Last visit was: 28 Apr 2024, 12:48 It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 12:48

Close
GMAT Club Daily Prep
Thank you for using the timer - this advanced tool can estimate your performance and suggest more practice questions. We have subscribed you to Daily Prep Questions via email.

Customized
for You

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History

Track
Your Progress

every week, we’ll send you an estimated GMAT score based on your performance

Practice
Pays

we will pick new questions that match your level based on your Timer History
Not interested in getting valuable practice questions and articles delivered to your email? No problem, unsubscribe here.
Close
Request Expert Reply
Confirm Cancel
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 32 [0]
Given Kudos: 18
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Technology
GMAT 1: 740 Q48 V44
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 4
Concentration: Entrepreneurship, Strategy
GMAT 1: 730 Q50 V39
GPA: 3
WE:Engineering (Internet and New Media)
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 8 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 750 Q47 V47
GPA: 3.96
Send PM
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 0
Send PM
Re: Calling all HBS Applicants - (2015 Intake) Class of 2017 [#permalink]
Got an interview for 2+2 !
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 33 [0]
Given Kudos: 40
Concentration: General Management, Technology
GMAT 1: 710 Q50 V35
WE:Engineering (Entertainment and Sports)
Send PM
ding for me as well. Really hoping to get into Booth, and eat some deep-dish pizzas.

Congrats to everyone who got an invite.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 4 [0]
Given Kudos: 1
Concentration: Finance, Operations
GMAT 1: 730 Q48 V42
GPA: 3.38
WE:Operations (Consulting)
Send PM
Also deferred...not quite sure how to feel, better than nothing, but now we have to go through this all over again!
SVP
SVP
Own Kudos [?]: 3468 [0]
Given Kudos: 210
Concentration: General Management, Nonprofit
Send PM
This year's proportion of folks getting interview invites here seems really low :(
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 22 [0]
Given Kudos: 5
Concentration: Finance, Entrepreneurship
Schools: Sloan '17 (M)
Send PM
Ding.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 10 [0]
Given Kudos: 15
Concentration: General Management
GMAT 1: 750 Q49 V44
GPA: 3.62
Send PM
bostonbp wrote:
This is brutal. Nothing on app screen (still just says submitted, even in details), no email...I'm guessing that's probably a wait list but the suspense (again) is killing me.

UPDATE: Deferred. Which, for me, is brutal, as this is a top choice for me. More waiting! I would feel so much better if I could just get interviewed....

Hey, you know what? Deferred means that we're officially the rarest of the lot. Only 200/4000! :)

I've got a question, did they say specifically that they'll defer to R2? Mine said "If during further review of your application we decide to extend an invitation to interview, we will notify you via email." Just wanted to know if I should reserve a couple of days of vacation for this year in case I get invited for an interview out of the blue lol.
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 1 [0]
Given Kudos: 3
GMAT 1: 730 Q45 V44
GPA: 3.24
WE:Consulting (Consulting)
Send PM
pleezy wrote:
bostonbp wrote:
This is brutal. Nothing on app screen (still just says submitted, even in details), no email...I'm guessing that's probably a wait list but the suspense (again) is killing me.

UPDATE: Deferred. Which, for me, is brutal, as this is a top choice for me. More waiting! I would feel so much better if I could just get interviewed....

Hey, you know what? Deferred means that we're officially the rarest of the lot. Only 200/4000! :)

I've got a question, did they say specifically that they'll defer to R2? Mine said "If during further review of your application we decide to extend an invitation to interview, we will notify you via email." Just wanted to know if I should reserve a couple of days of vacation for this year in case I get invited for an interview out of the blue lol.

Based on the blog post from admissions, deferred to Round 2, so I would expect we learn of our status during that time (Jan+)
Retired Moderator
Own Kudos [?]: 163 [0]
Given Kudos: 49
Concentration: Marketing
GMAT 1: 680 Q44 V40
GMAT 2: 710 Q49 V37
WE:Sales (Other)
Send PM
Ding for me too! But I'm glad I know for sure and it's not drawn out. Good luck to the deferred and invited!

Best,

Bml
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: Round 1 - Next Steps
While you are happily back in your Real Lives, Dillon is in reading mode.

This is how the next stage of the process will unfold:

Interview invitations will be sent out via email on October 8 and October 15. Candidates invited to interview will receive detailed instructions about the sign-up procedure. The interview scheduler will go live the following day.

On October 15, candidates who will not be invited to interview will be notified of their release.

A group of Round 1 applicants, possibly 100-150, will be placed under Further Consideration. These candidates will be reviewed in Round 2 and either be invited to interview or released on the Round 2 timetable.

Round 1 interviews will be conducted between October 20 and November 21. Not all dates will be available in all locations. In addition to on-campus interviews, we will be interviewing in New York City, Palo Alto, London, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Dubai, Mumbai, Sao Paulo, and Santiago. Candidates who cannot travel may be accommodated via Skype.

I've said this before, but it bears repeating: We love having interviewees visit campus and will have a full day of get-to-know HBS activities, but the location of your interview plays no part in the selection process.

Onward.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 30 [0]
Send PM
FROM HBS Admissions Blog: For Round 1 Applicants - News about Interview Invitations
Here's what our plan is for tomorrow, October 8:

At 12:00 noon ET, we will send interview invitations via email to roughly 800 Round 1 applicants. The email will contain detailed instructions on the scheduling process.

On October 15, we will extend about 150 additional invitations. On that date we will also notify another group of applicants that we wish to further consider their applications in Round 2. Again, the email will provide information about the timetable and communication plan for this group. We anticipate that there will be ~200 applicants in this group.

Please don't speculate about the difference between receiving the interview invitation on October 8 vs. the 15th. It's not about you. It's about us and how we set internal deadlines for applications to be read.

Important: 2+2 candidates will be invited to interview in the October 15 wave. There will be no news for 2+2ers on October 8.

October 15 is also the date on which we will release candidates who are not moving forward in our process. We hope that by doing this early, we are enabling this group to pursue other options sooner vs. later.

And now, a request: Please don't send any additional materials or letters of support. We've designed an evaluation process that we believe is as thorough and fair as we can make it. It's not perfect, but it certainly is a process to which we dedicate a tremendous amount of care and concern.

Finally, I don’t think I've said this yet: Thank you to all Round 1 applicants. You met quite an early deadline! The buzz around Dillon House these past few weeks has been: Wow, this is a strong group - really strong. We're impressed and pleased and proud that HBS is the place you'd like to be. The vast majority of you are very well-qualified to be students and these decisions are tough. We're doing it the old-fashioned way - one application at a time - and wish we could say yes to so many more.

Back to work.
This Blog post was imported into the forum automatically. We hope you found it helpful. Please use the Kudos button if you did, or please PM/DM me if you found it disruptive and I will take care of it. -BB
Intern
Intern
Own Kudos [?]: 6 [0]
Send PM
Deferred for me as well. Looks like I will have some difficult decisions in a few months after R1 results come in.

Stats were 750/3.9/"public ivy"/IBD and buyside experience
Intern
Intern
Concentration: Finance, Real Estate
GMAT 1: 640 Q49 V28
GPA: 3.21
Send PM
One more ding
Intern
Intern
Given Kudos: 2
GPA: 3.5
Send PM
Dinged.
Looking at the backgrounds of everyone on this thread, I wonder who gets in...
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
GRE 1: Q170 V170
GPA: 3.7
Send PM
Did anyone in the military get a R1 interview invite from HBS?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 31 [0]
Given Kudos: 28
WE:General Management (Military & Defense)
Send PM
Thurston wrote:

Yes, I did.

Posted from my mobile device
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 124 [0]
GRE 1: Q170 V170
Send PM
Run4Fun wrote:
Thurston wrote:

Yes, I did.

Posted from my mobile device

Would you mind if I ask what your stats are? Are you applying to a joint program?
Manager
Manager
Own Kudos [?]: 15 [0]
Concentration: General Management, Operations
GMAT 1: 740 Q49 V41
WE:Engineering (Aerospace and Defense)
Send PM
cyberbg wrote:
Dinged.
Looking at the backgrounds of everyone on this thread, I wonder who gets in...

Good question, but looking at the stats for a lot of the dings...I can't say I am surprised.

I've had several reputable consultants tell me even with my 3.7 / 740, I would be a reach. :shock:
GMAT Club Bot
   1  ...  21   22   23   24   25   26   27  ...  63   
Moderators:
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
6923 posts
GMAT Club Verbal Expert
238 posts