send PM
munkee2018 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:
AnthonyMason wrote:

I doubt that the schools would take the time to look at these boards TheLostOne , and even if they do, it would certainly have a positive or neutral effect, because (1) the commentary on the schools is generally positive which they would appreciate and (2) we have a very data-centric approach. I know I was certainly impressed by all the analytics on the front page of the threads!

Totally fair, but I suppose I wonder if they could ever connect the dots and discern which schools you are applying to or most interested in.

Like how many kids are from the Midwest, in a certain concentration, with that specific GMAT q/v split?

My paranoia is in full swing.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
Concentration: Finance, Healthcare
Schools: CBS '18 (A)
GMAT 1: 730 Q44 V47
GPA: 3.4
WE:Analyst (Other)
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
munkee2018 wrote:
TheLostOne wrote:

Totally fair, but I suppose I wonder if they could ever connect the dots and discern which schools you are applying to or most interested in.

Like how many kids are from the Midwest, in a certain concentration, with that specific GMAT q/v split?

Nobody has the time for that. I give the likelihood of this happening at roughly .01%.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 68 [0]
Given Kudos: 32
Send PM
TheLostOne wrote:
munkee2018 wrote:

While this is something that COULD happen, I don't think the odds are all that high given how busy the ad coms are at this time of year. And, of course, just listing the schools you're applying to and your present status in the application process won't give nearly enough identifying information for them to try and figure out who you are (I don't think...)
Founder
Founder
Own Kudos [?]: 72886 [0]
Given Kudos: 18867
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V42
GPA: 3
Send PM
Expert Reply
AnthonyMason wrote:

While this is something that COULD happen, I don't think the odds are all that high given how busy the ad coms are at this time of year. And, of course, just listing the schools you're applying to and your present status in the application process won't give nearly enough identifying information for them to try and figure out who you are (I don't think...)

Being an old-timer, i can weigh on this and say that 1) They don't have the time do browse the forums 2) They are really bad about figuring out who is who unless your username is your name and 3) It is probably not worth the effort.

P.S. We have had anecdotal evidence when an adcom for a certain school wanted to establish an identity for a member with 1,000+ posts (he was their alum)... they could not figure it out. He eventually told them and they said they have been trying to figure it out for a few years. They were not happy with some of his views I guess...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 27 [0]
Given Kudos: 10
Schools: Harvard Business School - Class of 2013
GMAT 1: 750 Q50 V42
Send PM
Expert Reply
A list of resources to help you prepare for your upcoming HBS interview (fingers crossed)...
https://www.mbaadmissionsadvisors.com/hb ... w-invites/

Good luck to all of you.
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 16
Concentration: Strategy, Social Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 740 Q50 V41
GPA: 4
Send PM
So if the clock passes, say 12:05 PM, one can assume that he or she is done for the day, right?

Joining the paranoiac herd :) :x :|
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 7 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
GMAT 1: 720 Q50 V38
GPA: 3.88
WE:Project Management (Insurance)
Send PM
Waiting is especially stressful at Eastern European Time with 7 hour difference. Anyone else from non-us here?
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Given Kudos: 7
Concentration: Strategy, General Management
GPA: 3.85
WE:Accounting (Accounting)
Send PM
Revisorx wrote:
Waiting is especially stressful at Eastern European Time with 7 hour difference. Anyone else from non-us here?

Yes, I'm in Western Europe so 6 hours for me. Going to be a long day. Good luck!
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  9   10   11   12   13   14   15  ...  43   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6921 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts